Sharder Memes!

Frustration

33 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

Well, you can meme that. I, personally, am having trouble with finding the proper template.

Also, to be honest, it's a constant of the forum: due to the Law of Degrading Activity, most of the time the most active users you'll see are also the newest members. I still remember how when I joined there was a specific group of people who were (to my eyes) the "famous" Sharders, and half of them joined just a couple of months before I did.

There are exceptions, like mods and TwyLightSanSparkle or veteran users returning to activity, but in general it seems to work this way.

This has just been your latest episode of "Wisdom of the Elders: I can say that because I have three years of seniority"! Thank you for reading.

(Note: I'm far from an actual veteran.)

Can confirm on this. The really prevalent Sharders have been inactive on here for a bit, and a lot of the 'famous' ones from when I joined are now pretty silent. I guess the dopamine hits wear off and you find other things to do in addition to the shard. 

8 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Can confirm on this. The really prevalent Sharders have been inactive on here for a bit, and a lot of the 'famous' ones from when I joined are now pretty silent. I guess the dopamine hits wear off and you find other things to do in addition to the shard. 

yeah, like I haven't seen Wiz in forever. I rarely see Bookwyrm, I don't see Insa, Frustration hasn't been here in a long time, etc.

The weird part for me is, I know all of the people you've mentioned. One of them is not like the others.

Frustration defied the Law of Degrading Activity for too long. It's about time that he paid his dues, but it's also his duty to frustrate everyone, so... shrug.

No, Frusty just left on his mission. He'll be back in like a year or so.

By like three or four years of being on here, about 75-90% of people leave. Fadran fulfilled that to the letter. Bro left on his fourth shardiversary. Most of the people who joined around when I did are either gone or just posting a lot less (Ie calano and elf are still posting every now and then, just not in threads typically.) Even the 2022 batch has begun to fade away.

35 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

By like three or four years of being on here, about 75-90% of people leave. Fadran fulfilled that to the letter. Bro left on his fourth shardiversary. Most of the people who joined around when I did are either gone or just posting a lot less (Ie calano and elf are still posting every now and then, just not in threads typically.) Even the 2022 batch has begun to fade away.

Frusty is on his mission!!!? How did I not know this?

12 minutes ago, Immortal Platypus said:

Frusty is on his mission!!!? How did I not know this?

XD he is on his mission! Go check his profile.

5 minutes ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

Im still here! 

life is just a little crazy tho sooo

Life is crazy. I'm surprised I'm still here myself-

Also, I glanced at your signature and I have just lost the game-

13 minutes ago, The Bald Brandon said:

And some of us just start only posting on SE. It's kind of the old folks home of the shard. Lots of early joiners there.

I will probably join there eventually, but not yet :P too much TLT for now... IF THAID WILL EVER POST!

1 hour ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

WHAT HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS

36 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Also, I glanced at your signature and I have just lost the game-

grr

5 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Hey, I was going to yesterday, but I had a baseball game to go watch. Gotta support the home team, ya know.

Baseball is the best sport!

I'm newer than peeps like Thaid, and even then, most of the people I saw posting then are inactive. Heck, I'm inactive by my definition.

1 minute ago, Lego Mistborn said:

Baseball is the best sport!

I'm newer than peeps like Thaid, and even then, most of the people I saw posting then are inactive. Heck, I'm inactive by my definition.

Yeah! It's pretty great. I can't decide if it or basketball is better lol. I like watching both and playing basketball (I haven't played baseball in so long lol).

A lot of those who were posting have just been goin'. It's sad, but understandable. Loads of them just vanished one day. A few of the older folks have been resurfacing lately tho. Luna came back (I haven't seen them in a moment tho) and Oreo hopped back on with a new account.

A lot of great people just up and disappear without a warning, unfortunately. Either they died, got teleported to another dimension or were kidnapped by me-

Wait, did I say that outloud?

5 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

@Immortal Platypus

Hide contents

image.png.2f8c5883cbe4507c3e04881670f2887a.png

insneed

30 minutes ago, Lego Mistborn said:

Baseball is for sure way better. Plays are so much more creative, etc. Basketball is much less interesting

I do enjoy March madness... they are very different sports, that's for sure

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

image.png.834860dc71770c37d574bea0c361ebda.png

XD

TLT is everything and nothing.

(but not everyone (personified) or everyone (unpersonified)  or someone, someone else, somebody, nobody, no one, nowhere, nowhere else, anyone, anyone else, etc., etc etc. and So On)