Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

5 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I'm scared that it'll never end," Jance replies, "I'm scared that I'll keep hurting my entire life; I'll live hurting, and I'll die hurting. Or worse, I'll turn bad, like those other Yevon, and... and I'll hurt you guys. I'll try to kill you." She starts crying. "I don't want to kill you! Jay, is there anything you know... anything you know that could help me control these voices in my head?"

Torao was shocked. Her fears sounded like theirs, except that they had already done that, and was afraid that they would do it again.

Finally, Compassion gave her advice again. It was odd that Torao assigned genders to his voices, but not to themself. Why don't you tell her?

"You fear that you'll turn bad? I've done that before."

I don't have much time to type a cool backstory right now, I'll get it done ASAP.

Just now, DramaQueen said:

Torao was shocked. Her fears sounded like theirs, except that they had already done that, and was afraid that they would do it again.

Finally, Compassion gave her advice again. It was odd that Torao assigned genders to his voices, but not to themself. Why don't you tell her?

"You fear that you'll turn bad? I've done that before."

"You've... you've what?"

14 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"You've... you've what?"

"Killed. Friends, enemies, people I'd never met. It took over."

The colors spilled, splattering on the canvas of the earth, painting a beautiful picture of carnage, their spirits ascending above.

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice faced Torao. "I'm... I'm so sorry."

Torao shrugged. "That's why I didn't let myself fight back at the races. I'm afraid that if I do, even to protect myself, I'll lose myself to the bloodlust again."

7 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

Torao looked up. "Yeah?"

"It was four years ago... I had only been hearing the Whispers for a few months, but I hadn't exactly... broken. They were in my head, but I was still perfectly fine, at least physically. I had doctors and physicians to try and help, but there was nothing they could do about the voices in my head. One night... a group of Yevon attacked my village. My parents tried to get me out, but there was nowhere we could go. Then the Whispers started... not whispering. They were talking. They were yelling, even. They were telling me to join the Yevon and kill my parents... they wanted me to kill my parents.

"I wanted to say no... I did say no, but they were relentless." Janice hugged her knees closer. "When I said no for the thousandth time, they... they fought back."

Janice pulled up her right sleeve, revealing a lattice of Traces. She ran her finger along one that ran up her arm. "That's when I first got this. It burned... it burned so badly. I... there nothing I could do to stop the pain. I was screaming and flailing; I was a mess. I remember the Whispers ordering me to give in and join the Yevon. They promised to take the pain away, and I almost did! I almost killed my family to stop the pain."

She pulled her hood lower. "It didn't matter, in the end. I blacked out out from the pain, and... and I woke up in a crater where my village had once been. My arm was covered with these." She gestured to her Traces. "I had destroyed the entire village... and I've been running away ever since."

Cadenza looked down, remembering her own experiences, and felt grateful that she hadn't had as many troubles as they had. Yet, it had obviously made them stronger. Should she have hoped for harder experiences? She couldn't know what would happen to her, and if she could stand it.

The captain's voice crackles over a speaker on deck, jerking everyone out of their reverie.

"We will be docking in ten minutes. Please make sure you have all of your luggage, children, or other loseable personal effects. Thank you."

Jay starts. "All right, well, let's get ready to go find a bus to one of the outer settlements."

Edited by Negative_Null

34 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

The captain's voice crackles over a speaker on deck, jerking everyone out of their reverie.

"We will be docking in ten minutes. Please make sure you have all of your luggage, children, or other loseable personal effects. Thank you."

Jay starts. "All right, well, let's get ready to go find a bus to one of the outer settlements."

Janice nods. "Alright."

6 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"It was four years ago... I had only been hearing the Whispers for a few months, but I hadn't exactly... broken. They were in my head, but I was still perfectly fine, at least physically. I had doctors and physicians to try and help, but there was nothing they could do about the voices in my head. One night... a group of Yevon attacked my village. My parents tried to get me out, but there was nowhere we could go. Then the Whispers started... not whispering. They were talking. They were yelling, even. They were telling me to join the Yevon and kill my parents... they wanted me to kill my parents.

"I wanted to say no... I did say no, but they were relentless." Janice hugged her knees closer. "When I said no for the thousandth time, they... they fought back."

Janice pulled up her right sleeve, revealing a lattice of Traces. She ran her finger along one that ran up her arm. "That's when I first got this. It burned... it burned so badly. I... there nothing I could do to stop the pain. I was screaming and flailing; I was a mess. I remember the Whispers ordering me to give in and join the Yevon. They promised to take the pain away, and I almost did! I almost killed my family to stop the pain."

She pulled her hood lower. "It didn't matter, in the end. I blacked out out from the pain, and... and I woke up in a crater where my village had once been. My arm was covered with these." She gestured to her Traces. "I had destroyed the entire village... and I've been running away ever since."

"You hear voices, too?"

8 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

As the boat docks and a bunch of people who are finally starting to calm down pile off onto the docks, Jay starts limping after the crowd. "Come on guys, the train station is right next to the docks"

Janice nods and gets to her feet.

7 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Cadenza walked off of the boat, searching for the train station. She glanced back at Janice, trying to see if she wanted any help.

Janice keeps her hood low as she walks off the boat and follows the others. She's careful to hide her Traces.