Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

18 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Cadenza can hear Silence, breathless, say "Azrael, pick him up. We have to go." It's obvious she's very strained.

"Great. I'll meet you guys there." Jay runs off in the direction the others went.

Deep within herself, Cadenza found a reserve of strength. Small, but mighty. She gathers it for one last strike at the Yevon, hoping against hope that it will work. She rises to her feet and screams, "I am worth something!" but she doesn't mean it, not really. How could she be worth something? She raises both swords and lets them fall on the Yevon who was bracing herself on the wall, then collapses and curls into the fetal position, strength gone. She is worthless. She couldn't even save that man. Tears streak her cheeks and she lets them fall. She has no more strength left, and even if she did she couldn't do anything.

Edited by Condensation

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

Deep within herself, Cadenza found a reserve of strength. Small, but mighty. She gathers it for one last strike at the Yevon, hoping against hope that it will work. She rises to her feet and screams, "I am worth something!" but she doesn't mean it, not really. How could she be worth something? She raises both swords and lets them fall on the Yevon, then collapses and curls into the fetal position, strength gone. She is worthless. She couldn't even save that man. Tears streak her cheeks and she lets them fall. She has no more strength left, and even if she did she couldn't do anything.

Janice glances back at the shivering, crying figure. “Aryanna... I’m afraid I have to leave you now.”

@Vapor

19 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Deep within herself, Cadenza found a reserve of strength. Small, but mighty. She gathers it for one last strike at the Yevon, hoping against hope that it will work. She rises to her feet and screams, "I am worth something!" but she doesn't mean it, not really. How could she be worth something? She raises both swords and lets them fall on the Yevon, then collapses and curls into the fetal position, strength gone. She is worthless. She couldn't even save that man. Tears streak her cheeks and she lets them fall. She has no more strength left, and even if she did she couldn't do anything.

Lloyd sees the girl crying. “I’ll be there in one second.”

Lloyd attacks Azreal, he pores that terrible fear into her and he strikes at her with his daggers aiming for her legs.

Edited by A Windrunner

12 minutes ago, Condensation said:

As Cadenza rises, Silence turns around, and his caught off guard by her attack. One of the attacks is caught by the Veil, but the other goes through, slicing through her upper arm. She falls and hits her head on the ice. 

Do you want to do your thing to the other guy instead?

11 minutes ago, A Windrunner said:

Lloyd sees the girl crying. “I’ll be there in one second.”

Lloyd attacks Silence, he pores that terrible fear into her and he strikes at her with his daggers aiming for her legs.

Azrael, who apparently can't catch a break, falls to the ice again. He grits his teeth against the fear. He's felt worse.

6 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Azrael's Veil breaks and he snarls at Lloyd, revealing snake-like fangs. He throws him to the side with supernatural strength and grabs at his fallen weapon.

Lloyd runs at Azrael, he throws one of his daggers at Azrael’s face and thrusts his other dagger at his gut.

6 minutes ago, A Windrunner said:

Lloyd runs at Azrael, he throws one of his daggers at Azrael’s face and thrusts his other dagger at his gut.

We are on ice, just fyi. That's why they're having so much trouble getting around

Azrael knocks aside the dagger going at his face, and there's a clang of the dagger hitting his armor. He pushes off the wall, clumsily sliding towards Lloyd with his sword readied for a strike.

1 minute ago, Negative_Null said:

As Cadenza rises, Silence turns around, and his caught off guard by her attack. One of the attacks is caught by the Veil, but the other goes through, slicing through her upper arm. She falls and hits her head on the ice. 

I'm guessing you're asking Windrunner.

Okay, here's what I think is happening. She could fight off the emotions pretty well while she still had strength, but she used up the last of her strength on that final blow, so her brain feels the emotion and can't fight it, so it grows, taking control of her body and emotions. Now that the emotion is in control, it can use her memories, even indirectly, so that it can replicate more. Plus I just really wanted to try out this method of storytelling.

Memories run through Cadenza's head, each one worse than the last. The time she fell and couldn't do anything. The first time she used her powers. Times when her brothers would tease or attack her and all she could do was sit there. And worst of all, when she was told she was too young, that she was useless and couldn't fight the Yevon. These memories repeated over and over. She was worthless. There was nothing she could do. She was too young.

She fell, over and over again. Her face squished against the floor, unable to cry out and incapable of moving.

Her powers appearing, so weak. Her brother pointed out that they suited her, weak powers for a weak girl. Snowflakes drifting around her head and all she could think was, I'll never be able to do anything.

Her brothers, circling around her, laughing. Holding her dolls above her reach. Mocking her. Shouting at her, If you're so powerful, show us. Make us do it. Prove yourself and you can hang out with us, then laughing and running off to have fun without her, leaving her crying and staring at the floor again.

Sitting in the flowery brocaded armchair, a cup and saucer in her shaking hands. She was finally going to do it, she was going to go to one of the academies and prove herself, and then her brothers would finally accept her. Hearing the words I'm sorry, but you're too young. Your powers are too weak. She'd never be able to fight as a Duster. Escaping the sitting room, then her brothers cornering her. Shamed the family. Too weak. She can't even stop us. They leave her alone, and she runs and cries in her room. 

They repeat, growing worse and worse until she wishes it would just end. She knows she's worthless, she curls herself tighter and shuts her eyes to block it out, but they just get more vivid. Is there no end? She can't stop watching her memories. Each time they grow in shame and worthlessness, building a wall of emotion, blocking out everything around her until there is only emotion.

14 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Azrael knocks aside the dagger going at his face, and there's a clang of the dagger hitting his armor. He pushes off the wall, clumsily sliding towards Lloyd with his sword readied for a strike.

Lloyd picks up his fallen dagger and throws it at the Yevon face, he waits a second and then throws the other one.

58 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice glances back at the shivering, crying figure. “Aryanna... I’m afraid I have to leave you now.”

@Vapor

44 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

"I've got her. You can go."

Aryanna tries to adjust and winces, trying to supress the pain for the moment.

51 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

"I've got her. You can go."

Janice runs to Cadenza.

24 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Memories run through Cadenza's head, each one worse than the last. The time she fell and couldn't do anything. The first time she used her powers. Times when her brothers would tease or attack her and all she could do was sit there. And worst of all, when she was told she was too young, that she was useless and couldn't fight the Yevon. These memories repeated over and over. She was worthless. There was nothing she could do. She was too young.

She fell, over and over again. Her face squished against the floor, unable to cry out and incapable of moving.

Her powers appearing, so weak. Her brother pointed out that they suited her, weak powers for a weak girl. Snowflakes drifting around her head and all she could think was, I'll never be able to do anything.

Her brothers, circling around her, laughing. Holding her dolls above her reach. Mocking her. Shouting at her, If you're so powerful, show us. Make us do it. Prove yourself and you can hang out with us, then laughing and running off to have fun without her, leaving her crying and staring at the floor again.

Sitting in the flowery brocaded armchair, a cup and saucer in her shaking hands. She was finally going to do it, she was going to go to one of the academies and prove herself, and then her brothers would finally accept her. Hearing the words I'm sorry, but you're too young. Your powers are too weak. She'd never be able to fight as a Duster. Escaping the sitting room, then her brothers cornering her. Shamed the family. Too weak. She can't even stop us. They leave her alone, and she runs and cries in her room. 

They repeat, growing worse and worse until she wishes it would just end. She knows she's worthless, she curls herself tighter and shuts her eyes to block it out, but they just get more vivid. Is there no end? She can't stop watching her memories. Each time they grow in shame and worthlessness, building a wall of emotion, blocking out everything around her until there is only emotion.

“Cadenza?” Janice asks, kneeling beside her. “Cadenza, can you hear me?”

16 minutes ago, A Windrunner said:

Lloyd picks up his fallen dagger and throws it at the Yevon face, he waits a second and then throws the other one.

Azrael parries both with his sword and slashes at Lloyd. His momentum on the ice carries him into Lloyd.

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

Cadenza whimpers, fully immersed in the dream world created by her emotions.

You're sure you didn't read the source material? Because I didn't explain that's what Silence's Aspect does but that's exactly right.

18 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Cadenza whimpers, fully immersed in the dream world created by her emotions.

Janice knew that feeling—the kind when you’re unable to move or think; only cry and wait for it to end.

”You’ll be okay.” Janice says. “It hurts now, but... it’ll end eventually.”

17 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Azrael parries both with his sword and slashes at Lloyd. His momentum on the ice carries him into Lloyd.

Lloyd’s Veil holds off the blow, but Lloyd is thrown into the wall. He grabs his daggers off the ground and gets into a defensive stance.

28 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

You're sure you didn't read the source material? Because I didn't explain that's what Silence's Aspect does but that's exactly right.

;) I'm just good at guessing, I guess.

Cadenza thinks she hears a voice, but she forgets it as the cycle of memories begins again.