Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

12 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

There is nothing she could do to me,” Vespyr’s winds said. It could have been egoistic, blustering bluffs and ballooned pride. What little he could tell from Vespyr, that didn’t seem to be the case. The creature didn’t regard Lena or either of its captives with contempt.  It just... didn’t regard them at all. 

"Still," Cruz said, "We are wanted. And this experience isn't the most comfortable experience for me right now."

He waved his legs around to demonstrate, feeling oddly off-balanced doing so.

Edited by Knight of Iron

1 minute ago, Knight of Iron said:

"Still," Cruz said, "We are wanted. And this experience isn't the most comfortable experience for me right now."

He waved his legs around to demonstrate, feeling oddly off-balanced doing so.

Vespyr turned its head, staring at Cruz blankly with its no-eyed look.  “There is little that anyone could do to get in my way,” it explained, almost with a strained sense of patience, “If you regret accompanying us, I can always let you go.”  It didn’t sound like a very friendly offer. 

8 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr turned its head, staring at Cruz blankly with its no-eyed look.  “There is little that anyone could do to get in my way,” it explained, almost with a strained sense of patience, “If you regret accompanying us, I can always let you go.”  It didn’t sound like a very friendly offer. 

Cruz continued patiently waiting for the creature to take them away.

1 hour ago, The Ward's Guard said:

The colonel nodded towards Maddy, "prepare for the worst. I've seen this 'Trace' in a fight, and she's deadly."

“Alright.” She put a hand on her satchel. She’d need to think creative thoughts on this mission, but didn’t know if she could do that very well at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Knight of Iron said:

Cruz continued patiently waiting for the creature to take them away.

The winds billowed below them, and then they were slashing through the air on currents, like arrowshafts slicing through water. Usually, one might have been unable to see, eyes stinging from the velocity.  There was something strange, as if there was a bubble of stagnant air around their heads. It was... masterful. 

This was a delicate and intricate display of power in a gorgeous balance. If it wasn’t devastatingly terrifying to him, he might have taken a moment to be impressed. 

2 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Question: How long do Aspects like... hold the power? Cause Maddy has some power now with the creative energy, but I assume in ten or so minutes that won’t be the case?

It's a mixture of training and talent, and it also depends on the Aspect. Baseline (no practice) probably a few minutes, more practiced individuals could hold something for hours. Her Aspect will probably be naturally longer lasting, as opposed to Jay's or the other emotional based ones that would leave quickly.

18 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

"We need to get out of here," Cruz shouted over the winds, though he probably didn't have to. Up above, he could see Lena greatly reconsidering her choice not to interfere. 

"Cruz?" Trace asked, voice tinged with pain. "Cruz?"

14 hours ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

The winds billowed below them, and then they were slashing through the air on currents, like arrowshafts slicing through water. Usually, one might have been unable to see, eyes stinging from the velocity.  There was something strange, as if there was a bubble of stagnant air around their heads. It was... masterful. 

This was a delicate and intricate display of power in a gorgeous balance. If it wasn’t devastatingly terrifying to him, he might have taken a moment to be impressed. 

So, you see...

The problem remains that we need to be on the island for the climax.

Eh, we'll be fine.

@Negative_Null

Interrogation time!

Xenia had never enjoyed interrogating hostages.

It wasn't that she was bad at it, it just wasn't the same as working on a mech suits,

Mech suits are now cannon...

That is, if Negative Null, eldest of the gods, lord of time, space, and NPC's agrees.

or tinkering with the vortex wings she'd designed.

Walking up a small flight of stairs, she stepped into a dark, mostly empty room. The walls were entirely black, with a single lamp on the ceiling casting a dim light over the room. The only things of note in the room were two chairs, with a table between them. 

The one closest to the door was empty.

In the other sat a small, balding man, his hands cuffed to the armrests.

Sitting down in the empty chair, Xenia turned towards the man.

"Dr. Simon Pearce, do you know why you are here?"

Edited by I Am A Fish
I had US presidents on the mind, Okay?

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"You're not... I'm not..."

3 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

"Trace!" Cruz exclaimed. "Trace, I'm so sorry."

Vespyr did not interrupt the two.  In fact, it allowed Cruz to be blown up closer, to allow easier communication.  It would be difficult for them to hear each other, otherwise.  However, it looked as if their trip wouldn't be a particularly long one.  Despite having only been airbourne a few minutes, they'd traversed the entire city, a significantly fast pace.  Now, they sank down towards a rocky shore maybe half of a mile from the docks.  The barren slope was steep and would be difficult to climb, making escape particularly difficult.  For a moment, it looked as though the trio might slam face-first into the rock wall, but Vespyr touched down gently on a small outcropping about halfway down the cliffside.  At an angle, the entrance to a cave was cut.  It couldn't have been made naturally; it was almost like a doorway, perfectly human sized.  Vespyr stepped sideways through the door, still holding Trace, and Cruz approached the ledge seconds later, the winds flagging and catching on his clothes, then disappearing into whispers.  

Trace was propped up on a thin bedroll near the entrance when he entered.  If he squinted, he might have been able to make out Vespyr lifting the mask, its back to them, and upending a steel flask into its mouth.  The mask was quickly and carefully replaced.  This creature did not like turning its back on them.  Did it... somehow consider the pair threatening?

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

That's condescending, Condensation. (Okay, I love that I can type that.)

Grammar's a learned skill and a practiced talent.  It develops over time with intent and focus.  Overall, the post is good and lengthy, with details and plot progression.  Good job, my fishy fellow.

Just now, ProfetessaOscura said:

That's condescending, Condensation. (Okay, I love that I can type that.)

Grammar's a learned skill and a practiced talent.  It develops over time with intent and focus.  Overall, the post is good and lengthy, with details and plot progression.  Good job, my fishy fellow.

Okay, I think I have a joke for you.

Spoiler

What do you call a snobbish criminal going down the stairs?

Spoiler

A condescending con descending.