Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

2 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

Time skips

Medrano wakes everyone in the ship up. "We're nearing the coordinates we intercepted. Everyone who's going into Talongarde, get ready to drop in."

2 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

"This jet has some illusory technology. The safest and stealthiest way in will be from above"

Eric nods and stands up.

1 hour ago, Vapor said:

Eric stares out the window and judges the distance. "We better hurry. When should we jump?"

"Just a few moments"

1 hour ago, Wind said:

27 finds a potted plant and runs with blurring speed to Jay. “Now lemme see that leg.” @Negative_Null

Jay sticks out his leg, slightly perplexed.

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I... do not like heights."

Medrabo shrugs. "Sorry"

Jay reaches over to comfort her. "It's all right, I'll be with you. It's as safe as you can be"

On 11/24/2020 at 5:57 PM, Negative_Null said:

Jay's scroll beeps and he smiles. "Looks like our ride is here, gang"

Overhead, a jet touches starts circling the group.

Wow, this is impressive. Y'all have been talkative. :)

Also, she doesn't mean it. She's just kidding around. If bad things happened, she'd save everyone she could.

Cadenza smirks. "Well, I'll be fine. And so will Janice, since I'm obviously helping her. The rest of you can fend for yourselves."

1 hour ago, Negative_Null said:

Jay sticks out his leg, slightly perplexed.

27 touches the plant and draws energy from it, the plant withers to a husk. 27 transfers the energy into Jay’s leg. “It isn’t fully healed but I did what I could with only a plant, you should be able to walk fine just don’t kick anything.” Death said in his calm voice.

39 minutes ago, Wind said:

27 touches the plant and draws energy from it, the plant withers to a husk. 27 transfers the energy into Jay’s leg. “It isn’t fully healed but I did what I could with only a plant, you should be able to walk fine just don’t kick anything.” Death said in his calm voice.

"Got it"

Jay steps to the door of the plan. "Want me to carry you down, Janice? Or do you think you can land safely?"

34 minutes ago, Ookla the Hemalurgic Pinto said:

“Can we jump now?”

"Just a moment"

The plane dips below the clouds and the island of Talongarde comes into view. It's hovering about 500 feet above the ocean waves thanks to the enormous crystals protruding from the base. The top of the island is covered in small aircraft, armaments, and concrete buildings surrounded by soldiers barely visible from all the way up here.

Medrano turns to us. "Somehow, Talon engineers have fitted an engine of sorts to the bottom of Talongarde, feeding off the Impulse qhoral keeping it aloft. If we can sabotage that, the whole island should crash into the waves, crippling their war effort with minimal casualties to actual lives."

Jay nods and steps to the door that just opened. "Ready to drop"

11 minutes ago, 00kla said:

"Just a moment"

The plane dips below the clouds and the island of Talongarde comes into view. It's hovering about 500 feet above the ocean waves thanks to the enormous crystals protruding from the base. The top of the island is covered in small aircraft, armaments, and concrete buildings surrounded by soldiers barely visible from all the way up here.

Medrano turns to us. "Somehow, Talon engineers have fitted an engine of sorts to the bottom of Talongarde, feeding off the Impulse qhoral keeping it aloft. If we can sabotage that, the whole island should crash into the waves, crippling their war effort with minimal casualties to actual lives."

Jay nods and steps to the door that just opened. "Ready to drop"

I'm assuming we all got parachutes?

Just now, Ookla the Channelknight said:

I'm assuming we all got parachutes?

Ha, parachutes are for people that can't reasonably expect to fall out of airplanes and survive. But if you ask I'm sure you'll either get one or someone can help you down. Janice doesn't have a great way to land, and come to think of it, Lloyd doesn't have anything amazing either.

Because Dusters so often have to travel quickly, a lot of highly trained Dusters have ways to move in ways that they probably shouldn't be able to, like fighting gravity. On the simple side of things, Impulse qhoral cartridges, when fired, have enough force to propel someone slightly upward, slowing a fall like this considerably. On the more complex side of things, Jay can use force shoves to slow himself down in the air. I have other characters who can use different ways to stop their momentum safely, or just to not take damage when they hit the ground. Some Dusters can just fly, like Sophie behind you.

If you've seen RWBY, this is one element we kept just because it's cool

39 minutes ago, 00kla said:

Ha, parachutes are for people that can't reasonably expect to fall out of airplanes and survive. But if you ask I'm sure you'll either get one or someone can help you down. Janice doesn't have a great way to land, and come to think of it, Lloyd doesn't have anything amazing either.

Because Dusters so often have to travel quickly, a lot of highly trained Dusters have ways to move in ways that they probably shouldn't be able to, like fighting gravity. On the simple side of things, Impulse qhoral cartridges, when fired, have enough force to propel someone slightly upward, slowing a fall like this considerably. On the more complex side of things, Jay can use force shoves to slow himself down in the air. I have other characters who can use different ways to stop their momentum safely, or just to not take damage when they hit the ground. Some Dusters can just fly, like Sophie behind you.

If you've seen RWBY, this is one element we kept just because it's cool

I see. I'll just use the qhoral thing...

Janice takes one of the cartridges, taking a deep breath. "I... can someone push me, or something?"

@00kla

Edited by Ookla the Channelknight