Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

8 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

"I'm afraid we cannot allow that." The butler casually brushes his suit jacket to the side, revealing the sword sheathed at his side.

Jay's Scry lights up and he checks it. "Dusts... a lord's manor was just attacked by... a mysterious explosion..." he looks up. "That's Trace's work. We need to leave."

Lloyd’s smiles. “Never mind. I don’t need you now. Hey Jay! Can I get a ride to the island?”

21 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

"I'm afraid we cannot allow that." The butler casually brushes his suit jacket to the side, revealing the sword sheathed at his side.

Tulcam walked up to the door before the butler could close it. "I need to speak with Lord Douger on military business."

2 hours ago, The Ward's Guard said:

Tulcam walked up to the door before the butler could close it. "I need to speak with Lord Douger on military business."

Seeing the uniform, the butler says "and who are you?"

15 hours ago, Ookla the Hemalurgic Pinto said:

Lloyd’s smiles. “Never mind. I don’t need you now. Hey Jay! Can I get a ride to the island?”

Did we follow you, then?

"We need a boat"

"Kane, hands up! These are electric rounds."

It had taken a while, but Quinn had tracked Kane to a hotel in the city.

Kane gave her an annoyed look. "Are we doing this again? Come on Quinn, I thought you were better than that."

Quinn moved her finger to the trigger of her rifle. "Get on the ground."

Kane sighed, but did nothing.

Grimacing, Quinn fired, only to see the shots lurch to the side.

Xenia stepped into the room. "We have you outnumbered Quinn, now be a dear, and drop your rifle."

Quinn glared at her, beginning to slowly walk backwards. "Let this be a peaceful exchange Xenia, surrender and I won't shoot."

Xenia snorted, and, using her aspect, pulled the rifle out of Quinn's hands, then threw it to Kane. Kane grinned, then pointed the weapon at Quinn. "All right, here's what's going to happen! Quinn, you are going to leave, head back to Sabir, and set up my trial. Now go! Or I will kill you."

Quinn snarled. "And, why would I do that?"

Kane smirked. "Because, as a criminal, I get a trial."

Quinn drew a pistol, and fired at Kane, only to feel something embed itself in her neck. 

As darkness began to fill her vision, Xenia walked over to Kane, dropping her tranquilizer gun on the floor. "She'll be fine, probably wake up in a few hours at the embassy. That is, if the hotel staff find her." 

Kane picked up the gun, turning to Xenia. "I feel like we should leave."

Xenia nodded. "That would probably be wise."

Then Quinn collapsed, and everything went black.

Hmm...

Writing Xenia-Kane-Quinn interaction is fun.

20 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

The butler sighs. "I suppose I'll have to let you in." He presses a button on his watch and says into it "A Colonel Tulcam on urgent business, entering"

Maddy followed Colonel past the butler without glancing at him. In theory, the butler would recognize her.

5 hours ago, Matrim’s Dice said:

Maddy followed Colonel past the butler without glancing at him. In theory, the butler would recognize her.

5 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

The butler sighs. "I suppose I'll have to let you in." He presses a button on his watch and says into it "A Colonel Tulcam on urgent business, entering"

The Colonel turned to face both Maddy and the Butler. "Where can I find Lord Douger?"

3 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

The Colonel turned to face both Maddy and the Butler. "Where can I find Lord Douger?"

“Likely in his study; up the stairs and to the right. First door, can’t miss it. Have you never spoken to him in his own home before?”

22 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

“Likely in his study; up the stairs and to the right. First door, can’t miss it. Have you never spoken to him in his own home before?”

"I've been mainly positioned at posts abroad. I can't remember the last post I had on a Confederate island. Come, we need to hurry up so that we can help Quinn." 

The colonel marched up towards the lord's study, he knocked loudly when he approached the door.

Edited by The Ward's Guard

2 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"I've been mainly positioned at posts abroad. I can't remember the last post I had on a Confederate island. Come, we need to hurry up so that we can help Quinn." 

The colonel marched up towards the lord's study, he knocked loudly when he approached the door.

Maddy winced slightly at the abrupt motion, though she supposed it was better than barging in. Typically she wouldn't care about the loud knocking, but she always seemed to grow less aggressive the closer she came to Lord Douger.

Apparently, the Shard has the two best artists on the face of the scudding planet.

For here is Janice, drawn by Emi:

Spoiler

Janice.jpeg.5b5c7ec34d5d032b5209f1d70800eba4.jpeg

Spoiler

Yes, in the RP she has traces on both arms. Shut up about the inconsistencies and admire Emi's work.

And Trace, drawn by rev:

Spoiler

Trace.png.b33ffef1b3a056b28a4b2ed467bf4b63.png

Spoiler

I'm just a little disappointed that Trace is using the wrong finger to flip Lloyd the bird.

Spoiler

Just kidding

@EmiTheNinja @revelryintheart

On 12/22/2020 at 7:01 PM, Matrim's Dice said:

Maddy winced slightly at the abrupt motion, though she supposed it was better than barging in. Typically she wouldn't care about the loud knocking, but she always seemed to grow less aggressive the closer she came to Lord Douger.

Another servant opened the door. "Colonel, to see the Lord?"

On 12/22/2020 at 8:00 PM, Ookla the Hemalurgic Pinto said:

“Jay, which island was the attack on?”

@Negative_Null

15 hours ago, Condensation said:

"Oh joy, yet another boat. Does anyone know where we can find one?"

"-whichever lord Knight said it was.- I bet we could talk to the military and get on one"

1 hour ago, Negative_Null said:

Another servant opened the door. "Colonel, to see the Lord?"

Tulcam nodded. His voice having a sharp tone to it, as he was quite obviously annoyed at how long this was taking. "Tell lord Douger that this will only take a moment, but we need to talk now."