Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

54 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

@Negative_Null and @Matrim's Dice

The colonel nodded at Lord Douger. "That's all from me sir, we need to make contact with the rest of the group. Come Maddy, let's see if Quinn has found Kane now."

Not sure what you mean, wouldn’t news come as it would anyway?

Maddy nodded, and followed Colonel out of the room. 

Just now, DramaQueen said:

So, Lloyd and his pal were in the open sea.  They see this great big ship, and she tells him it's a pirate ship and seems to recognize it.  Despite being warned not to attack it, Lloyd thinks he's got this down pat because he's OP and feeling awesome.  He then goes on an attack into the ship, where he maims a child who had tried to spare him and multiple members of the crew.  He then reapproached the topmost deck, only to realize that the ship was crewed not by pirates, but by official marine personnel(My brain has decided that the pirates had entered a fearsome sea-battle and escaped on a different boat than the one they had previously owned.  The military, instead of burning it, repurposed it).  The captain/admiral of the ship is pissed off because his child is maimed and he has injured members of his crew, and is now vindictively ordering that the ship be turned about to destroy Lloyd and his pal's skiff.

9 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

So, Lloyd and his pal were in the open sea.  They see this great big ship, and she tells him it's a pirate ship and seems to recognize it.  Despite being warned not to attack it, Lloyd thinks he's got this down pat because he's OP and feeling awesome.  He then goes on an attack into the ship, where he maims a child who had tried to spare him and multiple members of the crew.  He then reapproached the topmost deck, only to realize that the ship was crewed not by pirates, but by official marine personnel(My brain has decided that the pirates had entered a fearsome sea-battle and escaped on a different boat than the one they had previously owned.  The military, instead of burning it, repurposed it).  The captain/admiral of the ship is pissed off because his child is maimed and he has injured members of his crew, and is now vindictively ordering that the ship be turned about to destroy Lloyd and his pal's skiff.

“You have a lot of military uniforms for normal pirates.”

Just now, Ookla the Hemalurgic Pinto said:

“You have a lot of military uniforms for normal pirates.”

Well, that might have cleared things up, if he wasn't currently in the water after jumping off the railing.  He could hear the shouts and enraged buzzing as the ship loomed, arcing a vast turn in the crashing waves, cutting back the way it had come.  Cannons thudded into their positions.

Just now, ProfetessaOscura said:

Well, that might have cleared things up, if he wasn't currently in the water after jumping off the railing.  He could hear the shouts and enraged buzzing as the ship loomed, arcing a vast turn in the crashing waves, cutting back the way it had come.  Cannons thudded into their positions.

Lloyd climbed to the deck again “Why are you targeting a person who hasn’t done anything to you?”

15 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Millie stepped out of the closet where she had stored the sailor's comatose body mere seconds before the captain turned the corner into the hall where she stood. She had only had time to take the jacket and hat from the sailor, but it would have to do. Fortunately, she had been able to snag the sailor that looked the most like her. She hoped the captain wouldn't know his crew too well. She approached the captain quickly, as if concerned.

"Sir, I recognize that skiff and the riders. They're Talon. Important Talon. If you attack them, the rest of the Talon will want to attack you.

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Hemalurgic Pinto said:

Lloyd climbed to the deck again “Why are you targeting a person who hasn’t done anything to you?”

1 minute ago, DramaQueen said:

Millie stepped out of the closet where she had stored the sailor's comatose body mere seconds before the captain turned the corner into the hall where she stood. She had only had time to take the jacket and hat from the sailor, but it would have to do. Fortunately, she had been able to snag the sailor that looked the most like her. She hoped the captain wouldn't know his crew too well. She approached the captain quickly, as if concerned.

"Sir, I recognize that skiff and the riders. They're Talon. Important Talon. If you attack them, the rest of the Talon will want to attack you.

Djinn lurched forward, as if to attack Lloyd.  He screamed in rage.  "You hurt my sister!" he shouted, "You and your crew should suffer drowning forever!"

The captain raised a hand, cutting his son's assault off.  "Take your sister below.  This will be over shortly."  He dropped his coat the the deck, sauntering forward, toward the intruder.  "You have some gall, boy," he said, voice deep, outraged, and he twisted a wrist in the air.  The woman interrupted him before he could truly attack the man.  "That skiff," he growled, "Attacked us and hurt my girl.  You will stand down."  He pushed past Millie.  "If we leave the people on that boat alive, they'll not miss some fool who got himself killed attacking the armada."

2 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Djinn lurched forward, as if to attack Lloyd.  He screamed in rage.  "You hurt my sister!" he shouted, "You and your crew should suffer drowning forever!"

The captain raised a hand, cutting his son's assault off.  "Take your sister below.  This will be over shortly."  He dropped his coat the the deck, sauntering forward, toward the intruder.  "You have some gall, boy," he said, voice deep, outraged, and he twisted a wrist in the air.  The woman interrupted him before he could truly attack the man.  "That skiff," he growled, "Attacked us and hurt my girl.  You will stand down."  He pushed past Millie.  "If we leave the people on that boat alive, they'll not miss some fool who got himself killed attacking the armada."

“She dropped a anchor on me, all I did was defend myself. You attacked me when I’ll I had done was climb the side of your ship.”

3 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

"Sir, you're letting your emotions control you. That is never a good idea in any situation, let alone when dealing with the Talon."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Hemalurgic Pinto said:

“She dropped a anchor on me, all I did was defend myself. You attacked me when I’ll I had done was climb the side of your ship.”

2 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

"Sir, you're letting your emotions control you. That is never a good idea in any situation, let alone when dealing with the Talon."

"Sir," Djinn said, clearly upset, "He punched multiple holes into our ship, damaged the hull below the waterline, and had no regard for our ship.  He healed everything, jumped from his ship to ours with no call ahead, and mutilated my-"

"I know what he did, son."  The captain turned his level glare to Lloyd. "Ma'am," he said to Millie, "You are speaking to someone at least four ranks higher than you, judging by your jacket.  I appreciate your input.  It isn't needed, not in this case.  Believe me, if he dies, it won't be an action I take out of impassioned rage."  He wrinkled his nose distastefully.  "You will heal the harm you did to my crew, boy, or you will spend your time on my ship in parts among multiple crates."

1 minute ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

"Sir," Djinn said, clearly upset, "He punched multiple holes into our ship, damaged the hull below the waterline, and had no regard for our ship.  He healed everything, jumped from his ship to ours with no call ahead, and mutilated my-"

"I know what he did, son."  The captain turned his level glare to Lloyd. "Ma'am," he said to Millie, "You are speaking to someone at least four ranks higher than you, judging by your jacket.  I appreciate your input.  It isn't needed, not in this case.  Believe me, if he dies, it won't be an action I take out of impassioned rage."  He wrinkled his nose distastefully.  "You will heal the harm you did to my crew, boy, or you will spend your time on my ship in parts among multiple crates."

“Do I lack justification for jumping onto a pirate vessel?” 

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Hemalurgic Pinto said:

“Do I lack justification for jumping onto a pirate vessel?” 

"BOI." His voice was a voice of powerful authority, a clash of thunder, "You've assaulted the ship and crew of the Imperial((or some such, whatever actually makes sense for this, sorry, I'm new)) navy, under the captain Tiberius Kirk.  You've just committed serious crimes on the high sea.  I don't care who you are.  Your negligence has caused reckless harm."

"BOI." His voice was a voice of powerful authority, a clash of thunder, "You've assaulted the ship and crew of the Imperial((or some such, whatever actually makes sense for this, sorry, I'm new)) navy, under the captain Tiberius Kirk.  You've just committed serious crimes on the high sea.  I don't care who you are.  Your negligence has caused reckless harm."

“So you stole I pirates vessel then gave no signs of the change in allegiance? Very smart.” 

"And you decided to attack a child who, if the many indications are correct, kept calling you a pirate, throwing you overboard, and attempting to spare your life."  He took a step closer to Lloyd.  The man was a giant, standing at nearly seven feet tall, bulk and muscle.  "Tell me, what indication did you have that told you that this ship was definitely illegal, housed evil, and necessitated immediate destruction?"

3 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

"And you decided to attack a child who, if the many indications are correct, kept calling you a pirate, throwing you overboard, and attempting to spare your life."  He took a step closer to Lloyd.  The man was a giant, standing at nearly seven feet tall, bulk and muscle.  "Tell me, what indication did you have that told you that this ship was definitely illegal, housed evil, and necessitated immediate destruction?"

“Maybe if you hadn’t been shooting at me and throwing me half a mile I would’ve been less inclined to fight. Any human would’ve been killed by any one of those attacks, and no matter how many holes I made in your ship you had no right to use lethal force.”

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Maddy nodded, and followed Colonel out of the room. 

More of a matter of timing than anything

"We have to most fast, I feel that this 'Quinn' is likely to do something very stupid without us there to back her up."

The colonel picked up his pace as he made his way out of Lord Douger's manor. He pulled out a handheld communication device that he tried to raise Quinn on to no avail. He let out a brief curse before clearing his throat, noting Maddy's presence. "This might be bad."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Hemalurgic Pinto said:

“Maybe if you hadn’t been shooting at me and throwing me half a mile I would’ve been less inclined to fight. Any human would’ve been killed by any one of those attacks, and no matter how many holes I made in your ship you had no right to use lethal force.”

Djinn snorted. "You damage and board a military vessel, then claim that attacking back is unfair," he snarled.

"Djinn, control yourself," Tiberius snapped.  The young man clammed up.  Unhappily, but he did so.   "Can you fix what you've done?"

2 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Djinn snorted. "You damage and board a military vessel, then claim that attacking back is unfair," he snarled.

"Djinn, control yourself," Tiberius snapped.  The young man clammed up.  Unhappily, but he did so.   "Can you fix what you've done?"

“Fix what?”

The captain looked as though he might ignore Millie’s advice about not killing this man out of irritation. He recomposed himself. “You did something to members of my crew. Something to my daughter.”

“And?”