Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

7 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Cadenza spins, tossing the person who just crashed into her into the wall using only their momentum. Yes, these people definitely needed her help. She smiled and offered her hand to the person she had just slammed into the wall. "Your own fault. What did you say your name was?"

Lloyd gracefully recovers from being slammed into a wall by a twelve year old, it didn’t hurt and Lloyd thought it was funny how this girl thought she was the only one here who could skate.”Lloyd, and your Yoven hunting obsession is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard of, not all Yoven are bad and the ones that are would destroy you.”

4 minutes ago, A Windrunner said:

Lloyd gracefully recovers from being slammed into a wall by a twelve year old, it didn’t hurt and Lloyd thought it was funny how this girl thought she was the only one here who could skate.”Lloyd, and your Yoven hunting obsession is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard of, not all Yoven are bad and the ones that are would destroy you.”

Sorry, all I've got is the TL;DR at the beginning. Will you tell me more about Yoven? She's actually more hard core than you would think.

"Well then, I have absolutely no idea how I defeated one that was terrorising a village east of my family's manor." Cadenza gave the man(man, right?) a pointed look and put her hand on her hip.

She ignores the mountain woman again. That one could really spout off.

Edited by Condensation

6 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice shies away from Cadenza, gravitating towards Jay. She pulled her hood down, any excitement from the games now gone in favor of fear.

Jay puts his hand on her shoulder, trying hard to exude some kind of paternal protection vibe and probably not doing it very well.

3 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Aryanna stood up carefully and walked over to the group, pointedly ignoring Cadenza. "What are we going to do?"

"I think we're going to have to go along with Lloyd's plan, figure out a place where someone can get captured where they'll be certain to be taken to the right place. Explosives shouldn't be too hard to get, considering we're literally in a military base disguised as a sports arena."

And that's the end of the first round, folks. All the teams that won will be going to the second round.

The first round is a test of skill versus skill, each Duster fighting another. The second round is a test of what defines a warrior, a team duel against a powerful Yevon. All holds are off for this round, competitors have gotten injured, but we haven't had anyone die yet. Last year we had an illusionist monster that showed our contestants their worst fears. The year before that was a Fey drake that almost flew out of the arena! Let's see what monster it will be this year!

2 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Jay puts his hand on her shoulder, trying hard to exude some kind of paternal protection vibe and probably not doing it very well.

Janice is confused, but doesn't argue.

3 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

"I think we're going to have to go along with Lloyd's plan, figure out a place where someone can get captured where they'll be certain to be taken to the right place. Explosives shouldn't be too hard to get, considering we're literally in a military base disguised as a sports arena."

And that's the end of the first round, folks. All the teams that won will be going to the second round.

The first round is a test of skill versus skill, each Duster fighting another. The second round is a test of what defines a warrior, a team duel against a powerful Yevon. All holds are off for this round, competitors have gotten injured, but we haven't had anyone die yet. Last year we had an illusionist monster that showed our contestants their worst fears. The year before that was a Fey drake that almost flew out of the arena! Let's see what monster it will be this year!

Janice's eyes pull towards the arena as her mind tries to both stay in on the conversation and watch the competition.

BTW she won't always be this mean. I'm planning for her to soften toward you guys, but she's inexperienced with people and grew up with people telling her how amazing she was, so she expects everyone to be like that to her. She did actually save a village, that's what gave her the idea to get all of the academies back. If these Yevon are super strong, maybe it was by luck? She is really skilled and has lots of practice with her powers, but it's your world. Also, if you don't make her job out to be the most important, she'll be huffed. She won't storm off, but she'll grumble to herself. Then again, there's not much you could do that wouldn't make her grumble to herself.

Cadenza huffed. If they were going to ask her to help them, it was only reasonable for them to tell her what she was supposed to do so she could agree or reject it.

Just now, Condensation said:

Cadenza huffed. If they were going to ask her to help them, it was only reasonable for them to tell her what she was supposed to do so she could agree or reject it.

“You can come with us into the base when we are rescuing everyone, you can shows us that skill of yours.”

1 minute ago, A Windrunner said:

“You can come with us into the base when we are rescuing everyone, you can shows us that skill of yours.”

Okay, that wasn't as bad as she had been thinking. At least she'd probably get to take down some soldiers. "All right. I'm assuming we'll have to wait?" She made a chair of ice and sat in it, curling her legs up and getting comfortable.

"Hang on a second." Jay looks out the window down to the Arena. "That's not a monster, that's..." he looks at Janice. "She just looks kind of like you."

Wait, what? How did-- Elwood, talk to---------------------

Ok, folks, looks like we have a unique kind of Fey here today. It was, uh, apprehended in the deepest realms of Amaria, mounting an attack on a settlement with a horde of Yevon. It has some kind of rudimentary intelligence but isn't any more human than what we usually get, don't worry.

The Sylven girl is in a cage, beating her wings against the bars, eyes glowing.

1 minute ago, Negative_Null said:

"Hang on a second." Jay looks out the window down to the Arena. "That's not a monster, that's..." he looks at Janice. "She just looks kind of like you."

Ok, folks, looks like we have a unique kind of Fey here today. It was, uh, apprehended in the deepest realms of Amaria, mounting an attack on a settlement with a horde of Yevon. It has some kind of rudimentary intelligence but isn't any more human than what we usually get, don't worry.

“We should stop this.”

3 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

CALLED IT!! I FREAKING CALLED IT!!

Janice's breathing shallows, and she can't help but stare at the girl in the cage. "W...wait. No, they--they can't..."

This was the original inciting incident, I promise :P

The crowd outside can't seem to decide whether to be shocked or excited. But the more the announcer talks, the more they go to the latter.

Jay looks at Janice and Lloyd. "What are we going to do? If they weren't already sure about it, why would they put her out there? I doubt we could persuade them otherwise."

Just now, Negative_Null said:

The crowd outside can't seem to decide whether to be shocked or excited. But the more the announcer talks, the more they go to the latter.

Jay looks at Janice and Lloyd. "What are we going to do? If they weren't already sure about it, why would they put her out there? I doubt we could persuade them otherwise."

"Stop them! St...stop it!"

Just now, Negative_Null said:

“Well I’m going to try!” Lloyd goes out the door and starts running towards the arena. He sends out a wave of fear to everyone in the crowd, this fear was the fear that what was happening was terribly wrong and that they were the monsters.

1 minute ago, A Windrunner said:

“Well I’m going to try!” Lloyd goes out the door and starts running towards the arena. He sends out a wave of fear to everyone in the crowd, this fear was the fear that what was happening was terribly wrong and that they were the monsters.

Aryanna followed him, looking for the announcers.

"Sigh... I'm going to go up and see if I can talk to someone. You guys get down to the field in case it doesn't work and we have to do this the hard way."

Jay runs out the door.

Within a few moments there's the sound of a scuffle over the announcers mike.

What are you-

Just give it to me-

You're not supposed to

*Crash*

Hey guys, sorry for the interruption, but change of plans. We're doing something else for the second round.

The crowd shouts in agreement thanks to Lloyd's prodding. The attendants who were bringing the cage onto the arena look around in fear. The girl looks up and calms down for a second.

2 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

"Sigh... I'm going to go up and see if I can talk to someone. You guys get down to the field in case it doesn't work and we have to do this the hard way."

Jay runs out the door.

Within a few moments there's the sound of a scuffle over the announcers mike.

What are you-

Just give it to me-

You're not supposed to

*Crash*

Hey guys, sorry for the interruption, but change of plans. We're doing something else for the second round.

The crowd shouts in agreement thanks to Lloyd's prodding. The attendants who were bringing the cage onto the arena look around in fear. The girl looks up and calms down for a second.

Can I recruit the Yoven?

Lloyd runs into the arena.