Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Cadenza," Janice corrected. "And... would you... like to be... my... friend?"

He stood up shortly, as if she'd just slapped him.  "I don't do that.  I don't do the thing where people just- they make people promise to be there for them so they can use them.  If I want to, I'll be nice to you and hang out.  But I just met you.  I don't do... emotional contracts."  Corwin didn't meet her eyes, but he was scowling.  It wasn't like he was frowning at her, but he seemed distracted suddenly.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"No." Janice took his hand. "I just... I dunno. I don't know how friends work. I never had any until last week anyways."

"You just have each other's back.  Not everyone needs to be your friend.  You just... exist and people exist around you, and you don't necessarily hate each other."

On 4/27/2021 at 9:19 AM, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr tilted his head.  "I am a tool.  I am a monster.  People can be both, my friend.  Should you pose a better plan, perhaps a more idealized one, I will gladly consider it.  But with an ancient one like her, who desires nothing but destruction...  I see no other path.  But I do not see many things.  I appreciate your perspective."

"That is all I can ask for, I suppose."

On 4/30/2021 at 6:17 AM, Channelknight Fadran said:

“Yeah, but I tried to find the gangs that left you alone if you gave them things.”

“Yeah, but when you grow up, they expect you to join up in their ranks.”  He shrugged. “Anyways, how the hell did you live on the streets and not learn how to throw a punch?”  He froze. “Pardon my language.”

On 4/29/2021 at 5:53 PM, Fallapede said:

"That is all I can ask for, I suppose."

”You ask for... not much.”

30 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

“Yeah, but when you grow up, they expect you to join up in their ranks.”  He shrugged. “Anyways, how the hell did you live on the streets and not learn how to throw a punch?”  He froze. “Pardon my language.”

“I, well... people figured out that I tended to violently explode whenever they hurt me,” Janice replied. “And the ones who didn’t know that heard all kinds of nasty rumors about the yevon living in the alleyway. My favorite was that I could drink their blood just by looking at them.”

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“I, well... people figured out that I tended to violently explode whenever they hurt me,” Janice replied. “And the ones who didn’t know that heard all kinds of nasty rumors about the yevon living in the alleyway. My favorite was that I could drink their blood just by looking at them.”

"Hold up.  People who hurt you.  Explode.  And you just told me to punch you in the face and literally JUST DID whatever it was that killed people?"  His voice was suddenly cold, solid.  

On 4/28/2021 at 5:34 AM, Emi said:

"that would probably be a good idea. I will get only more damage from you. I surrender" Said Shidala, knowing that she'll lose.

She stopped using her aspect. "You did really well! I haven't sparred with anyone at my level for a while. It's nice to be challenged." She said with a grin. "Thank you so much. Fighting you is hard."

1 hour ago, Random Bystander said:

She stopped using her aspect. "You did really well! I haven't sparred with anyone at my level for a while. It's nice to be challenged." She said with a grin. "Thank you so much. Fighting you is hard."

“Thanks! I’m still learning, but I’m slowly getting better.” Shidala smiled with satisfaction. This fight was a good one,  even though she lost. 

14 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“I don’t like blowing things to smithereens!”

Corwin rolled his eyes.  "Yeah, probably since you keep blowing up yerself," he said.  "You should blow up things that need blowing up, like the Queen or her minions, or whatever."  He scuffed his shoes in the sand, skidding the thin layer about absentmindedly.