Hello, sharders

Vessel of Theory

Greetings from the realm of isolation, fellow cosmere fans! Hope we're all staying busy poring over every inch of Sanderson's beautiful works to keep our minds off of the crushing, terrible, mournful loneliness...(runs away to go cry in a corner)

I'm most interested(and think I'm most educated/well-versed) in discussions about the Stormlight Archive, specif. Odium and the Unmade and the Heralds and Odium's Champion. Also, I absolutely love theories, from any of the shardworlds.

1 minute ago, Falkir said:

I'm most interested(and think I'm most educated/well-versed) in discussions about the Stormlight Archive, specif. Odium and the Unmade and the Heralds and Odium's Champion. Also, I absolutely love theories, from any of the shardworlds.

Hello, and Welcome to the Shard!
Glad to have another join our ranks.

Who's your favorite Sanderson character?

3 minutes ago, Falkir said:

Greetings from the realm of isolation, fellow cosmere fans! Hope we're all staying busy poring over every inch of Sanderson's beautiful works to keep our minds off of the crushing, terrible, mournful loneliness...(runs away to go cry in a corner)

Well hello there. If you had to stick yourself in a room with either Odium, Autonomy, or Ruin, which would you pick?

That's... that's a very good, very hard question :)

I would have to say that my favorite character is Szeth(I'm sorry) because our thinking aligns(somewhat, not worrisome at all, just talking about prioritizing the "right thing" over all else). I'm really, really, really excited for that fifth book in SA to come out so we can see Szeth(do things, I guess). I'm also very excited for what strange theories I can make about the Shin... I've got this great Odium's Champion theory.

2 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

Well hello there. If you had to stick yourself in a room with either Odium, Autonomy, or Ruin, which would you pick?

I'm scared

Um

Probably Ruin. It could be really fun to witness Ruin doing stuff like changing words. Also, I don't know much(anything) about Autonomy

10 minutes ago, Falkir said:

Welcome! I agree, SA is the best. And Szeth is favorite character of a lot of us. Did you read all Sanderson works so far?

Just now, Emi said:

Welcome! I agree, SA is the best. And Szeth is favorite character of a lot of us. Did you read all Sanderson works so far?

No, I haven't read all of them. I've read all of SA so far(even RoW preview), Mistborn 1 and 2(not Eleventh Metal or Secret History, though I've read Secret History summary), Elantris, Warbreaker, and the Steelheart series(which isn't Cosmere, but whatever). I don't really want to read White Sand, but that's because I generally dislike graphic novels... If y'all think it's good, though, I'll definitely check it out.

15 minutes ago, Falkir said:

Well we're trying...

If you're looking for some theories, you've come to the right place, welcome to the Shard!

5 minutes ago, Honorless said:

Well we're trying...

If you're looking for some theories, you've come to the right place, welcome to the Shard!

I'm not sure if this is the right place for it, but if y'all want to check out my crazy Odium's Champion theory...

it's in the thread, near bottom, and no one is talking about it :(

Just now, Koloss17 said:

Greetings @Falkir ! I’m sad to hear about your loneliness. I hope this question will help.

If you were to employ the magic systems of the cosmere, what would you do to make sure you are lonely for the rest of eternity?

Hahaha, I love that :)

Nightblood's kinda of a solve-all for driving people away, but if the goal was loneliness, I'd probably just use Lightweaving to scare everyone away. That or the Midnight Essence, that stuff sounds downright spooky.

1 hour ago, Mist said:

Welcome to the Shard! What would you do if you discovered that Hemalurgy exists in our world? 

I would never, ever, ever wear earring or any other kind of piercing. I would campaign to spread the word. I would finally know the reason for global warming. I would probably go and cry, because Hemalurgy(and likely Ruin's presence) would be very, very scary. So, yeah, nothing too crazy.

Woah that is quite the powerful start there! Welcome to the Shard... uh... I hope.. do they accept welcomes from the realm of isolation? Hope we can make you slightly less lonely here if at all possible! :P

Awesome you are such an avid theory crafter. This is the perfect spot for that so hope you find many interesting discussions to be involved in! 

Very interesting Szeth is your favorite character as well! I do most definitely agree he has an interesting character arc tho so I'll be interested to check out that theory of yours at some point. Look forward to seeing you around!

Edited by Scout_Fox

On 10/23/2020 at 9:50 PM, Scout_Fox said:

Woah that is quite the powerful start there! Welcome to the Shard... uh... I hope.. do they accept welcomes from the realm of isolation? Hope we can make you slightly less lonely here if at all possible! :P

Awesome you are such an avid theory crafter. This is the perfect spot for that so hope you find many interesting discussions to be involved in! 

Very interesting Szeth is your favorite character as well! I do most definitely agree he has an interesting character arc tho so I'll be interested to check out that theory of yours at some point. Look forward to seeing your around!

Thankee kindly, O scout of the Foxes. Your greeting was much appreciated.

17th Shard has def helped with the loneliness of isolation, and it is so very wonderful to apply my Intent to the wonderful ideas found all over the shard, especially in the SA section. I've learned a lot, I feel, and will continue learning more. Definitely looking forward to talking to all of you lovely individuals(I think we're all individuals, are there any of us who are more gestalt entities?) more :)

Pleasure to be of service oh great Vessel of Theory, dost thou haveth any other desires for today of which I may be of use? :P

Lol, you're very welcome! I'm glad we have helped to repair the bridge back out of the realm of isolation! Bridges over 13 million mile chasms that are infested by flame breathing zebra sharks are a tad bit harder to work on but hopefully we can get you back here little by little :D 

So glad you're learning and enjoying all over the place especially in the SA section. I would agree there is always more to learn here it seems but it is so fun to be able to do! And yes as far as I know I am an individual most definitely excited in getting to know you better as well!

4 hours ago, Voidspawn said:

O great @Vessel of Theory, what do you think that Elhokar's spren was named? (It's often the random stuff that often gets my attention ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ B))

Elhokar's spren was deeeeefinitely named Progress, or something similar.

Progress is a pattern, I can see it being something Elhokar would strive for, and it starts with a P, just like Pattern