Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

22 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Jay grapples at Eris, forcing her to let go of Janice to block his strikes. He gives Janice and Aryanna a shove, trusting that their Veils will break the 20 or so foot fall. He and Eris trade blows in mid air, he's grabbing onto her to stay aloft.

Aryanna grabs Janice, looking her in the eye. "When we hit the ground, you're going to need to run. Got it?" @Channelknight Fadran

Aryanna's Veil is abnormally weak, so... just saying

38 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Azrael blocks both blows with his sword, and braces himself against the door frame so he doesn't slip on the ice. He hisses. "You are incredibly annoying."

In the room behind him, Silence comes out of a door with an unconscious man under her arm. "We got him, let's get out of here."

"All right, you grab Janice, ok?"

Jay launches both of them downwards, straight at Eris and Janice.

Why thanks!

Cadenza smiles, then her face falls as the second Yevon exits the room with an unconscious person. "Stop!" she yells. She doesn't expect it to do anything, but it might distract them for a bit. She swings both of her blades, one from each side, hoping the Yevon won't be able to deflect both.

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice nods, squeezing her eyes shut; she does not enjoy free-fall.

The ground looms up on Aryanna, and she tenses before remembering that tense bones break easier, so she relaxes as they hit the ground. Her veil holds for a moment, but then it snaps under the pressure, and there is an audible crack as her shin bone breaks.

36 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Cadenza smiles, then her face falls as the second Yevon exits the room with an unconscious person. "Stop!" she yells. She doesn't expect it to do anything, but it might distract them for a bit. She swings both of her blades, one from each side, hoping the Yevon won't be able to deflect both.

15 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Cadenza shot shards of ice at the second Yevon, not aiming them at any particular spot.

Well, excuse me, I have homework to do

Silence evades one of the sword swings, but has to take the other with her Veil. The impact makes her stumble and slip on the ice. The man goes flying across the hall.

Azrael strikes at Cadenza from behind

28 minutes ago, Vapor said:

The ground looms up on Aryanna, and she tenses before remembering that tense bones break easier, so she relaxes as they hit the ground. Her veil holds for a moment, but then it snaps under the pressure, and there is an audible crack as her shin bone breaks.

Jay manages to extricate himself from Eris, and blasts her into a wall with the rest of the force he has stored up. He falls and his Veil almost falters when he hits the ground. 

"Aryanna, are you ok?"

1 minute ago, Negative_Null said:

Silence evades one of the sword swings, but has to take the other with her Veil. The impact makes her stumble and slip on the ice. The man goes flying across the hall.

Jay manages to extricate himself from Eris, and blasts her into a wall with the rest of the force he has stored up. He falls and his Veil almost falters when he hits the ground. 

"Aryanna, are you ok?"

She grits her teeth. "I will be," she says.

He looks back at Eris, who's pulling herself out of a crater in the wall. "We don't have the firepower to deal with these things. We need to get out of here." He picks her up. "Janice, can you walk?"

22 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Cadenza shot shards of ice at the second Yevon, not aiming them at any particular spot.

I assume you meant Azrael

He ignores the shards as they hit his Veil, still trying to strike Cadenza. Oddly, it seems less like he's going for a kill and more just like he's trying to draw blood.

9 minutes ago, Vapor said:

She grits her teeth. "I will be," she says.

Janice vaguely remembers some kind of order from Aryanna to escape, but all is forgotten as Janice watches her clutch her leg.

6 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

He looks back at Eris, who's pulling herself out of a crater in the wall. "We don't have the firepower to deal with these things. We need to get out of here." He picks her up. "Janice, can you walk?"

“Yeah.”

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice vaguely remembers some kind of order from Aryanna to escape, but all is forgotten as Janice watches her clutch her leg.

“Yeah.”

Jay drapes Aryanna's arm over Janice. "Help her get out, I'm going to go find the others. Meet me at the statues out front of the first headmasters."

1 minute ago, DramaQueen said:

Torao couldn't bring themself to fight. They were left standing uselessly, finally approaching Janice, Jay, and Aryanna. "Is there anything I can do to help right now? Besides fighting?"

"One of us needs to go find the others, Cadenza, Lloyd, and the other lady. You can either help Aryanna out so I can go look or go look yourself. But we need to go quick."

He points with his free hand at Eris, who's trying to get one of her wings out from under a cinder block.

21 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

"Aryanna, are you ok?"

Oh. Sorry! :) I'm assuming if I get hit, my veil will take it, so he can't actually draw blood? How does that work?

Cadenza shifts to the side, dodging the strike, then executes a perfect spin, her blades out.

Just now, Condensation said:

Oh. Sorry! :) I'm assuming if I get hit, my veil will take it, so he can't actually draw blood? How does that work?

I didn't really describe this, but Veils kind of function like a weave. Most of the time the weave is dense enough to intercept any attack, but if enough "threads" are damaged or the attacker is skilled enough to get something between the threads, that's when actual damage starts to happen. For now, I just mean that he's not going for your vital spots you might expect, more for your limbs, where your Veil is weakest. I hope that makes sense.

Azrael parries both strikes, but the momentum makes him slide on the ice away from Silence, who's trying to stand up using the wall.

I didn't really describe this, but Veils kind of function like a weave. Most of the time the weave is dense enough to intercept any attack, but if enough "threads" are damaged or the attacker is skilled enough to get something between the threads, that's when actual damage starts to happen. For now, I just mean that he's not going for your vital spots you might expect, more for your limbs, where your Veil is weakest. I hope that makes sense.

Okay. Yeah, we're all assuming that his blade(s) is/are poisoned. Go ahead and determine when his strikes penetrate, I'm not experienced enough with this to do it myself.

Cadenza skates toward the Yevon trying to stand up using the wall, a smile on her face. Anyone watching could tell that she was laughing inside, but wouldn't let it disrupt her concentration. She thrusts with one sword while swiping with the other, and makes the ice grow up the walls faster.

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

Okay. Yeah, we're all assuming that his blade(s) is/are poisoned. Go ahead and determine when his strikes penetrate, I'm not experienced enough with this to do it myself.

Fair. He's a little busy now though. This ice is way more powerful than I thought it would be :P 

2 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Cadenza skates toward the Yevon trying to stand up using the wall, a smile on her face. Anyone watching could tell that she was laughing inside, but wouldn't let it disrupt her concentration. She thrusts with one sword while swiping with the other, and makes the ice grow up the walls faster.

Silence slips and falls again. Seeing Cadenza rushing at her, she thrusts her arms out in a panic. Cadenza is overcome with a huge rush of emotions, but one rises out the most (You get to pick, whatever you feel most defines her)

Silence slips and falls again. Seeing Cadenza rushing at her, she thrusts her arms out in a panic. Cadenza is overcome with a huge rush of emotions, but one rises out the most (You get to pick, whatever you feel most defines her)

I know, right? You don't think about it until you actually use it.

Cadenza feels a rush of emotions, one over them all: worthlessness. Tears come to her eyes and she collapses to her knees, still sliding toward the Yevon. She knows she should do something, but what can she do? Absolutely nothing. Her cheeks are streaked, and she can't imagine doing anything other than sitting here until she withered away.

22 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

"One of us needs to go find the others, Cadenza, Lloyd, and the other lady. You can either help Aryanna out so I can go look or go look yourself. But we need to go quick."

He points with his free hand at Eris, who's trying to get one of her wings out from under a cinder block.

"I'll stay." Torao took one of Aryanna's arms to help her walk.

23 minutes ago, Condensation said:

It's all up to her. It's just really strong emotion, if she can fight through that than she can do anything.

Cadenza can hear Silence, breathless, say "Azrael, pick him up. We have to go." It's obvious she's very strained.

31 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

"I'll stay." Torao took one of Aryanna's arms to help her walk.

"Great. I'll meet you guys there." Jay runs off in the direction the others went.