Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

On 3/11/2021 at 10:03 AM, Condensation said:

Cadenza tripped, landing on her hands and knees. She made a face as she stood back up. "All right..." Making a smaller pathway beyond the reach of the old woman, she built up speed again. 

She tsked her tongue, as if disappointed, then lifted her hand.  The ice shifted and formed a ring of spikes, long and spindly needles, becoming a defensive barrier growing from the ground around her.  She seemed not in the least bit concerned, and quietly rummaged into her bag.

21 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

She tsked her tongue, as if disappointed, then lifted her hand.  The ice shifted and formed a ring of spikes, long and spindly needles, becoming a defensive barrier growing from the ground around her.  She seemed not in the least bit concerned, and quietly rummaged into her bag.

Does stamping some of her ice enable her to control all of it? Because this is new ice. And it's away from the woman.

11 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Cadenza kept skating around the old woman.

The lady didn't seem to pay her much attention, instead fishing out a knit sweater.  It began to unwind and unravel in the air, its yarn weaving between the spires of ice, knotting them all together, like a spider's nest in a thicket of thorns. 

Just now, ProfetessaOscura said:

The lady didn't seem to pay her much attention, instead fishing out a knit sweater.  It began to unwind and unravel in the air, its yarn weaving between the spires of ice, knotting them all together, like a spider's nest in a thicket of thorns. 

Cadenza pursed her lips. Alright... try something else. She tossed a snowball at the old lady.

"You don't think creatively," the woman complained, intercepting the snowball with a needle-like spire of ice.  "You treat your power as if it is a force, something to bully someone down, push them over."  The woman stomped one foot forward.  Several bladed needles long and sinuous, like javelins, shot forward on threads, threatening to impale Cadenza, had she not seen the bulbous blunt tips at the end.  The woman did not, after all, want to kill her.

12 hours ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr nodded, then waved dismissively.  Although indignant, the men and women around Vespyr backed off.  "My friend," he said, "I know you are displeased."

"It is more complicated than that. I have spent a great deal of time thinking about it, and I have come to the conclusion that you have a number of valid points to your system of belief. However, there a number of other points on which you are frighteningly misguided. Would you care to spar with me briefly? I think that it should make for a useful demonstration."

14 hours ago, Condensation said:

Cadenza pursed her lips. Alright... try something else. She tossed a snowball at the old lady.

((Wanna get mentored to level up?  I’m thinking this old granny is a retired admiral who might take a shine to Cadenza. Like a Toph-Korra training relationship.))

3 hours ago, Fallapede said:

"It is more complicated than that. I have spent a great deal of time thinking about it, and I have come to the conclusion that you have a number of valid points to your system of belief. However, there a number of other points on which you are frighteningly misguided. Would you care to spar with me briefly? I think that it should make for a useful demonstration."

”I do not think a fight with me would show you much of anything, and I do not wish to make you suffer or violate your personal beliefs of non-violence,” Vespyr said, even while removing his suit jacket. 

15 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

”I do not think a fight with me would show you much of anything, and I do not wish to make you suffer or violate your personal beliefs of non-violence,” Vespyr said, even while removing his suit jacket. 

"Oh, I won't be the one learning, Vespyr," Brother Sparrow said. A grim smile spread across his face.

45 minutes ago, Fallapede said:

"Oh, I won't be the one learning, Vespyr," Brother Sparrow said. A grim smile spread across his face.

Vespyr nodded. “Allow the combatants to end their bouts, then.”  He was wary, now. The brother had hinted at a dark and murderous past. Vespyr hadn’t felt it in his place to demand the man’s history. 

22 hours ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

"You don't think creatively," the woman complained, intercepting the snowball with a needle-like spire of ice.  "You treat your power as if it is a force, something to bully someone down, push them over."  The woman stomped one foot forward.  Several bladed needles long and sinuous, like javelins, shot forward on threads, threatening to impale Cadenza, had she not seen the bulbous blunt tips at the end.  The woman did not, after all, want to kill her.

Cadenza immediately shot up on a pillar of ice. She'd been expecting something like that. She frowned down at the old lady. "Not your power. That means you don't know how it works, so lay off."

13 hours ago, Condensation said:

Cadenza immediately shot up on a pillar of ice. She'd been expecting something like that. She frowned down at the old lady. "Not your power. That means you don't know how it works, so lay off."

The woman's blunt ice spikes slammed into the pillar of ice, and the blunt tips left indentations crushed into the surface.  The woman's maker's mark.  The old lady smiled as Cadenza's pillar began to shift from side to side.  "I see enough.  When presented with a locked door, you would crush the door in its frame to pass through instead of use your ice to make a key.  A powerful ability is only as powerful as the wit of its wielder, child."  She frowned slightly, as if deciding perhaps she was insulting the child too much, without actually providing any praise.  "You could go far, with the right instruction."