Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

Just now, Condensation said:

Cadenza cocks her head and tucks the ice statue into her sash that holds her hilts and blades. She looks confused.

Jay rolls his eyes and swings one of the wooden boards at the back of Janice's head

He wants to see if she has a Veil

4 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Cadenza rushes over, frosting an edge of her cape. "Yeah, what were you thinking?" she asked. "Um, you can put this on your head. It'll help." she told Janice, holding out her cape.

Janice gratefully takes the cape, holding a confused glare on Jay.

@Negative_Null

Torao slipped away; the voices were growing overwhelming again.

Fear spoke up. Why are we going on the water? We could drown, get killed in a storm, get eaten by whales! There's so much that could go wrong...

Torao's fear of the water came from being a tiger Sylven. They could easily swim, but a wet face was not comfortable at all.

Optimism, followed by Darkness, Logic, and Headache all brought up their opinions. Torao felt the need to do something; scream, punch, rip, tear...kill. The voices were all pushing them to attack, to pierce their nails through the fragile skin, to release the beautiful, bright colors from a body. Why was it that the most colorful parts of people were hidden? Torao had heard that question before, and it had stuck. Colors were so beautiful, they needed to be released. The bright red should flow as freely as a river.

Torao pulled themself away from the gruesome imaginings with a mental yank. No. I won't fight, I won't kill again. I can't kill again, and if I fight, I won't be able to stop.

Cadenza debated whether or not to toss the statue of herself in the water, then sighed and put it away in her sash again. Instead, she started making whatever caught her fancy. Ice skates made of real ice, a little boat she set on the water and watched it away, a translucent blue gem that cracked when it hit the water.

I'm back! So I assume she does not have a Veil which means...things

"Sorry, Janice, I had to check. So... not what I was expecting. You don't have a Veil at all, unlike those Fey we fought in there. If I had to guess, they're just humans who have been corrupted somehow. You, however, are not. You are not and have never been human, as far as I can tell."

1 minute ago, Negative_Null said:

"Sorry, Janice, I had to check. So... not what I was expecting. You don't have a Veil at all, unlike those Fey we fought in there. If I had to guess, they're just humans who have been corrupted somehow. You, however, are not. You are not and have never been human, as far as I can tell."

This hurts a lot more than Jay probably expected. Janice's chin starts quivering, and she turns her head away as a tear slips out.

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

This hurts a lot more than Jay probably expected. Janice's chin starts quivering, and she turns her head away as a tear slips out.

"Not like that, not like that. I didn't mean that. I'm sorry."

With an effort he gets up to look her in the eyes. "It just means you're different. And that can be the best thing in the world, to be someone else, to be someone that no one else is. It can be lonely, but at least you always know who you are. I don't care what you are, I know who you are. And you're my friend, if you'll let me be"

23 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

"Not like that, not like that. I didn't mean that. I'm sorry."

With an effort he gets up to look her in the eyes. "It just means you're different. And that can be the best thing in the world, to be someone else, to be someone that no one else is. It can be lonely, but at least you always know who you are. I don't care what you are, I know who you are. And you're my friend, if you'll let me be"

She sniffs. "It's... okay. I just want to be normal. I want everything to stop hurting all the time."