7 minutes ago, The cheeseman said:

It is with great pleasure that I announce: I am no longer a single pringle. My time in this guild has been good, but I must now take my leave.

Goodbye

Farewell friend.

I have decided to join this in your place. You will be greatly missed. 

Oh… and I’m here because I’m lonely and just got left on read three times in 2 weeks. As in I texted him 3 times and he read all of them but hasn’t responded. Help, this is not the romance novel plot twist I was looking for. 

21 minutes ago, The cheeseman said:

It is with great pleasure that I announce: I am no longer a single pringle. My time in this guild has been good, but I must now take my leave.

Goodbye

Ooooohhhh. Welcome to the club :P.

12 minutes ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

Farewell friend.

I have decided to join this in your place. You will be greatly missed. 

Oh… and I’m here because I’m lonely and just got left on read three times in 2 weeks. As in I texted him 3 times and he read all of them but hasn’t responded. Help, this is not the romance novel plot twist I was looking for. 

You'll get the romance you're looking for yet.

22 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

I'm sure you will, if you want to.

*grins* not yet- not for a good while yet. I'm waiting till I actually find someone I like and when it feels like its time. I've found people I like in a romantic way, but... it's never seemed like the right time. 

5 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

*grins* not yet- not for a good while yet. I'm waiting till I actually find someone I like and when it feels like its time. I've found people I like in a romantic way, but... it's never seemed like the right time. 

Of course. If and when you want to, and you feel ready. I personally hate the idea that by a certain age people are somehow expected to be in a romantic relationship.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist
"it feels ready?" what is wrong with me

As far as I can tell, I've never been romantically attracted to anyone in my life. But at the same time, I still wonder whether I'd like to be? Because people describe it as such an amazing experience or whatever and I can't help but wonder if I'm missing out on something crucial to the human experience by not having those feelings or inclinations.

17 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

As far as I can tell, I've never been romantically attracted to anyone in my life. But at the same time, I still wonder whether I'd like to be? Because people describe it as such an amazing experience or whatever and I can't help but wonder if I'm missing out on something crucial to the human experience by not having those feelings or inclinations.

I assure you that everyone, at some point, feel those emotions. It might take a long while, but you'll meet someone who gets you and who you feel that way towards.

5 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

I assure you that everyone, at some point, feel those emotions. It might take a long while, but you'll meet someone who gets you and who you feel that way towards.

Have you heard of the term aromantic?

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

I have, and I get that. I understand the feeling that people may think they don't have romantic feelings at all.

But... well... hurm...

I wanna be respectful on here, so I will not proceed with what I was going to say, merely because people could misinterpret it or I could offend someone.

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

it means someone who wants to be a single pringle basically

9 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Unfortunatly, I don't think this is true

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

I have, and I get that. I understand the feeling that people may think they don't have romantic feelings at all.

But... well... hurm...

I wanna be respectful on here, so I will not proceed with what I was going to say, merely because people could misinterpret it or I could offend someone.

Some people ignore them. Its not alwAys

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

But... well... hurm...

I assure you that there are absolutely people who do not feel romantic attraction for other people at any point in their lives. It is not a lack of emotional awareness, or late development or something. It is a thing that happens.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

I assure you that there are absolutely people who do not feel romantic attraction for other people at any point in their lives. It is not a lack of emotional awareness, or late development or something. It is a thing that happens.

True. In this life. 

If I were to proceed in talking about my belief in this, it would turn super religion focused and all that spiritual stuff... which idk if you want to hear about at all.

True. In this life. 

If I were to proceed in talking about my belief in this, it would turn super religion focused and all that spiritual stuff... which idk if you want to hear about at all.

Are you suggesting the idea of feeling those things in a future life or in the afterlife?

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Are you suggesting the idea of feeling those things in a future life or in the afterlife?

Yes. Yes I am. That is a good part of it. Not all of what I would say, but a good portion of it... though the other part may be insulting so I will keep that part out of this conversation.

Yes. Yes I am. That is a good part of it. Not all of what I would say, but a good portion of it... though the other part may be insulting so I will keep that part out of this conversation.

Would it be better to rephrase it into: "Some people don't feel emotional attraction in their current life"? I really don't want this to escalate into a religion or emotion arguement, since this is probably not the place to do this

8 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

If you are able, I would like to talk to you about the other parts because it's probably best not to hide away beliefs that you know could be actively insulting when there could be a more productive way of thinking... Maybe in a PM.

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

Would it be better to rephrase it into: "Some people don't feel emotional attraction in their current life"? I really don't want this to escalate into a religion or emotion arguement, since this is probably not the place to do this

I agree, I should've stated it that way, I'm just a little preoccupied and was dancing around what phrase I should use.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

If you are able, I would like to talk to you about the other parts because it's probably best not to hide away beliefs that you know could be actively insulting when there could be a more productive way of thinking... Maybe in a PM.

That would be fine. Just, if you want to talk about it, know that you asked me to tell you it when I was saying that I would rather not offend people. I want to be respectful, but I also would like to be free with my beliefs as you said. I've just been trying to not start any arguments on here, especially in regards to sensitive issues. If you could send me the PM, I'll send you a response in a few minutes, I'm going to be involved with decorating for something that's happening tonight.

Oh I’ve felt romantic attraction, but something about this time in my life doesn’t seem right. I could want it desperately but I don’t really see it being the right time. I mean I’ve been the same person since I was young. I’ve simply matured enough to express myself and be self conscious of myself. I mean people think I’m 3 years older than I am all the time and my family even recognizes my mental age is much higher than my actual age, but that’s basically saying “You got depressed faster than most.” But even if I feel ready I feel I need to figure out myself. 
Some people say you need to find yourself before you date, but I don’t believe that. I think you need to see who are now and look at who you want to be and as you are walking in that direction find someone who is walking at the same pace you are for the same goal. 
Does that make sense?

2 hours ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

Oh I’ve felt romantic attraction, but something about this time in my life doesn’t seem right. I could want it desperately but I don’t really see it being the right time. I mean I’ve been the same person since I was young. I’ve simply matured enough to express myself and be self conscious of myself. I mean people think I’m 3 years older than I am all the time and my family even recognizes my mental age is much higher than my actual age, but that’s basically saying “You got depressed faster than most.” But even if I feel ready I feel I need to figure out myself. 
Some people say you need to find yourself before you date, but I don’t believe that. I think you need to see who are now and look at who you want to be and as you are walking in that direction find someone who is walking at the same pace you are for the same goal. 
Does that make sense?

Yes. It does make sense, and I agree.

I love your assertion that as your mental age increases, so does your level sadness. It really does feel too true. If life is a journey, experiences are for while you walk it, not when you've traversed and investigated every crevice. To move a direction is to learn, and part of a journey is learning and growing more. Obviously, we should make sure that we are responsible before making long term, important decisions, but I do feel like we should make decisions before the end of the adventure. Additionally, I believe that having a companion can help us greatly to improve and become much more than we could have become otherwise.