Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

1 minute ago, Negative_Null said:

What Quin's doing isn't exactly legal either...

Oh, um, by the way...

Jay might want to notice that Janice is gone sooner or later, because this scene is going to escalate from 'dim light' to 'so dark you'd see better in a pool of squid ink' in just a few posts.

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

27 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Oh, um, by the way...

Jay might want to notice that Janice is gone sooner or later, because this scene is going to escalate from 'dim light' to 'so dark you'd see better in a pool of squid ink' in just a few posts.

What's he gonna do, bleed on them?

Janice took a seat on the table. "What are you going to do to me?"

"Do you know what you are, child?"

Janice shook her head.

"You're what we call a Tainted; there has not been one of your kind in centuries, as far as our information goes."

"What's... a Tainted?"

The man smiled a cold smile. "That's what we intend to find out."

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

The soldiers didn't answer her. One of them grabbed Janice's arm and pulled her into the room. They closed the door behind them.

Janice found herself in a small, white room with a table sitting right in the middle. From the ceiling hung a contraption covered in lots of painful-looking machinery, like claws, needles, and a long tube. A man in a white lab coat approached her, inspecting her from behind a pair of spectacles.

"How exquisite," he said to himself, looking over her Traces, "a Tainted in the flesh. I was beginning to wonder if they even existed."

The man stood up straight and looked her in the eyes. "Come on, now, child; up there on the table. It won't hurt too much."

Cadenza was caught off guard, and Janice was gone before she could follow her. She banged on the door. "Hey!"

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

Cadenza was caught off guard, and Janice was gone before she could follow her. She banged on the door. "Hey!"

The guards ignore Cadenza's shouts, and the doctor continues examining Janice.

"Extraordinary," he said again, running his finger along one of her Traces on her hand, "I've never seen anything quiet like it. Tell me, child; when did these first start appearing?"

"I--I don't know. A long time ago. I've had them for a long time."

"Take off the jacket, child; I can't perform a proper examination if all these Taint lines are covered up."

Janice ignored his demands. "I want to go."

"I'm afraid you can't do that, child; we're not quite through with you yet."

"I want to go."

"No." The doctor turned to an assistant. "Bring me Asset B."

The assistant nodded and retreated into a side room. The doctor turned back to Janice, who had stood up while his back was turned. He glared at her. "If you cannot sit still, then I'll make you sit still. Guards!"

The guards grabbed her, and Janice yelped, trying to pull herself from their grip. They pushed her onto the table, taking off her jacket and tying down her now-bare arms. She tried kicking at the doctor, but they tied down her ankles as well.

"Cadenza!" She yelled. "Cadenza, help!"

@Condensation

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

The guards ignore Cadenza's shouts, and the doctor continues examining Janice.

"Extraordinary," he said again, running his finger along one of her Traces on her hand, "I've never seen anything quiet like it. Tell me, child; when did these first start appearing?"

"I--I don't know. A long time ago. I've had them for a long time."

"Take off the jacket, child; I can't perform a proper examination if all these Taint lines are covered up."

Janice ignored his demands. "I want to go."

"I'm afraid you can't do that, child; we're not quite through with you yet."

"I want to go."

"No." The doctor turned to an assistant. "Bring me Asset B."

The assistant nodded and retreated into a side room. The doctor turned back to Janice, who had stood up while his back was turned. He glared at her. "If you cannot sit still, then I'll make you sit still. Guards!"

The guards grabbed her, and Janice yelped, trying to pull herself from their grip. They pushed her onto the table, taking off her jacket and tying down her now-bare arms. She tried kicking at the doctor, but they tied down her ankles as well.

"Cadenza!" She yelled. "Cadenza, help!"

@Condensation

"Janice! What's happening? Let me in!" Cadenza tried the doorknob.

7 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"Janice! What's happening? Let me in!" Cadenza tried the doorknob.

"Help!" She cried out again as the doorknob rattled but didn't open.

The assistant returned with a curved slab of metal. He wore a pair of gloves to hold it, and dropped it on a table beside the doctor as soon as he could before retreating away. The doctor picked it up without any reservation, examining it.

"See, Janice, this is a piece of pure Qhoral designed after the manner of the ring Kraeos. Perhaps you have noticed that the voices in your head have grown louder as Kraeos becomes Voltaic?"

"What are you talking about? Let me go!"

"Oh, you poor thing; your life has derived you of education, hasn't it? Don't worry; your contributions will let us help those like you in the future."

"LET ME GO!"

"Do let me know how this affects you? I need accurate evidence for my studies."

The doctor held the slab above Janice's arm, and she started screaming.

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Help!" She cried out again as the doorknob rattled but didn't open.

The assistant returned with a curved slab of metal. He wore a pair of gloves to hold it, and dropped it on a table beside the doctor as soon as he could before retreating away. The doctor picked it up without any reservation, examining it.

"See, Janice, this is a piece of pure Qhoral designed after the manner of the ring Kraeos. Perhaps you have noticed that the voices in your head have grown louder as Kraeos becomes Voltaic?"

"What are you talking about? Let me go!"

"Oh, you poor thing; your life has derived you of education, hasn't it? Don't worry; your contributions will let us help those like you in the future."

"LET ME GO!"

"Do let me know how this affects you? I need accurate evidence for my studies."

The doctor held the slab above Janice's arm, and she started screaming.

Get wrecked! We're on a carrier, which is on the ocean.

Cadenza grew more panicked as she heard Janice screaming, and she pulled out her hilts. "Let me in or I'll break down the door!" Internally, she wasn't sure if she could break down the door, but she would try if they didn't let her in.

"Fascinating!" The doctor said, completely undisturbed by Janice's screams. "So the Queen can cause you pain? Why? Could it be your Aspect?"

Janice thrashed on the table, trying to pull her arm away from the slab of metal, body covered in sweat. "STOP IT!! STOP IT!!"

The doctor touched the metal to one of her Traces, and where Janice thought she was in pain before she could now only wish for. Her screams became one long, sustained peal of agony. Her body strained upwards against the bonds, but she could not move from her table.

The doctor eventually removed the slab from her Trace. She collapsed back down onto the table, crying, screaming, and begging for release.

12 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Cadenza grew more panicked as she heard Janice screaming, and she pulled out her hilts. "Let me in or I'll break down the door!" Internally, she wasn't sure if she could break down the door, but she would try if they didn't let her in.

"Go silence that child! I need to think." The doctor hissed at the guards.

One of the guards--the only one who wasn't staring in shock and terror at the screaming young girl--threw open the door and leveled a gun at Cadenza's head.

Give 'im heck, Connie.

1 minute ago, I Am A Fish said:

Also Fadran, should I let this play out, or can Quin interevene?

Feel free to do whatever, now.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Fascinating!" The doctor said, completely undisturbed by Janice's screams. "So the Queen can cause you pain? Why? Could it be your Aspect?"

Janice thrashed on the table, trying to pull her arm away from the slab of metal, body covered in sweat. "STOP IT!! STOP IT!!"

The doctor touched the metal to one of her Traces, and where Janice thought she was in pain before she could now only wish for. Her screams became one long, sustained peal of agony. Her body strained upwards against the bonds, but she could not move from her table.

The doctor eventually removed the slab from her Trace. She collapsed back down onto the table, crying, screaming, and begging for release.

"Go silence that child! I need to think." The doctor hissed at the guards.

One of the guards--the only one who wasn't staring in shock and terror at the screaming young girl--threw open the door and leveled a gun at Cadenza's head.

*smiles deviously*

Cadenza loves this part.

Cadenza brought her ice swords around from either direction, one aimed at the gun and one aimed to knock out the guard.

Just now, Condensation said:

Cadenza brought her ice swords around from either direction, one aimed at the gun and one aimed to knock out the guard.

The guard wasn't expecting a child to knock a gun out of his hand with an ice sword. The other sword struck him in the head, knocking him unconscious.

"No!" The doctor yelled, turning towards the commotion. Janice gasped for air for the brief moment that the slab was taken away from her arm. "No, stop her!" He turned back to Janice and resumed his work; the screaming continued.

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

The guard wasn't expecting a child to knock a gun out of his hand with an ice sword. The other sword struck him in the head, knocking him unconscious.

"No!" The doctor yelled, turning towards the commotion. Janice gasped for air for the brief moment that the slab was taken away from her arm. "No, stop her!" He turned back to Janice and resumed his work; the screaming continued.

Cadenza ran toward Janice, who was attached to a metal slab with a doctor hovering over her. The doctor had a curved piece of metal, which was obviously hurting Janice. Okay, that's what I need to get. She sent a spear of ice toward the piece of meta.

Cadenza ran toward Janice, who was attached to a metal slab with a doctor hovering over her. The doctor had a curved piece of metal, which was obviously hurting Janice. Okay, that's what I need to get. She sent a spear of ice toward the piece of meta.

The doctor yelped as the metal was knocked out of his hand. "Do you have any idea how much that thing cost???"

"Cadenza!" Janice screamed. The pain was gone; this scream was of relief.

The doctor yelped as the metal was knocked out of his hand. "Do you have any idea how much that thing cost???"

"Cadenza!" Janice screamed. The pain was gone; this scream was of relief.

Guards?

Cadenza ran over to Janice. "Are you okay?" She started sawing at one of the (restraints?) holding Janice to the metal slab with a jagged piece of ice.

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

Cadenza ran over to Janice. "Are you okay?" She started sawing at one of the (restraints?) holding Janice to the metal slab with a jagged piece of ice.

The rope cut easily under the sharp edge. The moment Janice was free, she toppled off the table and onto the floor, shivering from trauma and the layer of sweat that stuck her shirt to her body.

The guards snapped out of their shock, each fumbling for their weapon.

The rope cut easily under the sharp edge. The moment Janice was free, she toppled off the table and onto the floor, shivering from trauma and the layer of sweat that stuck her shirt to her body.

The guards snapped out of their shock, each fumbling for their weapon.

"Janice, we should probably get out of here. I've got plenty of ice, but I don't want you anywhere near these guys." Cadenza glared at the guards.

"Janice, we should probably get out of here. I've got plenty of ice, but I don't want you anywhere near these guys." Cadenza glared at the guards.

Janice can only shiver, barely nodding.

A few feet away, the doctor grabs the metal slab, but pales slightly when he sees Cadenza standing next to her. He looks around himself for a weapon, then snatches the jacket he took from Janice and pulls something out of it. He stares at it for a few seconds.

The assistant pokes his head out from behind a box, staring at the item the doctor had grabbed. "Is that what I think it is?"

"He--hey!" Janice manages, pointing at what the doctor had grabbed; her dagger. "That's mine!"

@Negative_Null @I Am A Fish

Janice can only shiver, barely nodding.

A few feet away, the doctor grabs the metal slab, but pales slightly when he sees Cadenza standing next to her. He looks around himself for a weapon, then snatches the jacket he took from Janice and pulls something out of it. He stares at it for a few seconds.

The assistant pokes his head out from behind a box, staring at the item the doctor had grabbed. "Is that what I think it is?"

"He--hey!" Janice manages, pointing at what the doctor had grabbed; her dagger. "That's mine!"

@Negative_Null @I Am A Fish

"Give that back! The jacket, too!"