The Fellowship of the Thing-Other Stories

Negative_Null

14 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Yes, and also tags don't work in quotes but they do in spoiler boxes. It's so that if you quote something with a tag, it won't tag the person twice.

Yeah, I know :P that's why I did it twice.

Also, gone since Monday isn't a terribly long time to go inactive.

Edited by xinoehp512

I guess I'll post to let you post your thing.

Ashley burst threw the doorway just in time to see the doors to the stairwell swinging shut. She ran to follow, but when she got to the doors, she found them locked. She pulled out her key and flashed it against the pad by the side of the door, but - somewhat unsurprisingly - nothing happened. She muttered something under her breath. Well, at least they had explosives.

1 hour ago, Condensation said:

Andante leveled her arm at the monster, staring it in the eyes. "Fire!" she yelled, and a burst of fire spiralled out of her palm directly at the monster.

The fire roared over the creature's scales, but didn't seem to have any effect. The green seemed to be... repelling it, somehow. 

10 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Good question.

...yes it is indeed. Especially if I need to know/decide whether the rod can pierce through the scales. Or hold the monster back. Or if the whole thing will crumple like a tin can when the monster puts its weight on it. ugUsb1t.png

What is Ayia's current goal with the rod? The last I recall she was stabbing (?) it with the rod. There's plenty of room in the lab; if the rod freezes in place in the center of the room, the monster could fairly easily maneuver around it.

Edited by xinoehp512

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

...yes it is indeed. Especially if I need to know/decide whether the rod can pierce through the scales. Or hold the monster back. Or if the whole thing will crumple like a tin can when the monster puts its weight on it. ugUsb1t.png

What is Ayia's current goal with the rod? The last I recall she was stabbing (?) it with the rod. There's plenty of room in the lab; if the rod freezes in place in the center of the room, the monster could fairly easily maneuver around it.

She's currently freezing it in place while it's jammed into the monster's back to hold it in place. I haven't really determined the logistics of Stabalizing.

Ah, I see. I think.

12 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Ayia Stabalizes the rod; maybe that would keep the monster still.

The monster shifts its weight to slide out from under the rod.

Ashley appears in the door at the other end of the hallway, watching the two fight.

"Try stabbing it in its eyes," she called out after a few moments. "The green is its strong point- everything else should be pretty weak."

56 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The monster shifts its weight to slide out from under the rod.

Ashley appears in the door at the other end of the hallway, watching the two fight.

"Try stabbing it in its eyes," she called out after a few moments. "The green is its strong point- everything else should be pretty weak."

"That would've been great to know... fifteen seconds ago!" Ayia shouted. She kept her grasp on the Stable rod, then pulled a knife out of seemingly nowhere and stabbed for the monster's eye.