Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

25 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

"I..." Cruz said, his gaze darting back and forth between Vespyr and Trace. "Are you Yevon? With her?"

If you will not help her survive, I will find another. Her time is short.”

The winds surged around Vespyr, agitated. 

Edited by ProfetessaOscura

52 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"Possibly."

"I'm still getting in reports and information. Whatever's going on, it's not good. I'm having new orders streaming in right now, but there's chaos throughout the Confederacy."

"What does it sound like and where do we go?"

41 minutes ago, Vapor said:

"Possibly?"

"Whoever it is, they look like Janice."

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

"What does it sound like and where do we go?"

"It sounds like death. I'm getting a lot of confirmed and unconfirmed casualties." Tulcam reviewed the reports on his device. "A lot of casualties. It's been declared a high priority by High Command, how quick is this 'Trace?' There's no way this could be all her." As Tulcam reviewed more and more reports, his facial expression changed from shock to concern. 

29 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

"I will help her," he said, "but I won't help you."

“Then heal her.” The voice was calm and steady. “This is the last time I’ll ask.”

Vespyr started to ascend. “You can stay here and die, if your morals outweigh the action.”  The creature spoke without the winds this time, the voice dry and scratchy, as though it wasn’t often used. 

26 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"It sounds like death. I'm getting a lot of confirmed and unconfirmed casualties." Tulcam reviewed the reports on his device. "A lot of casualties. It's been declared a high priority by High Command, how quick is this 'Trace?' There's no way this could be all her." As Tulcam reviewed more and more reports, his facial expression changed from shock to concern. 

"Trace seemed like she could go pretty fast. Where are we going?"

27 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"Trace seemed like she could go pretty fast. Where are we going?"

'Last report came a few islands from here, I'm guessing that's a good place to start. I'll try to raise Quinn on the Military net again." Tulcam got to work on his communicator.

Wasn't Quinn ran by Fish? I'm just checking to be sure that I remember properly.

1 hour ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"Murder? That's definitely Trace."

Just now, Vapor said:

"Murder? That's definitely Trace."

"We'll need to move as soon as I can get word to Quinn, she's still going after the Kane guy. Although I think that 'Trace' is more important right now. Are you fit for fighting?"

Fish, if Quinn is unable to be contacted, then just tell us.

@I Am A Fish

9 hours ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

“Then heal her.” The voice was calm and steady. “This is the last time I’ll ask.”

Vespyr started to ascend. “You can stay here and die, if your morals outweigh the action.”  The creature spoke without the winds this time, the voice dry and scratchy, as though it wasn’t often used. 

Cruz rushed to Trace's side, and gripped her hand, healing her wounds.

"Trace, I... I'm so sorry, Trace."

@Channelknight Fadran

2 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

@Channelknight Fadran

Her eyes fluttered open a few seconds into the healing, but when she tried to say something, all that came out was an agonized scream. She squeezed her eyes shut, clamping her fist over her mouth. The hand that Cruz held squeezed tight around his thumb. All her muscles went taught, and tears unspent leaked out the corners of her eyes.

2 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

@Channelknight Fadran

5 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Her eyes fluttered open a few seconds into the healing, but when she tried to say something, all that came out was an agonized scream. She squeezed her eyes shut, clamping her fist over her mouth. The hand that Cruz held squeezed tight around his thumb. All her muscles went taught, and tears unspent leaked out the corners of her eyes.

"You two humans care for each other," Vespyr's winds said impassively, but almost kindly.  "You shall accompany us if you wish," the creature told Crux, "You will likely be imprisoned or even slain at the end of this path.  I cannot guarantee your safety.  What is your choice?"  The creature extended a gloved hand at the same time the offer was extended.

45 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

It was his fault, he thought, he thought he could take out Lena, but he hadn't anticipated her preparations.

But... she's a Yevon, a monster, killing an innocent child.

And yet she was still there for him. Despite his easygoing and charismatic nature, and knowing all the regulars who came to his shop, he had still had no one.

38 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

"You two humans care for each other," Vespyr's winds said impassively, but almost kindly.  "You shall accompany us if you wish," the creature told Crux, "You will likely be imprisoned or even slain at the end of this path.  I cannot guarantee your safety.  What is your choice?"  The creature extended a gloved hand at the same time the offer was extended.

"I..." Cruz hesitated. He couldn't believe himself right now.

She was all he had left. He wasn't going to lose anyone else.

"I'll go," he said quietly, "And see her to safety."

19 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

It was his fault, he thought, he thought he could take out Lena, but he hadn't anticipated her preparations.

And yet she was still there for him. Despite his easygoing and charismatic nature, and knowing all the regulars who came to his shop, he had still had no one.

"I'll go," he said quietly, "And see her to safety."

The creature lowered its masked head, accepting his decision.  "Know that, should you die, I will mourn for you."  The voice was scratchy again, and the person -if it could even be called a person, clasped Cruz's hand with firm finality, holding his wrist respectfully.  Then, it lifted alone into the air.  He might have worried that he would be left behind, but he followed shortly after, carried into the air like a seed of dandelion fluff, about 50 feet behind.  Even if this creature respected him, it did not trust him.  

In the air, it looked like a misty cloud, gray pennants and tassles of its robes swirling and slashing in the air around it.  It moved instinctively, head first, clutching the injured girl tightly to its chest protectively, as if to keep her warm.

3 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

"I'll go," he said quietly, "And see her to safety.”

The cries of pain continued. Tears continued leaking, be it either by the pain or the sorrow at Cruz’s words.

17 hours ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"We'll need to move as soon as I can get word to Quinn, she's still going after the Kane guy. Although I think that 'Trace' is more important right now. Are you fit for fighting?"

@I Am A Fish

Quinn is taking a nap under the influence of heavy sedatives, so she's probably in no position to answer calls.

16 minutes ago, I Am A Fish said:

Just making sure.

24 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"Me? Maybe."

"Yes, if you're coming with us, I need to know if you can hold your own. I'm not getting anything from Quinn, but that could mean that she's in the middle of an op. I think the best we can do is leave a message for her, because we have to move now."

57 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"Yes, if you're coming with us, I need to know if you can hold your own. I'm not getting anything from Quinn, but that could mean that she's in the middle of an op. I think the best we can do is leave a message for her, because we have to move now."

"I can hold my own. Just let them try."

It's probably going to be a while before it makes sense for me to join in, but I figure I might as well post my character for evaluation in the meantime.

Spoiler

Name: Brother Sparrow

Species: Human

Aspect: Sensation

Weapon(s): None

Profession: Itinerant monk

Team: Unaffiliated, but has some connections to Amaria

Appearance: Tall, dark-skinned man with a shaved head and brown eyes. Dressed in plain gray robes. Looks to be about 40.