Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

37 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

"Children, children, do stop fighting." A voice says, and a figure emerges inside Janice's head. She is a tall woman with bone white skin, and has glowing eyes that change color ever few seconds. Her hair is long, dark, and worn down past her shoulders, but strands of it are slowly being replaced by crystal of various colors, as are her fingernails and a few patches of her skin surrounding her dark Traces. She wears a long black gown, as if going to a ball, and jewelry made out of black and white Annihilate and Animate Qhoral crystals. She carries at her side a small side sword, of a design neither Trace or Janice have ever seen its like.

Trace is just about to wake up, and GIMME MY CHARACTER MOMENT PLZ. You can Queen-bomb Trace's brain later, if you don't mind.

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Well, that's good news," replied Jack. "It sounds like she's not too far gone, which means the corruption should be fairly easily reversible. We just have to find her."

Finally Maddy has to speak. "Hold on, I thought we were sent to neutralize the threat. How risky would it be to try to reverse... whatever this is?"

A Talon guard paced the deck of a ship, wondering if he should commit. He knew he needed to escape, but he didn’t know if he should rescue the prisoners or not. He acted like he was on watch, but he was actually forming a few plans. One about how he could escape, one to rescue the prisoners, and one to kill the captain. He kept pacing, anxious. 

Edited by Bearer of all agonies

10 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Cadenza spun on the woman. "We are not 'neutralizing' Janice!"

Maddy raised an eyebrow at the outburst, but had learned not to question things like that. The woman obviously was scarred, clinging to hope of whatever 'Janice' was' redemption. Serving as a soldier for so long had taught her that in situations like this 'saving' threats was very, very unlikely. Cadenza could provide some trouble depending on how long she held on to the hope.

But being a soldier for so long had also taught her to hold her tongue, so she simply said "Who's Janice?"

2 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Maddy raised an eyebrow at the outburst, but had learned not to question things like that. The woman obviously was scarred, clinging to hope of whatever 'Janice' was' redemption. Serving as a soldier for so long had taught her that in situations like this 'saving' threats was very, very unlikely. Cadenza could provide some trouble depending on how long she held on to the hope.

But being a soldier for so long had also taught her to hold her tongue, so she simply said "Who's Janice?"

"She's... it's complicated. But Trace took over her body. Janice is still in there, though!"

3 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Finally Maddy has to speak. "Hold on, I thought we were sent to neutralize the threat. How risky would it be to try to reverse... whatever this is?"

"There is a slight chance of detonation," replied Jack. "Very slight."

1 hour ago, Condensation said:

"She's... it's complicated. But Trace took over her body. Janice is still in there, though!"

“Interesting. Do you know how this... takeover occurred? I haven’t heard of anything like it.”

27 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"There is a slight chance of detonation," replied Jack. "Very slight."

Maddy snorted. Of course there was; what was a mission with out a chance of getting blown up?

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Trace looked up. "Who is she?"

Best to be up front with it. "I failed my attempt at Lena's life," he stated, "And without escape, I jumped off the tower, hoping to survive. This creature saved me, and brought me to you, where I was able to heal you. They wanted something to do with you, and I'm not quite sure they're human."

14 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

“Interesting. Do you know how this... takeover occurred? I haven’t heard of anything like it.”

Maddy snorted. Of course there was; what was a mission with out a chance of getting blown up?

"Something about... the Queen, or something?"

Just now, Knight of Iron said:

Best to be up front with it. "I failed my attempt at Lena's life," he stated, "And without escape, I jumped off the tower, hoping to survive. This creature saved me, and brought me to you, where I was able to heal you. They wanted something to do with you, and I'm not quite sure they're human."

"You didn't manage to beat Lena?"