Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

1 minute ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

“Do you have a guardian?  Someone I could call?  It’s dangerous here.”  It seemed slightly odd that she’s let Cadenza in so easily, but was having such an issue with Janice. Simply put, there was something very odd and offputting about a young girl costumed as a ninja wanting to join a deadly mission. Clearly, the woman was not taking her seriously, or in the way expected. She saw Janice as a child who didn’t understand what the school was about, or the risks, and was mothering her. 

in fact, she looked over Janice dismissively and addressed Shade. “Can I help you?”

@Random Bystander

"I can wait." She said with a tone in her voice that said she was used to kids with very little patience.

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"No. And I can handle myself."

She heaved a sigh at Shade, turning to Janice again.  "Well, you need to put contact information of your parents -or whomever is legally responsible for you, so we can contact them and ensure that they're alright with you joining this institution.  If you don't have guardians, I'll contact social services so we can assess your needs."

She heaved a sigh at Shade, turning to Janice again.  "Well, you need to put contact information of your parents -or whomever is legally responsible for you, so we can contact them and ensure that they're alright with you joining this institution.  If you don't have guardians, I'll contact social services so we can assess your needs."

"Uh... okay." Janice thought for a solid thirty seconds, spelling out the name she was thinking of in her mind, then wrote down Aryanna [whateverherlastnameis].

"Uh... okay." Janice thought for a solid thirty seconds, spelling out the name she was thinking of in her mind, then wrote down Aryanna [whateverherlastnameis].

The woman was skeptical, looking at the name.  "Could you fill out the rest of this?" she asked, with restrained patience.  

"Uhh... I don't know her... I don't think she has a phone."

"I also meant all the other questions," she said, gesturing at the list of basic information requirements.  "Dear, why don't you have a seat, and I'll call somebody for you?"  The old woman's voice was full of legitimate concern now.

Just now, ProfetessaOscura said:

"I also meant all the other questions," she said, gesturing at the list of basic information requirements.  "Dear, why don't you have a seat, and I'll call somebody for you?"  The old woman's voice was full of legitimate concern now.

"I--I can..." Janice tapped the countertop. "Well... okay. But I want to get training soon."

"I--I can..." Janice tapped the countertop. "Well... okay. But I want to get training soon."

"We'll see," the woman said, picking up her device and typing in some numbers.  She gestured for Janice to have a seat, from which she caught scarce parts of a conversation.  "Yes.  She's maybe eleven, no parents or guardians, has no contacts...  Costumed like...  Struggling to write...  Needs help..."

((You said that only works with people who have a qhoral connection to Trace?  Also, if she tries and fails, wouldn't the woman be aware of Trace pretty much immediately and sound an alarm?))

That's why Trace could only possess her for three seconds, and also why she's not considering it.

"Could you find Vespyr? Maybe he could help."

Trace thinned her lips to a line. I... could... but...

3 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Alright. I'll go find wind guy. Trace ran off to find Vespyr.

@ProfetessaOscura

3 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Alright. I'll go find wind guy. Trace ran off to find Vespyr.

@ProfetessaOscura

Vespyr was simply with Brother Sparrow and still in his main classroom.  

22 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Trace appeared in front of them. Hello there!

The appearing did nothing, as Vespyr was blind, but his brow furrowed.  He seemed genuinely confused, unsure.  Someone had spoken, and yet no one was there.  He opened his mouth as if to respond, then paused.  Finally, he said a simple word, quietly.  "Who?"

9 hours ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

The appearing did nothing, as Vespyr was blind, but his brow furrowed.  He seemed genuinely confused, unsure.  Someone had spoken, and yet no one was there.  He opened his mouth as if to respond, then paused.  Finally, he said a simple word, quietly.  "Who?"

Trace. Hi. How ya doing?

1 hour ago, Fallapede said:

"Should I know who you are, spectre?"

"It is a denizen of the Queen," Vespyr explained, "A murderer for her, like me, except...  This creature possessed Rai- Janice and murdered with the girl's hands."  He frowned in disapproval.  "The last I knew of you, you were removed, in a crystal of some sort, trapped by the Queen's hand.  Do you have a message, some threat to deliver, or some plan of hers to enact?"

On 3/22/2021 at 8:59 PM, ProfetessaOscura said:

"It is a denizen of the Queen," Vespyr explained, "A murderer for her, like me, except...  This creature possessed Rai- Janice and murdered with the girl's hands."  He frowned in disapproval.  "The last I knew of you, you were removed, in a crystal of some sort, trapped by the Queen's hand.  Do you have a message, some threat to deliver, or some plan of hers to enact?"

“No. She’s currently holding me hostage and I’d really appreciate it if you punched some sense into her.”

2 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

You don’t have to trust me. You just have to trust my motives.

"I don't have to do anything," Vespyr said plainly.  "You are likely being used in your dormant state as eyes for the Queen, with or without your will or knowledge.  I will not trust you with faith or knowledge, not while your body is under her control.  We both know the extents she can go.  Ask yourself, why are you somehow able to manifest without form?  Why are you urged to hunt me down?  Has she sent you after Janice, yet?  You might trust your resolve, but can you trust that you are not being used?  And can you even explain the science or the magic behind your miraculous appearance?"