The Fellowship of the Thing-Other Stories

Negative_Null

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

Now Andante screamed.

Ayia cast a short Line to give them some forward momentum, then pulled a rod out of seemingly nowhere. She let go of Andante, letting the constant speed of gravity keep the girl next to her as she fenangled with the rod, tying it into her boots. Then, she took Andante's hands in her own, Stabalized the rod, and swung around it in a full one-eighty. She tossed Andante into the air at the apex of this swing, unStabalizing the rod, dropped to the ground and caught Andante in her arms as the girl came down.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Ayia cast a short Line to give them some forward momentum, then pulled a rod out of seemingly nowhere. She let go of Andante, letting the constant speed of gravity keep the girl next to her as she fenangled with the rod, tying it into her boots. Then, she took Andante's hands in her own, Stabalized the rod, and swung around it in a full one-eighty. She tossed Andante into the air at the apex of this swing, unStabalizing the rod, dropped to the ground and caught Andante in her arms as the girl came down.

Andante shook her head. "Never again. Nope. Please put me down."

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"You sure? You don't have to teleport anywhere if you can skate along a metal wire that goes out of its way to stay underneath you."

"Yes, but I don't have to skate along a metal wire that goes out of its way to stay underneath me if I can teleport anywhere."

24 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Gak!" Rakushta says as he dashes after Ayia and Andante, who were leaving without him. Unfortunately, the blind beast has already blocked the path again. He curses very, very quietly. 

He pulls some cracklers out of his backpack very slowly and carefully. He lights them and then throws them over to the opposite side of the room, hopefully distracting it long enough to get by.

His design is successful in allowing him to escape.

"We need to go down," said Ashley. "The child ran down the stairs, but he locked the door behind him. Rakushta, could you blow it up?"

"Things went a little too fast for me to recover anything," replied Ashley. She sighed. "It looks like almost all of it was destroyed, anyways. The things I stored in this lab, that is - the things stored on the lower levels may still be intact. But that's not the only reason we need to go downstairs. None of my colleagues were able to escape; presumably, the dyrling that is the root cause of all this captured them and is keeping them somewhere."

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Things went a little too fast for me to recover anything," replied Ashley. She sighed. "It looks like almost all of it was destroyed, anyways. The things I stored in this lab, that is - the things stored on the lower levels may still be intact. But that's not the only reason we need to go downstairs. None of my colleagues were able to escape; presumably, the dyrling that is the root cause of all this captured them and is keeping them somewhere."

"We're going to need to come back and get that kid with a more capable force."

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Sel's not a who. Sel's a planet in a Universe not far from here. They have some... unique individuals who could help us."

"Okay. And those 'unique individuals' aren't busy doing other things? There's probably more important things they could be doing. No offence, Ashley."

8 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"Okay. And those 'unique individuals' aren't busy doing other things? There's probably more important things they could be doing. No offence, Ashley."

"Oh, don't worry. Fad's schedule is so convoluted that adding on one more side quest won't hurt him. Besides; the Fellowship's got people to spare. I imagine that after we win them that war of theirs, they'll split up to go do some different stuff. Some of them will go find this kid's girlfriend, some of the others will come with us, and one of them will hopefully flirt back for once."

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Oh, don't worry. Fad's schedule is so convoluted that adding on one more side quest won't hurt him. Besides; the Fellowship's got people to spare. I imagine that after we win them that war of theirs, they'll split up to go do some different stuff. Some of them will go find this kid's girlfriend, some of the others will com with us, and one of them will hopefully flirt back for once."

*laughing*

"Okay, then. What do you think, Ashley?"

2 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"Okay, then. What do you think, Ashley?"

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

"After what?" asked Ashely pointedly.

"Win them their war! Probably won't take very long; not to mention that the flow of time is a little wonky between Universes. Three seconds could be all that passes here while we spend two years on Sel."

22 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Win them their war! Probably won't take very long; not to mention that the flow of time is a little wonky between Universes. Three seconds could be all that passes here while we spend two years on Sel."

"Does that mean that time could be passing faster back on Earth?"