Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

1 minute ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

“You will fix it.”  The captain twisted his wrist in the air, as he had been interrupted once already. Suddenly, the air around Lloyd felt as if it had turned to cement, as though he were petrified, his body confined in a single shackle.

Lloyd glared at the captain, ignoring the affect of his aspect. “How do I do that?”

“I’d expect you to have figured for such a thing before attacking a child,” he growled. “He’s restrained.  Take him below deck. Once we dock, I will be seeing him tried for his actions here tonight.”  He turned, barreling dismissively through the crowd, clearly upset. He pause before the door to his quarters.  “You might have walked away a free man, had you only stoppered up you arrogance.”

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Hemalurgic Pinto said:

Lloyd glared at the captain, ignoring the affect of his aspect. “How do I do that?”

“I’d expect you to have figured for such a thing before attacking a child,” he growled. “He’s restrained.  Take him below deck. Once we dock, I will be seeing him tried for his actions here tonight.”  He turned, barreling dismissively through the crowd, clearly upset. He pause before the door to his quarters.  “You might have walked away a free man, had you only stoppered up you arrogance.”

“That child was being weaponized, what did you expect to happen when you put her on the front lines?” Lloyd prepared to escape, he could bid his time until they were docked because he had quite a sway with the military but it would cost him time. Almost time to go.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Hemalurgic Pinto said:

“That child was being weaponized, what did you expect to happen when you put her on the front lines?” Lloyd prepared to escape, he could bid his time until they were docked because he had quite a sway with the military but it would cost him time. Almost time to go.

Djin couldn’t hold himself back much longer. “She goes onto the deck at night because she has nightmares, you psychotic-“ he blubbered, “what justification will you use next?  That because she wanted to help protect everyone on board, she deserves whatever the Hell you did-?!  Should we cram her belowdecks at every point of day and night, so you can better slaughter us to your convenience?!” 

Djinn looked like he was about to hit Lloyd, but he restrained himself. “I hope you hang.  Bastard.”

4 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Djin couldn’t hold himself back much longer. “She goes onto the deck at night because she has nightmares, you psychotic-“ he blubbered, “what justification will you use next?  That because she wanted to help protect everyone on board, she deserves whatever the Hell you did-?!  Should we cram her belowdecks at every point of day and night, so you can better slaughter us to your convenience?!” 

Djinn looked like he was about to hit Lloyd, but he restrained himself. “I hope you hang.  Bastard.”

“I have a very limited time frame for my plans so I would love it if you let get in with saving humanity from itself. Unfortunately you’re too much of a coward to do anything other then talk about how your baby sister who enjoys dropping anchors on people doesn’t deserve to be disarmed when trying to kill someone. If you want me to hang then why don’t you do it? I’d love to see the look on your face as I escape because you were once again, an idiot.”

I sincerely apologize for Lloyd’s behaviour, he really does have good intentions.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Hemalurgic Pinto said:

“I have a very limited time frame for my plans so I would love it if you let get in with saving humanity from itself. Unfortunately you’re too much of a coward to do anything other then talk about how your baby sister who enjoys dropping anchors on people doesn’t deserve to be disarmed when trying to kill someone. If you want me to hang then why don’t you do it? I’d love to see the look on your face as I escape because you were once again, an idiot.”

“Tell me,” Djinn said slowly, “Exactly what you did to her.”  His fists balled up at his sides. “And you attacked her after she left the battle, after she tried to talk to you.  You hunted her down, and you hurt her.” 

Djinn felt rotten on the inside. He’d been there. He’d sent her back, but Lloyd had just run right by him, at the girl. He’d been useless. He’d failed to protect his kid sister, and now he had to listen to these ridiculous assertions that his sister had every attack coming, just because she tried to keep someone from boarding their vessel. He honestly wanted to attack Lloyd, but he knew it would be futile, and he didn’t want to disrupt his father’s containment. The last thing he wanted was thos snake escaping. “You hurt her, and you won’t help her. I wish I knew how to kill you, because orders or not, I would, in a heartbeat.”

“Tell me,” Djinn said slowly, “Exactly what you did to her.”  His fists balled up at his sides. “And you attacked her after she left the battle, after she tried to talk to you.  You hunted her down, and you hurt her.” 

Djinn felt rotten on the inside. He’d been there. He’d sent her back, but Lloyd had just run right by him, at the girl. He’d been useless. He’d failed to protect his kid sister, and now he had to listen to these ridiculous assertions that his sister had every attack coming, just because she tried to keep someone from boarding their vessel. He honestly wanted to attack Lloyd, but he knew it would be futile, and he didn’t want to disrupt his father’s containment. The last thing he wanted was thos snake escaping. “You hurt her, and you won’t help her. I wish I knew how to kill you, because orders or not, I would, in a heartbeat.”

Lloyd smiled. “That’s the attitude I was looking for.” Lloyd ripped the two soldiers souls who were holding him, they were aspectless so it had no real affect accept for shocking them physically. “I didn’t have to move to do that, imagine how easily I could beat you in a fair fight. Yet you military bunch are cowards and your favourite tactic is throwing overwhelming numbers at someone who you couldn’t defeat. Why do you only think about your sister? Why don’t you think about the men I threw off the ship? Are they just tools for you? A plentiful commodity you can just throw away? Why did you hold back after I had attacked your soldiers and only used your true abilities once I had hurt someone near to you. If you don’t recall I was peaceful when I had gotten onto the ship. I had allowed your sister to ask me questions about my aspect and I answered honestly, telling her everything I know. I only truly began to attack after she threw me off the ship without any remorse. And if you want to know how to kill me... why don’t you get your sister to speak with my last killer. They’re about the same age and should enjoy talking about violent actions together.”

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Hemalurgic Pinto said:

Lloyd smiled. “That’s the attitude I was looking for.” Lloyd ripped the two soldiers souls who were holding him, they were aspectless so it had no real affect accept for shocking them physically. “I didn’t have to move to do that, imagine how easily I could beat you in a fair fight. Yet you military bunch are cowards and your favourite tactic is throwing overwhelming numbers at someone who you couldn’t defeat. Why do you only think about your sister? Why don’t you think about the men I threw off the ship? Are they just tools for you? A plentiful commodity you can just throw away? Why did you hold back after I had attacked your soldiers and only used your true abilities once I had hurt someone near to you. If you don’t recall I was peaceful when I had gotten onto the ship. I had allowed your sister to ask me questions about my aspect and I answered honestly, telling her everything I know. I only truly began to attack after she threw me off the ship without any remorse. And if you want to know how to kill me... why don’t you get your sister to speak with my last killer. They’re about the same age and should enjoy talking about violent actions together.”

He didn’t throw anyone overboard, though?  He knocked two people on their butts when he first climbed the ship, though.  Also, no worries; characters are different from the people who portray them.  How would you like this encounter to go from this point on?  These are only NPCs, after all, but I enjoy morally complex situations  

He was actually standing quite on his lonesome, the air around him his true prison, like solid concrete. The man who approached to take him below, though, staggered. Tears stung at his eyes. 

Djinn grimaced. “She threw you off the boat so you’d go back to your own ship, obviously.  Perhaps I didn’t want to kill you, until you proved you’d hunt and hurt children to get what you want.  And you pretend as though tearing the side of our ship up isn’t a violent, instigating act in itself!”  Djinn wanted to slap him, wanted to hurt him. He stepped away with some effort, frustrated. He hated giving up.  He wanted to fight and argue, claw for hours, anything to restore his little sister. 

This man, though... he was hardly human.  There would be no reasoning with him. Djinn’s only hope was that he’d be taken to court, and that his father would let him watch whatever punishment was decided. 

The girl peeked her head out from one of the doors, her eyess half-closed, lazy. She gave him very rude gesture, with both her hands, then vanished back inside the hold. 

12 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

He was actually standing quite on his lonesome, the air around him his true prison, like solid concrete. The man who approached to take him below, though, staggered. Tears stung at his eyes. 

Djinn grimaced. “She threw you off the boat so you’d go back to your own ship, obviously.  Perhaps I didn’t want to kill you, until you proved you’d hunt and hurt children to get what you want.  And you pretend as though tearing the side of our ship up isn’t a violent, instigating act in itself!”  Djinn wanted to slap him, wanted to hurt him. He stepped away with some effort, frustrated. He hated giving up.  He wanted to fight and argue, claw for hours, anything to restore his little sister. 

This man, though... he was hardly human.  There would be no reasoning with him. Djinn’s only hope was that he’d be taken to court, and that his father would let him watch whatever punishment was decided. 

The girl peeked her head out from one of the doors, her eyess half-closed, lazy. She gave him very rude gesture, with both her hands, then vanished back inside the hold. 

I’ve found this very fun and good for character development. Lloyd was very naive and this should help him in the future.

The way the looked at him, like he was a monster was what comforted him the most in the scenario. That girl would’ve become a violent adult and she would have abused her rank like these men had. Not to self, just because someone is using a pirate ship, doesn’t mean they are pirates. Lloyd felt terrible about ripping away that part of the child’s soul and yet he would most likely have died if he hadn’t. This is my fault and this girl’s life will be changed forever because of my actions. 

Can the concrete air be broken?

19 minutes ago, Ookla the Hemalurgic Pinto said:

The way the looked at him, like he was a monster was what comforted him the most in the scenario. That girl would’ve become a violent adult and she would have abused her rank like these men had. Not to self, just because someone is using a pirate ship, doesn’t mean they are pirates. Lloyd felt terrible about ripping away that part of the child’s soul and yet he would most likely have died if he hadn’t. This is my fault and this girl’s life will be changed forever because of my actions. 

I’m going to say that the admiral has a fair amount of power, and that Lloyd might need some external help on this one.  Millie is there, and his own ship with his other friend should have a chance to catch up and rejoin. 

Gonna send you a dm

Of course, not a single one of the men saw things his way. He’d attacked their ship, and the girl had only been helping with her ability, trying to be a hero like her older brother, like her father. And Lloyd had, on a whim, disfigured and shredded her soul, along with the souls of multiple unfortunate soldiers, even after knowing that they weren’t pirates. 

The only thing that might make a child violent was the resentment of being hunted, crushed, and made powerless, all as a child. On top of that, her cheery, enthusiastic soul -the child who had tried to keep the rest of the crew from attacking him- had been mutilated. 

If he met this girl again, she would doubtless call for his death. 

Shidala was looking at all of this with folded arms. She could come and kill them, but pirates knew her. They knew her weaknesses and strengths. That’s why she decided that o stay on the boat. She saw that Lloyd was just standing there and talking to the captain. Shidala turned eyes away. Well, Lloyd didn’t want revenge. Of course he didn’t. She went under the deck to calm down. 

Suddenly she spotted something dark moving through the walls. That was the same shadow as in her dreams. “Who are you?” She said interested. Shadow looked at her and didn’t say anything. Both of them stared at each other like they would be old friends who accidentally spotted themselves on the street. Then shadow disappeared and Shidala was alone in the room again. 
@Ookla the Hemalurgic Pinto

Cruz landed on the soft, carpeted floor, and did a quick scan of the room.

No one. The room was devoid of activity. He had expected at least someone, cleaning the room, or doing something or another. Lena mustn't have been as… sane as she once was. Casting his eyes across the room, Cruz could only confirm that suspicion. Random objects seemed strewn across the room, the curtains were torn and ragged. A small stack of papers on the nightstand looked like... research, but with many pages ripping apart.

What had his master become? No, Cruz thought. She’s not my master anymore. She never had control over me.

But he needed to hide. Cruz looked at his dress, and sighed. He was still wearing his black, loose martial arts garb over his strategically placed steel plates. Nice for combat, but not so good for stealth.

Just then, he heard voices in the hallway outside. Cruz moved to the space behind the door, and waited, breathing steadily and silently, listening.

“…very much so, my Lady,” a man was saying. “It seems as if there hasn’t been any forthcoming research in the area.”

“Why is this?” asked a second voice; Lena. The voices were right outside the doorway.

“The reasons… are hard to determine. But foul play may have been involved.”

Lena was silent, and Cruz raised his pistol, waiting for the right moment to strike.

The door opened slowly.

Lena stepped out into the room, with a man following behind, and for a split-second Cruz gets a look at her. Blonde, curly hair, with a hint of silver showing.

Her back was turned to him, and he didn’t think twice before he stepped out from behind the door, gun pointed at her head, and fired.

She fell to the ground, and Cruz pressed the gun against here head, and shot at her again, then again, and again. He had to be sure.

But… why did it feel like something was wrong?

Lena lay still, unmoving, but Cruz didn’t holster his gun. He was in full view, now, standing in the doorway to the hall. He glanced out, but only saw the man she had been with, standing frozen with fear. He had to admit, he was a little surprised it had been that easy. He had expected to get caught and have to call in Trace for backup.

“That was for my friends,” Cruz said, looking back down at the corpse. He pulled out the flashing device he would use to signal Trace.

“Wait!” cried the man, and Cruz looked him over.

“What?” asked Cruz.

“Who—who are you?” he stuttered.

Cruz thought. “An old apprentice.”

The man smiled. “Cruz?”

Well, that certainly caught him off guard. He wasn’t aware anyone had known his real name associated with Lena. “How do you know my name?”

“Oh, dear Cruz, it’s been a while since we’ve fought.” The man said, reaching for… his hair.

“No…” Cruz whispered, then looked back to the corpse on the floor and turned her over.

A decoy.

The servant, the real Lena, withdrew a pair of knives from the floor, revealing flowing brown hair—dyed, of course. And looking at her again, Cruz realized his mistake. Lena had always been a master of hiding in plain sight, how had he missed her?

“I’ve been expecting—”

Cruz shot her in the face, but she dodged and then moved in close and fast, to avoid another attack. Cruz lunged with his knife in his other hand as she did, but it deflected off her stomach, ripping her garb open. A shimmer of silver underneath caught his eye.

Lena wrenched his arms outward and knocked the gun out of his hand, and it fell to the floor. Cruz kicked it across the floor, out of her reach, and shoved Lena backwards.

She landed in a stance, arms up in a defensive position, smiling.

“Now, now, Cruz,” she chastised, “Last I checked, the Art of Sugando never included guns.”

Cruz growled. He slowly activated the switch on the flashing light device and shut his eyes, before the room was instantly engulfed in a blinding white light.

@Channelknight Fadran

There's your cue, Trace.

Edited by Knight of Iron

6 hours ago, EmiTheNinja said:

Shidala was looking at all of this with folded arms. She could come and kill them, but pirates knew her. They knew her weaknesses and strengths. That’s why she decided that o stay on the boat. She saw that Lloyd was just standing there and talking to the captain. Shidala turned eyes away. Well, Lloyd didn’t want revenge. Of course he didn’t. She went under the deck to calm down. 

Suddenly she spotted something dark moving through the walls. That was the same shadow as in her dreams. “Who are you?” She said interested. Shadow looked at her and didn’t say anything. Both of them stared at each other like they would be old friends who accidentally spotted themselves on the street. Then shadow disappeared and Shidala was alone in the room again. 
@Ookla the Hemalurgic Pinto

I like the misunderstanding here!  Shidala seems really cool, like she's not going to let people make decisions for her or compromise on her beliefs or decisions.  What's your character like? 

9 hours ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Of course, not a single one of the men saw things his way. He’d attacked their ship, and the girl had only been helping with her ability, trying to be a hero like her older brother, like her father. And Lloyd had, on a whim, disfigured and shredded her soul, along with the souls of multiple unfortunate soldiers, even after knowing that they weren’t pirates. 

The only thing that might make a child violent was the resentment of being hunted, crushed, and made powerless, all as a child. On top of that, her cheery, enthusiastic soul -the child who had tried to keep the rest of the crew from attacking him- had been mutilated. 

If he met this girl again, she would doubtless call for his death. 

Lloyd was tired of having his head stuck in this thing, but what could he do? He could heal but there was nothing to heal from. What was he supposed to do? “Anyone wanna give me some help?”

One day, five new pages? Siren's Call, please never change :D

16 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

Cruz spent a solid ten minutes casing the area. The mansion was different than the others; it was a refurbished, centuries-old fortress, towering above the massive grounds of what was called Ortisa Keep. The grounds were obviously the attention of the property--with the exotic trees, fields of flowers, and strategically positioned streams running through it to give off the illusion of a paradise--but the dark, stone fortress towering above the grounds was a masterpiece of its own.

From his vantage point, Cruz quickly got the impression that Lena was in the dining quarters, accompanied by a number of servants. Only two guards in the room. Not much for security, apparently, but that was likely because she thought herself quite capable of dealing with intruders on her own.

But what Lena didn't know was that the man who had almost bested her in battle all those years ago was watching her through her window, concealed. And with much more experience.

Cruz spotted a window on the second floor. Her chambers. He remembered being here before, on these very grounds, wrestling with his master. The one who had taken him in, after his father had left. The one who had taught him to kill. The one he would finally bring vengeance upon after the gruesome murder of his friends, the only ones who had gotten him through.

He closed his eyes before his thoughts turned to them. Better not to think about that now.

He stepped onto the ledge, shoved open the window, and jumped inside.

3 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

Cruz landed on the soft, carpeted floor, and did a quick scan of the room.

No one. The room was devoid of activity. He had expected at least someone, cleaning the room, or doing something or another. Lena mustn't have been as… sane as she once was. Casting his eyes across the room, Cruz could only confirm that suspicion. Random objects seemed strewn across the room, the curtains were torn and ragged. A small stack of papers on the nightstand looked like... research, but with many pages ripping apart.

What had his master become? No, Cruz thought. She’s not my master anymore. She never had control over me.

But he needed to hide. Cruz looked at his dress, and sighed. He was still wearing his black, loose martial arts garb over his strategically placed steel plates. Nice for combat, but not so good for stealth.

Just then, he heard voices in the hallway outside. Cruz moved to the space behind the door, and waited, breathing steadily and silently, listening.

“…very much so, my Lady,” a man was saying. “It seems as if there hasn’t been any forthcoming research in the area.”

“Why is this?” asked a second voice; Lena. The voices were right outside the doorway.

“The reasons… are hard to determine. But foul play may have been involved.”

Lena was silent, and Cruz raised his pistol, waiting for the right moment to strike.

The door opened slowly.

Lena stepped out into the room, with a man following behind, and for a split-second Cruz gets a look at her. Blonde, curly hair, with a hint of silver showing.

Her back was turned to him, and he didn’t think twice before he stepped out from behind the door, gun pointed at her head, and fired.

She fell to the ground, and Cruz pressed the gun against here head, and shot at her again, then again, and again. He had to be sure.

But… why did it feel like something was wrong?

Lena lay still, unmoving, but Cruz didn’t holster his gun. He was in full view, now, standing in the doorway to the hall. He glanced out, but only saw the man she had been with, standing frozen with fear. He had to admit, he was a little surprised it had been that easy. He had expected to get caught and have to call in Trace for backup.

“That was for my friends,” Cruz said, looking back down at the corpse. He pulled out the flashing device he would use to signal Trace.

“Wait!” cried the man, and Cruz looked him over.

“What?” asked Cruz.

“Who—who are you?” he stuttered.

Cruz thought. “An old apprentice.”

The man smiled. “Cruz?”

Well, that certainly caught him off guard. He wasn’t aware anyone had known his real name associated with Lena. “How do you know my name?”

“Oh, dear Cruz, it’s been a while since we’ve fought.” The man said, reaching for… his hair.

“No…” Cruz whispered, then looked back to the corpse on the floor and turned her over.

A decoy.

The servant, the real Lena, withdrew a pair of knives from the floor, revealing flowing brown hair—dyed, of course. And looking at her again, Cruz realized his mistake. Lena had always been a master of hiding in plain sight, how had he missed her?

“I’ve been expecting—”

Cruz shot her in the face, but she dodged and then moved in close and fast, to avoid another attack. Cruz lunged with his knife in his other hand as she did, but it deflected off her stomach, ripping her garb open. A shimmer of silver underneath caught his eye.

Lena wrenched his arms outward and knocked the gun out of his hand, and it fell to the floor. Cruz kicked it across the floor, out of her reach, and shoved Lena backwards.

She landed in a stance, arms up in a defensive position, smiling.

“Now, now, Cruz,” she chastised, “Last I checked, the Art of Sugando never included guns.”

Cruz growled. He slowly activated the switch on the flashing light device and shut his eyes, before the room was instantly engulfed in a blinding white light.

@Channelknight Fadran

Trace jumped out of her tree, dashing towards the mansion at top speeds. She activated her suit, grunting as the needles broke into her skin. Hopefully this wouldn't be as quick and easy as the last two missions.

25 minutes ago, Ookla the Hemalurgic Pinto said:

Lloyd was tired of having his head stuck in this thing, but what could he do? He could heal but there was nothing to heal from. What was he supposed to do? “Anyone wanna give me some help?”

The crew looked at him as if he was insane.  They didn't know that @DramaQueen Millie was ready and available to assist Lloyd.  In fact, the excitement of the last few hours meant many of them didn't realize that a member of the crew was missing, not yet.  It was a big boat.  However, the man's body, unconscious or dead, would be found eventually.  

The old grizzled sailor stood right in front of Lloyd.  "That child's the dearest thing in ma life," he grumbled, "You've got to heal her.  You told her, before she threw you overboard, that you could heal anything."  Notably, this was the man with one ear, the man that the child had claimed was hard-of-hearing to her prattling.  He looked angry, but beneath the facade, there was some form of pleading... begging.

Just now, ProfetessaOscura said:

The crew looked at him as if he was insane.  They didn't know that @DramaQueen Millie was ready and available to assist Lloyd.  In fact, the excitement of the last few hours meant many of them didn't realize that a member of the crew was missing, not yet.  It was a big boat.  However, the man's body, unconscious or dead, would be found eventually.  

The old grizzled sailor stood right in front of Lloyd.  "That child's the dearest thing in ma life," he grumbled, "You've got to heal her.  You told her, before she threw you overboard, that you could heal anything."  Notably, this was the man with one ear, the man that the child had claimed was hard-of-hearing to her prattling.  He looked angry, but beneath the facade, there was some form of pleading... begging.

Hello, fren, and welcome to the greatest RP on earth!

19 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Trace jumped out of her tree, dashing towards the mansion at top speeds. She activated her suit, grunting as the needles broke into her skin. Hopefully this wouldn't be as quick and easy as the last two missions.

Cruz shut his eyes tightly but his vision still went red from the sudden immense light. After a moment, it went away, and Cruz opened his eyes.

Unfortunately, the light hadn't blinded Lena. She still stood, in her stance.

"Weak," she said calmly, "You don't have another gun on you, by chance? I'd like to take this down the old way."

"I'm an assassin!" Cruz yelled, "not a martial artist!"

He glanced out the window. Trace should be coming any second...

"Looking for your friend?"

Cruz turned.

"Oh, I've got quite the surprise waiting for her... she will not be able to get to you in time."

Just now, ProfetessaOscura said:

Can't wait! You already make my writing skills look trash, though I'm relatively new.