Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

Janice's once-dreamless sleep turned to nightmares.

She stood amidst an inky darkness, the only light coming from an occasional dark sparkle. The blackness was remiscent of the color of her Traces. There was no sound, no voice, no nothing... just darkness.

Suddenly, her Traces began to burn, and a voice started speaking. Shhh...hhhh...

Janice's breathing turned heavy, and she cast her eyes left and right to try and find the souce of the voice.

SHHH...HHH...

"What are you?" She demanded.

SHHHH...HHH--it went silent for a moment--...Hello, Janice.

Janice whipped around, losing her balance and falling over. Her Traces continued burning, sending throbs of dark pain through the appendages they crossed. Janice clutched her arms to her knees, but she knew from experience that there was nothing that could stop the pain.

There's no need to be afraid, the Whispers said, I have chosen you.

The burning pain changed for the worse, and she collapsed prone on the ground. Her breathing was shallow, lined with pain, the sound of a sick child without the strength to groan.

Embrace my power. Let it flow through you. In exchange for your mind, I can stop the pain, It hesitated, is that not what you want?

"I won't... I won't become one of them." Janice gasped. "I won't hurt anyone!"

The Whispers hesitated again, as if curious, suit yourself, little Yevon.

The pain turned to agony, and Janice began to scream. The Whispers spoke no longer; they had been replaced by inescapable, terrible agony. Everywhere her Traces touched, burning beyond anything she had ever felt brought a scream to her mouth and tears to her eyes.

She shot awake, screaming still. The pain was gone, now, but her Traces still tingled like an asleep limb.

Shh...hhhhhh...

@Negative_Null

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

27 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

"Hey hey. Ssshh, it's ok." Jay grabs one of her hands and holds it with both of his. "It's ok, you're safe"

Janice breaths in sharp, shivering gasps, trying to calm herself. Her arms still stung the waning pain that comes after a hurt has hit its climax. "Jay... can you promise me something?"

2 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice breaths in sharp, shivering gasps, trying to calm herself. Her arms still stung the waning pain that comes after a hurt has hit its climax. "Jay... can you promise me something?"

"Anything"

No way this could go badly, right?

3 minutes ago, Condensation said:

When Janice woke up suddenly, Cadenza's first instinct was to go help her. She started over and then paused. Would Janice want her to help? She kept second-guessing herself, so she ended up hovering just over Jay's shoulder, worried.

Oh dear. I have no idea how to react to this.

On 9/26/2020 at 9:13 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

IDK where that random slash and question mark came from, but the reason two of them are on boats is because reasons.

It was meant to be like "two out of however many RPs I'm involved in at this point."

21 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"If..." she took in a shivering breath, "if I... can't control whatever it is that's trying to change me, then... I don't want to hurt anybody. If that happens, then promise... promise you'll kill me."

Jay shakes his head. "Why do i always end up in this situation?" he mutters.

He looks her in the eyes. "I won't let that happen. I'm sure there's something we can do to cancel out... whatever it is. But if I'm wrong and there's no saving you, yes, I will. Just don't expect me to give up on you very easily."

Just now, Negative_Null said:

Jay shakes his head. "Why do i always end up in this situation?" he mutters.

He looks her in the eyes. "I won't let that happen. I'm sure there's something we can do to cancel out... whatever it is. But if I'm wrong and there's no saving you, yes, I will. Just don't expect me to give up on you very easily."

"Jay..." she sniffs, "I don't want it to always hurt so much! I don't want to hurt, and... I don't want to hurt anybody else. It always gets worse... I always come closer and closer to joining whatever those voices are, just to stop the pain. Don't let them get me, because if they do... then I don't know if anyone could stop me."

5 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Jay..." she sniffs, "I don't want it to always hurt so much! I don't want to hurt, and... I don't want to hurt anybody else. It always gets worse... I always come closer and closer to joining whatever those voices are, just to stop the pain. Don't let them get me, because if they do... then I don't know if anyone could stop me."

I just want to give Janice a big hug!! 

Torao woke up, groggy and aching. They carefully stood up, then wandered to the deck where the others were. They froze as they saw Janice's current state, then quickly turned back around. Before they could leave, however, a voice spoke up.

Go talk to her. Compassion. This voice rarely told Torao what to do, and when it did, it was usually a suggestion, not a command as this was. Nervous, Torao approached Janice and Jay.

"Hey, you guys alright?"

2 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

Torao woke up, groggy and aching. They carefully stood up, then wandered to the deck where the others were. They froze as they saw Janice's current state, then quickly turned back around. Before they could leave, however, a voice spoke up.

Go talk to her. Compassion. This voice rarely told Torao what to do, and when it did, it was usually a suggestion, not a command as this was. Nervous, Torao approached Janice and Jay.

"Hey, you guys alright?"

Janice sniffed again. "Yes... no." She pulled her cloak around herself. "I'm just scared."

2 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

I just want to give Janice a big hug!! 

Right? I'm improvising a lot of this, and I'm like how the scud did I make this character so huggable?

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice sniffed again. "Yes... no." She pulled her cloak around herself. "I'm just scared."

Torao sat down, unsure of what to do. Compassion stayed silent. They awkwardly reached out and patted the girl's shoulder. "What are you scared of? I know that there's a lot that scares me, too."

Blood. So much color. So beautiful.

13 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Life hurts like that sometimes. And you don't deserve anything you've gotten in life." He looks at Torao. "We all have fears. It's in the overcoming them that we become better. Eldea shelters us on our journeys but she knows we need to brave the storm to see the sunlight."

5 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

Torao sat down, unsure of what to do. Compassion stayed silent. They awkwardly reached out and patted the girl's shoulder. "What are you scared of? I know that there's a lot that scares me, too."

Blood. So much color. So beautiful.

4 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

"Life hurts like that sometimes. And you don't deserve anything you've gotten in life." He looks at Torao. "We all have fears. It's in the overcoming them that we become better. Eldea shelters us on our journeys but she knows we need to brave the storm to see the sunlight."

"I'm scared that it'll never end," Jance replies, "I'm scared that I'll keep hurting my entire life; I'll live hurting, and I'll die hurting. Or worse, I'll turn bad, like those other Yevon, and... and I'll hurt you guys. I'll try to kill you." She starts crying. "I don't want to kill you! Jay, is there anything you know... anything you know that could help me control these voices in my head?"

"I'm scared that it'll never end," Jance replies, "I'm scared that I'll keep hurting my entire life; I'll live hurting, and I'll die hurting. Or worse, I'll turn bad, like those other Yevon, and... and I'll hurt you guys. I'll try to kill you." She starts crying. "I don't want to kill you! Jay, is there anything you know... anything you know that could help me control these voices in my head?"

Jay smiles. "We're going there right now. Medrano knows things he shouldn't know. If anyone knows where to find that kind of information, he will"

Also, I hope you're ready for Siren to get it's first connection to the outside Macroverse

"Really?"

Jay nods. "No guarantees, but I think he's your best chance." 

He looks up over the railing of the ship.

"I think we're almost to the coast. Should be maybe an hour or so. Then it will be a short ride to where we need to go"

And hopefully nothing bad will happen on our way there...