Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

Just now, Ookla the Channelknight said:

"Then how's about we smite them?"

"Seems like a bit much of a revolution to do on our own. What are your powers, any interesting Aspects?"

@Ookla's Dice

Quote from the worldbuilding doc on where we are at:

"Raodea is an archipelago loosely held together by a confederacy. Each island has a noble family who is supposed to provide for the well being of all the citizens of their island. Most of the nobles look at their duty as an important one, and many islands have provisions for replacing their noble family if they fail to provide. The nation as a whole is governed by a council of all the nobles, who get more votes for having more citizens. Each island has unique cultural elements, but tend to be similar enough that citizens of one island could live comfortably on any other island."

16 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

"Suit yourself. So you do plan to kill."

He pointed Lloyd towards a dresser on the other side of the room. "I mostly just have fake facial hair, but I've got outfits of a few different professions. Robes, suits, Claymore uniforms."

... *devious smile* Claymore uniforms? Like the half and half combos with giant swords?

I thought we were in the democracy.

1 minute ago, Knight of Iron said:

"Raodea is an archipelago loosely held together by a confederacy. Each island has a noble family who is supposed to provide for the well being of all the citizens of their island. Most of the nobles look at their duty as an important one, and many islands have provisions for replacing their noble family if they fail to provide. The nation as a whole is governed by a council of all the nobles, who get more votes for having more citizens. Each island has unique cultural elements, but tend to be similar enough that citizens of one island could live comfortably on any other island."

Thanks... so Maddy is a guardswoman and family friend of the noble via her parents who are both dead now. She lives in a separate barrack but is funded/sustained enough to live on by the noble of the island. Where exactly are you guys? I can get her pretty much anywhere.

Edited by Ookla's Dice

1 minute ago, Ookla's Dice said:

I don't know about the others, but Cruz, Lloyd, and Trace are in a secret bunker of Cruz's, hiding from all authorities at the moment.

Oh, @Ookla the Grammatical, if you're still lurking, Null PMed me that they were landing at Roadea.

Edited by Knight of Iron

Then it’ll be difficult as Maddy is technically an authority. I guess I was wrong :P 

You’ll need to come up eventually... when you do, mention me. I’ll meet with Fadran/Wind/Knight first. I’m on mobile rn anyway and probably need to go soon so that’ll be better.

Kane walked through a nameless Raodean city with a spring in his step, and covered in water.

Once the firefight had started, it had been a simple matter to get his undercover operative to hand him a keycard, then jump off the ship, and swim to shore.

He figured he had at least an hour before his disappearance was noticed, and he wanted to use that time to it's fullest. 

"Kane! Good to see you." Xenia strode up behind him, hands in her pockets. "Been swimming I see."

Kane grinned, falling back to walk in pace with her. "Yeah, water's nice this time of year." He paused, checking his watch. "How much time we need?"

She nodded to a hotel, walking into it. He followed.

"Shouldn't be more than two hours. We can get you back to the authorities in no time." Xenia walked to an elevator, pushing in the necessary code. "How has prison been?"

Kane shrugged. "Same as always."

She snorted. "And Quinn?"

He stiffened, evidently uncomfortable. "Also the same as always."

Xenia raised an eyebrow. "Bad, huh?"

Kane shrugged, feeling relieved as the elevator doors opened, ending the conversation. 

"I've contacted some attorney's and they agree that the case is winnable. We just need your custom bravado, and some prayers that Quinn doesn't close off press coverage." They walked out of the elevator, and opened the door into the suite that the Talon had rented out.

He grabbed a towel, and began to dry his hair, his grin returning.

"Quinn will be of no worry, the yevon your team corrupted will draw her attention."

Xenia sighed. "You sure? I doubt Quinn would get distracted from the case."

Kane's grin widened. "Trust me on this, getting Sabirian support will be easy, all we need to do, is win this case, then Myria will be ours."

And the lesson here kids, is that even when you are an international terrorist organization, you should never doubt the power of a lawsuit, and high public approval rating. (Public approval rating only matters in a democracy, though. Oh wait...)

I just revealed my entire plan.

*Evil laughing intensifies* 

Edited by I Am A Fish
Grammare

Just now, Ookla the Channelknight said:

"You, probably. I think we should dispose of this one." Trace thumbed at Lloyd.

Cruz considered. That was something he would be interested in. That son this morning hadn't been his first noble killed, and he didn't have a particular fondness for them. They had tried to pass anti-discrimination laws, but only the least important of them had passed. To spite the people.

But... ruling all of Raodea? The people would resist. Never had one ruled over all islands.

Perhaps one island would be enough for him. His island, his home.

"You're going to have to show me you can actually help me do that. We can go into this larger tunnel over here for demonstration. And Lloyd (@Ookla the Hemalurgic Pinto), you can try to figure out your new Aspect or whatnot."

In determining the plausibility of this idea, I need some back info on "the backup system" mentioned in the doc on how the people of each island instate new islands. Is the system up to each island to determine? Is it a democratic vote, lineage, etc.?

@00kla

12 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

Cruz considered. That was something he would be interested in. That son this morning hadn't been his first noble killed, and he didn't have a particular fondness for them. They had tried to pass anti-discrimination laws, but only the least important of them had passed. To spite the people.

But... ruling all of Raodea? The people would resist. Never had one ruled over all islands.

"You're going to have to show me you can actually help me do that. We can go into this larger tunnel over here for demonstration. And Lloyd (@Ookla the Hemalurgic Pinto), you can try to figure out your new Aspect or whatnot."

@00kla

"Sounds good."

1 hour ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

"You're not being included. We're probably gonna kill you first."

“You wish.” 

57 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

@00kla

“Whatever you say.” Lloyd walks into the larger tunnel.