Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Hemalurgic Pinto said:

“My head is stuck in something.”

It did not look like he was stuck in something, since the air around him had become solid, but it was as if he were rooted to that specific spot on the deck, his limbs able to move, but his head pinned there.

Thorn slashed the sword down at Shidala's arm.

Edited by ProfetessaOscura

Millie made her way back to the closet where she had left the unconscious sailor. She returned the jacket and hat to the woman, letting her own long blond braid flow down her back. Then, she went straight to where everything was happening. She always had a way of knowing where that was.

They flew into a flurry of punches, kicks, and dodges, with Lena managing to pull of a back spinning hook kick on Cruz's head.

Cruz snapped himself into an offensive mindset, and grinned, baring his fangs. He held out his hands as if he were grabbing a ball, and lunged at Lena. He raked his fingers across her swinging arm and reached out, grabbing Lena's throat and bringing her down to the ground, pushing to crush her windpipe, but she knocked his hand off and rolled away, getting onto her knees, defensive. 

"Stars of Eldea, Cruz," she panted, "I've forgotten how good you were at Sugando."

"Fight me, then!" he cried, "Prove yourself!"

"I... I'm afraid I can't let you kill me, Cruz. The martial arts... it was fun. But like you said, we're assassins. We have other skills."

And with that, her hands burst into flames, casting a fiery glow to the room. Her Aspect, the one advantage she had over Cruz.

5 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

It did not look like he was stuck in something, since the air around him had become solid, but it was as if he were rooted to that specific spot on the deck, his limbs able to move, but his head pinned there.

Thorn slashed the sword down at Shidala's arm.

Lloyd stuck his hand out slowing the blow at the cost of his fingers.

1 minute ago, DramaQueen said:

That could work.  Essentially, the captain froze the air around Lloyd, so he could breathe, but that he was held in place.  By making those specific molecules incorporeal(since air is matter), he should be able to escape while the air is affected.

These peeps are rude to this poor crew, though!  :o

19 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

That could work.  Essentially, the captain froze the air around Lloyd, so he could breathe, but that he was held in place.  By making those specific molecules incorporeal(since air is matter), he should be able to escape while the air is affected.

These peeps are rude to this poor crew, though!  :o

They are, but they're also trying to protect themselves.

Millie approached the group, wary of the violent mood surrounding them. She pressed her hand against the solid air around Lloyd's head, then hesitated. "Why don't we have a nice, civil chat to try to resolve this? We can discuss why each of you attacked the other as well as what you each want in order for there to be a peaceful departure between us! Doesn't that sound pleasant?" She smiled, then realized that no one here knew who she was or which side she was on. "I'm Millie Gording. I was sent to protect these guys," she pointed a thumb towards Lloyd, "but I'm starting to think this whole conflict was a big understanding." She looked at Thorn, then said, "After all, you guys don't seem like terrible people, and I know these guys aren't either. So, whaddaya guys say to my genius discussion idea?"

Edited by DramaQueen

1 minute ago, DramaQueen said:

Millie approached the group, wary of the violent mood surrounding them. She pressed her hand against the solid air around Lloyd's head, then hesitated. "Why don't we have a nice, civil chat to try to resolve this? We can discuss why each of you attacked the other as well as what you each want in order for there to be a peaceful departure between us! Doesn't that sound pleasant?" She smiled, then realized that no one here knew who she was or which side she was on. "I'm Millie Gording. I was sent to protect these guys," she pointed a thumb towards Lloyd, "but I'm starting to think this whole conflict was a big understanding." She looked at the captain, then said, "After all, you don't seem like a terrible person, and I know these guys aren't either. So, whaddaya guys say to my genius discussion idea?"

Thorn was not the captain.  "You mutilate the girl, you murder her brother, you damage the ship, and now you want to say it's a misunderstanding?" Thorn said, swinging his sword wildly in a arc.  He wasn't particularly aiming for anyone, more keeping them away from the cabins, hold, and Captain's Quarters.  The captain would be along shortly, guaranteed.  Of the group, Lloyd knew best that they should fear what would happen when Captain Tiberius saw his son's headless corpse, after learning that the boy had been killed in front of his child sister.

Talking would no longer be much of an option.  They should run.

26 minutes ago, Ookla the Hemalurgic Pinto said:

Lloyd stuck his hand out slowing the blow at the cost of his fingers.

Shidala took Lloyds hand and pulled him out the ship, making illusion of the same scenario, but going in the opposite side or the boat. They jumped to the water with a big splash. Shidala tried to swim with Lloyd on her back, but he was too heavy. 

11 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Thorn was not the captain.  "You mutilate the girl, you murder her brother, you damage the ship, and now you want to say it's a misunderstanding?" Thorn said, swinging his sword wildly in a arc.  He wasn't particularly aiming for anyone, more keeping them away from the cabins, hold, and Captain's Quarters.  The captain would be along shortly, guaranteed.  Of the group, Lloyd knew best that they should fear what would happen when Captain Tiberius saw his son's headless corpse, after learning that the boy had been killed in front of his child sister.

Talking would no longer be much of an option.  They should run.

"Well, didn't do any of that, but...yeah, that stuff can definitely be caused by a misunderstanding. You were shooting at them, after all, then kept attacking and provoking them."

The assassins charged her, each one brandishing their weapons: a spear, a bow, and a sword.

The first ducked to the side as he approached, jabbing at her with his spear. She spun out of the way, sending a burst of force to knock him backwards. The bowman took to a wide curve around her, firing a shot at her. In that moment, she found herself fending off the swordsman with her dagger, catching his blade on the dagger's crossguard.

The arrow hit the ground, but exploded behind her. She was hurled forwards, but caught herself with a burst of force that cushioned her fall. She rolled across the ground and came to her feet in one quick, fluid motion. She threw a dagger at the bowman, missing, but forcing him to dodge.

The spearman ran at her, spear sparking with electricity. Would freezing her muscles make her incapable of using her Aspect? Could electricity be a constant source of pain to draw power from? Now probably wasn't the best time to answer those questions, though. Trace dodged his spear again, stabbing at him with her dagger. He spun his spear around in an arc as she did so, stepping back and clocking her upside the head with the spear.

Trace gasped, falling backwards a few steps. It took her a second to realize that she needed to keep on her toes, so she only barely dodged another attack from the spearman. He ran at her, spear swinging in a wide circle. Trace ducked under one circle, then grabbed the spear to stop it on the second. Electricity arced up into her arm, contracting her fingers around the bar and making her scream.

"Get her now!" The spearman shouted, though she didn't know to who.

The pain only got worse, with punch after punch of electrical shocks making her scream louder. Her eyes contorted into a glare, and she released the power, centering the burst of force around herself.

The spearman and his weapon had been blown to pieces, but the other two assassins seemed fine. After a second they took to comprehend the damage, they resumed their attacks. She dodged another explosive arrow, running around the swordsman to get at the archer.

One down. Two to go.

6 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

"Well, didn't do any of that, but...yeah, that stuff can definitely be caused by a misunderstanding. You were shooting at them, after all, then kept attacking and provoking them."

Thorn knew she was wrong. He’d seen Lloyd attack their ship, damaging it as he attempted to board it. When he was thrown away like the garbage he was, he’d damaged the ship again, boarded again, and hurt the girl and other crewmembers badly. Now his friends had slaughtered the passionate young man and his closest friend.  And now they wanted to barter. 

Thorn slashed at Millie, seeing red. “Follow your companions!  Flee like the sliming refuse of eels that you are!”  

The captain appeared, running, frantic, the composed giant of a man barreling to the top deck. “My- my son!” He cried, and his sobs were agonized, as though he’d been mauled, torn in two. 

21 minutes ago, EmiTheNinja said:

Shidala took Lloyds hand and pulled him out the ship, making illusion of the same scenario, but going in the opposite side or the boat. They jumped to the water with a big splash. Shidala tried to swim with Lloyd on her back, but he was too heavy. 

“Wha... what are we doing?”

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Hemalurgic Pinto said:

“No I captured them and was going to sail the ship back to you.”

“And then kill me. What a great plan. I should have let you just die there.”

Edited by EmiTheNinja

Just now, Ookla the Hemalurgic Pinto said:

“I hurt some of them.” Lloyd whispered sadly.

“Good. At least you’ve done something. They deserve pain. Maybe they aren’t real pirates, but still, they aren’t good people. Also, we have to get on our boat before they start to chase us.”

5 minutes ago, EmiTheNinja said:

“Good. At least you’ve done something. They deserve pain. Maybe they aren’t real pirates, but still, they aren’t good people. Also, we have to get on our boat before they start to chase us.”

“Okay.” Lloyd started to swim with too, multiplying their speed by five.