Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

20 hours ago, I Am A Fish said:

Quinn glanced at him, annoyed. "What part of dangerous war criminal do you not understand?"

"I know that I can get some very capable help if I can just talk with lord Douger. The idea is that when we engage him, we'll have enough force to know that we will win."

5 hours ago, Ookla's Dice said:

Maddy's dislike of this man was instantly inflated.

"You never told me your name."

“I never wanted to.” Lloyd started to walk off into an alley. “Think bigger!” He yelled over his shoulder.

24 minutes ago, Ookla the Hemalurgic Pinto said:

“I never wanted to.” Lloyd started to walk off into an alley. “Think bigger!” He yelled over his shoulder.

Maddy carefully memorized the man’s face. She didn’t need a name.

May she never have to put the recollection to use. Forsake Colonel for interacting with such a man.

...That went well. Interesting development. :P 

Hey, what is like... the ‘curse’? Roshar has ‘storms’, Scadrial has ‘rusts’, what does Siren’s Call have? (And while I’m asking, what’s the name for the world?)

6 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

Cruz leaped to the rooftop of the manor and crouched, listening. He heard screaming, and a massive explosion. Guess she wasn't one for stealth. That was fine with Cruz. Flashy could be useful in its own ways.

He snuck closer to keep an eye on her progress.

A hallway of corpses strewn out behind her, Trace kept walking. The house was on fire now; pity, it would probably help hide the evidence.
Before pushing through what looked like the door to the master bedroom, Trace fingered her dagger. She had no idea what lay inside. She tried waiting for her power to build, but that proved to be annoying. Trace flipped over her dagger, took a breath, then stabbed it into her arm.
She screamed in pain, but it seemed to do the trick. It took even more willpower just to pull it out, though; blood, pent up behind the knife blade, spilled out onto the floor. After that, it streamed down steadily, leaving her arm red.
Power stored, Trace was ready to go. She pushed open the door.
Two guards were the only defenses. They were dead in seconds; one by her dagger, the other by a burst of power to the chest. So she didn’t need to do all that preparation. She healed herself by blowing the wall clean off, letting in a crisp breeze that contrasted the fire building up throughout the house.
A terrified-looking man clutched a sword, shivering a nightgown and shaking uncontrollably.
You did this?” He demanded. “You’re just a child!”
Trace retrieved her dagger, walking forwards calmly. “The body I’m in is, sure. I’m closer to a thousand years old.”
The man was quiet for a moment, then said, “you’re here for me?”
“Yep. Any last words?”
He yelled what sounded like a battle cry, running at Trace. He swung his sword awkwardly; an attack easily dodged. It still grazed her arm, though, leaving a thin line of blood imperceivable against the red already there. He stumbled forwards, and Trace held out her dagger for him to fall into.
He gasped, clutching his chest and coughing up blood. The nobleman didn’t scream; it seemed that he wasn’t capable of doing so. He just fell over, coughing a few more times before going quiet.
With the house burning behind her, Trace hopped out the hole in the wall. She might’ve dislocated her ankle by the fall, but she healed herself of any wounds she might’ve received by releasing another burst of power behind her, shattering a modest portion of the house. The small cut the nobleman had given her was still there, however; curious.
Trace walked over to where Cruz had been standing, looking around to try and spot him. While she waited, she grabbed a mostly unburnt curtain from the house, using it to soak up the blood covering her arms.
“Cruz?” She asked. “Assassin guy?”

6 hours ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

Trace walked over to where Cruz had been standing, looking around to try and spot him. While she waited, she grabbed a mostly unburnt curtain from the house, using it to soak up the blood covering her arms.
“Cruz?” She asked. “Assassin guy?”

Cruz jumps down from the roof.

"Impressive. What powers or abilities do you have?" Cruz said, a little envious. It was the cruel fate of the world that he, as an assassin, would have a healing Aspect of all Aspects.

Lloyd was going to find them, Trace and that Cruz guy were going to get into some trouble and he needed to find them before they killed half the population. He would be able to find them fast if he went to whoever ruled this island. They’ll have any news on attacks. Lloyd went straight up to the nobles home. “Hey! I need to speak with whoever’s I charge here!”

4 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

Cruz jumps down from the roof.

"Impressive. What powers or abilities do you have?" Cruz said, a little envious. It was the cruel fate of the world that he, as an assassin, would have a healing Aspect of all Aspects.

"I can make things blow up by drawing on my pain." Trace finished wiping the blood off her arms. "That's why I'm covered in blood, but have no wounds to show except this annoying little bugger." She gestured at the tiny graze over her arm. "Do you think we should go before the feds catch up?"

2 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I can make things blow up by drawing on my pain." Trace finished wiping the blood off her arms. "That's why I'm covered in blood, but have no wounds to show except this annoying little bugger." She gestured at the tiny graze over her arm. "Do you think we should go before the feds catch up?"

“Yeah, we gotta get out of here,” Cruz said. “Need me to heal that? I’ve got a healing Aspect. Not useful for much else.”

5 hours ago, Ookla the Hemalurgic Pinto said:

Lloyd was going to find them, Trace and that Cruz guy were going to get into some trouble and he needed to find them before they killed half the population. He would be able to find them fast if he went to whoever ruled this island. They’ll have any news on attacks. Lloyd went straight up to the nobles home. “Hey! I need to speak with whoever’s I charge here!”

A butler at the entrance stops you. "The Lord and Lady are busy right now, if you would like to petition for audience, there is a small waiting list I can put you on"

3 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Do you think we should go before the feds catch up?"

Impressive, child. You are progressing admirably.

1 hour ago, Negative_Null said:

Impressive, child. You are progressing admirably.

'Course I am.

1 hour ago, Knight of Iron said:

Cruz touches the wound with his finger and takes a deep breath in. A second later, the wound was healed.

"Let's go. I'd say we should sleep, but we're assassins. Sleep can wait until the morning."

"I've gone without sleep for longer than a night. Lead the way."

6 minutes ago, Matrim’s Dice said:

Maddy snorted. “That man is not my friend; you know him better then I.”

"I wouldn't say that, but never mind. Maddy, you and I need to talk with Lord Douger." Tulcam turned to Cadenza, "We'll be back soon, I just need to make sure that Douger knows that I'm getting Maddy's help with this."

@Condensation

4 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"I wouldn't say that, but never mind. Maddy, you and I need to talk with Lord Douger." Tulcam turned to Cadenza, "We'll be back soon, I just need to make sure that Douger knows that I'm getting Maddy's help with this."

@Condensation

Whatever ‘this’ is. Maddy thought. She figured Douger probably wouldn’t care, but it would be smart to go, so she nodded.

Who’s gonna be Douger?

13 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“You can call me Trace.”

"Alright, Trace," Cruz said as he steered the motorboat away from the island. The motorboat was as silent as could be, nearly undetectable in the night.

"This next island, Varar, is pretty important. In fact, it's the perfect opportunity for a good massacre. I was holding off going here until later in the night and you had proved yourself, but I think the two of us should be able to handle it. A feast, a reunion of a prominent noble family with nobles from multiple islands. Aoda, Toam, and, of course, the island itself Varar. They should be drunken enough by now. The news of our assassinations might spread quickly however, as the ones you killed weren't the only ones killed this day. We just need to be quicker."

Also, question to anyone willing to answer: with the Aspects, do you typically have to "draw" from an outside source to power it, or is that just some of these.

25 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

"Alright, Trace," Cruz said as he steered the motorboat away from the island. The motorboat was as silent as could be, nearly undetectable in the night.

"This next island, Varar, is pretty important. In fact, it's the perfect opportunity for a good massacre. I was holding off going here until later in the night and you had proved yourself, but I think the two of us should be able to handle it. A feast, a reunion of a prominent noble family with nobles from multiple islands. Aoda, Toam, and, of course, the island itself Varar. They should be drunken enough by now. The news of our assassinations might spread quickly however, as the ones you killed weren't the only ones killed this day. We just need to be quicker."

"I have a plan, if you don't mind me calling a few shots."