Crystellation

Condensation

It felt like it had been hours, but in all likelihoods it had only been a few minutes. Chorale looked up as the Amal from before entered the room, the cobra leading the way. They unlocked her chains and she brought her hands together, rubbing her wrists.

As they led her out of the room, Chorale looked to either side and bolted in the direction of the stairway. Before she could take three steps, a rhino Amal stepped in front of her, increasing in size until he blocked the entire hallway. She slammed into him, the cobra Amal grabbing her by the arms and pulling her back. As she turned around, Chorale saw that the rest of the Amal had grouped on the other side of the hallway, weapons raised in fighting stances. The cobra shoved Chorale's arms behind her back and led her past the rhino, who had become smaller. The rest of the Amal surrounded Chorale.

They went into the street and entered a large building that must have been the town hall before the settlement was abandoned. She was shoved into a dark room where she saw an oddly patterned leopard chained by one leg to the floor, its amber eyes glinting maliciously. She set her jaw and spoke, assuming Concerto would be there. "You do realize that the Amal transformation has to be willing."

Concerto, who was hidden in the shadows, replied. "Yes, I'm aware. It will be, don't worry."

"How is that going to work? I would rather die than become one of your Amal cronies."

Concerto skulked out of the shadows, smiling. "If you could wait just a moment, you'd see."

@Channelknight Fadran

Aerith is leverage. Would you like to post this?

2 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Um, just have Amal coming to get you and taking you to a room where Concerto, Chorale, and an amber-eyed clouded leopard are.

K, gotcha.

A burly-looking elephant Amal--the kind of which Aerith had only seen twice in his life, so this was actually kinda exciting--grabbed him and started dragging him outside the cell.

"Hey! I can walk." Aerith protested, to no avail.

After a minute of awkwardly hopping along to the Amal's mindless drag, he was tossed into a room. He first saw Chorale, but then his eyes turned to another Amal as well as someone who looked kind of similar to the kid; a brother, perhaps?

"Alright... commence the interrogation, then. Don't bother with the introductions; I'll catch on quick."

Kade watched as the elephant dragged Aerith away, then decided to follow him.

Concerto had been spending a lot of time away from his leadership duties recently. A mistake he'd regret.

Maybe there was a big reveal to be made though.

Kade would find out soon enough.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

A burly-looking elephant Amal--the kind of which Aerith had only seen twice in his life, so this was actually kinda exciting--grabbed him and started dragging him outside the cell.

"Hey! I can walk." Aerith protested, to no avail.

After a minute of awkwardly hopping along to the Amal's mindless drag, he was tossed into a room. He first saw Chorale, but then his eyes turned to another Amal as well as someone who looked kind of similar to the kid; a brother, perhaps?

"Alright... commence the interrogation, then. Don't bother with the introductions; I'll catch on quick."

Chorale looked at the commotion, it was Aerith. She knew Concerto's plan now, and it was a better plan than he thought. She looked back at the shadows where Concerto lurked, trying to bluff it out. "This soldier? This is your leverage against me?" She chuckled slightly nervously.

"Yes," said Concerto, his voice a purr. "This is the leverage. Bond with the leopard or I'll kill him."

Chorale glanced at Aerith, torn. "So what? I barely met him a couple days ago!"

2 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Chorale looked at the commotion, it was Aerith. She knew Concerto's plan now, and it was a better plan than he thought. She looked back at the shadows where Concerto lurked, trying to bluff it out. "This soldier? This is your leverage against me?" She chuckled slightly nervously.

"Yes," said Concerto, his voice a purr. "This is the leverage. Bond with the leopard or I'll kill him."

Chorale glanced at Aerith, torn. "So what? I barely met him a couple days ago!"

"You can kill me all you want, but... oh. Wait."

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"You can kill me all you want, but... oh. Wait."

Concerto chuckled. "So you're saying that you wouldn't care if I killed him, say, right now?"

Chorale stole a look at the leopard. No, you can't possibly be--but it could save him... "No," she said, her voice growing just a bit shaky.

Concerto skulked from the shadows over to Aerith. "You're sure?" He unsheathed his claws.

Just now, Condensation said:

Concerto chuckled. "So you're saying that you wouldn't care if I killed him, say, right now?"

Chorale stole a look at the leopard. No, you can't possibly be--but it could save him... "No," she said, her voice growing just a bit shaky.

Concerto skulked from the shadows over to Aerith. "You're sure?" He unsheathed his claws.

"I mean, I would certainly prefer it if you didn't kill me, but... what is it that you want her to do?"

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I mean, I would certainly prefer it if you didn't kill me, but... what is it that you want her to do?"

"All she has to do is bond with that leopard and I promise I'll let you go."

Chorale's eyes were darting between Aerith, the leopard, and Concerto. As Concerto neared Aerith, she stepped forward. "Wait! I'll do it."

"Good." Concerto sheathed his claws. "Go ahead," he said, motioning to the leopard.

Edited by Condensation

3 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"All she has to do is bond with that leopard and I promise I'll let you go."

Chorale's eyes were darting between Aerith, the leopard, and Concerto. As Concerto neared Aerith, she stepped forward. "Wait! I'll do it."

"Good." Concerto sheathed his claws. "Go ahead," he said, motioning to the leopard.

"Hey, wait! No, you're not. Nobody makes the kid do things she doesn't want to do except me."

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Hey, wait! No, you're not. Nobody makes the kid do things she doesn't want to do except me."

"I mean, technically this is still you, right?" Chorale said, trying to keep her emotions in check. She turned and walked toward the leopard, then knelt and laid her hand on its head. They began to blur, the silhouette shrinking until it solidified and Chorale was left kneeling next to an empty manacle.

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

"I mean, technically this is still you, right?" Chorale said, trying to keep her emotions in check. She turned and walked toward the leopard, then knelt and laid her hand on its head. They began to blur, the silhouette shrinking until it solidified and Chorale was left kneeling next to an empty manacle.

Aerith knit his brow, frowning. "Are you... alright?"

10 minutes ago, TheWard'sGuard said:

Ok. 

Krait nods. "May our paths one day cross again." She turns around a briskly and walks down the street, heading in the general direction of the mayor's house. Once she gets a few blocks away, she stops at a seemingly random door and knows twice in quick succession.

48 minutes ago, Experience said:

Krait nods. "May our paths one day cross again." She turns around a briskly and walks down the street, heading in the general direction of the mayor's house. Once she gets a few blocks away, she stops at a seemingly random door and knows twice in quick succession.

Character: Borodin
Eyes: Purple (Illusions)
Attributes: Wavy blonde hair, tall, pale, terrible eyesight (nearsighted / can't see things too far in the distance)
Region: Ocean
Backstory: Grew up in a family that placed heavy importance on fishing / but wanted to be scholar and learn about the world / he left family to pursue interests

Random Tidbits: Loves learning / reading + learning about other cultures / musical (idk if they would have music in this world) / Mostly a loner / hasn't found many others that share his goals yet
Personality: A little awkward / learned a lot from books / very curious

Borodin sighed, annoyed at the interruption. He had been at a particularly captivating part of his novel. He lethargically climbed out of his soft reading chair, stretched his limbs, and walked over to open the door. "Hello, there!" he said. "How may I assist you?"

The figure who was Chorale slowly looked up, her silvery white eyes seeming to glow in the dim light. She got to her feet, inspecting her hands as they changed, claws elongating from her fingers. "This--this is good," she said in a gravelly voice. "This is not what I had before, but it is good." Then she seemed to shrink, and she raised her hands to her head, screwing up her eyes. "No--wait!" she yelled, and fell silent.

Chorale looked up, her eyes horrified. She couldn't speak, she was paralyzed by what had just happened. Then a new voice spoke in her consciousness, a voice that sounded like it was chewing rocks. Greetings, strong one. Chorale looked deeper inside herself and noticed a new consciousness sharing her head, one that had the vague feeling of the leopard from earlier. H-hello? she sent. Who are you? The voice, sounding amused, said, Maybe not so strong as I thought. I am she called Vivace, and you are Chorale. We are entwined, and as one, we will reclaim this planet for the rightful owners. But the Amal aren't the rightful owners, thought Chorale. The humans were here before! Ah yes, but it was always meant for us. We belong here. May I show you? Then Chorale and Vivace fell into a whirlpool of images until it settled on one.

Unknown to Chorale, she had backed herself into the shadowed wall with her hands against her head, shaking it as her subconscious tried to reject the intruder.