Neon Reads The Wheel of Time

aneonfoxtribute

Well I didnt even remember there was foul play, so figuring out who actually killed him is entirely different. Though I was told something on the Discord that I think someone got too hasty in explaining and explained way too early and that could well be connected. 

Spoiler

I was told that Galad was Rand's half brother, which means he killed Rand's father. It would not surprise me if it turned out he killed his own father too.

2 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Well I didnt even remember there was foul play, so figuring out who actually killed him is entirely different. Though I was told something on the Discord that I think someone got too hasty in explaining and explained way too early and that could well be connected. 

Hide contents

I was told that Galad was Rand's half brother, which means he killed Rand's father. It would not surprise me if it turned out he killed his own father too.

pretty sure it wasn't Galad who killed Rand's father, not sure where you are getting that from

On 1/21/2021 at 2:19 PM, aneonfoxtribute said:

Well, 

Reveal hidden contents

I was told that Galad was Rand's half brother, and Rand's half brother killed Rand's father. 

1/2 Correct.

On 1/21/2021 at 2:41 PM, Dunkum said:

someone told you wrong.

^Correct.

A full explanation, this is a spoiler, though not a particularly relevant one storywise. With good detective work this can be figured out by roughly the end of Book 4:

Janduin (Rand's father) was killed by Luc Mantear (Rand & Galad's Biological uncle on their mother's side; Tigraine's brother) 

Edited by The Sovereign

On 1/23/2021 at 3:42 PM, aneonfoxtribute said:
Gareth Bryne has shot up a lot in how much I like him in just one scene. Very nice.

The man is a treasure. He is up there with Furyk Karede and Silviana Brehon for my favorite secondary characters.

Edited by The Sovereign

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Oh. Damn. Did not expect Couladin to die offscreen. 

2 hours ago, Nuatoma said:

I just recently read this book too, and yeah, I was kind of disappointed we didn't see this happen.

Not to spoil things but in the greater context of the story this ends up being a smart decision; Couladin is just not all that important... Sevanna is a bigger fish. Even then... meh...

• 2 weeks later...