Hello

Awakened Cremling

I just realized that I don't think I ever introduced myself even though I have a handful of posts. I've been reading Brandon since I believe the only books he had published were Elantris and Mistborn Era 1. I've read all of the Cosmere except White Sand and most of the non-Cosmere. I've been a long time lurker but planning to try to continue to be more involved with discussion except once we are to live on RoW will be avoiding like the plague until I finish it as if I get on here at all it is too tempting to peak into spoilery things.

Thanks for all of those who have put in all the work to make this site. It has taken the best parts of some of the best WoT boards (I mainly used Dragonmount but have no idea what my username was) of the past and then went above and beyond (that timeline and map is crazy cool).

I'm not one to get to personal online but to get a feel for my personality a few thoughts:

I believe Oathbringer is Brandon's finest novel to date but actually enjoyed reading Words of Radiance more. I can't really explain why other than to use a music example: I think Alice in Chains made better music than Peal Jam, and at times REALLY like their work I still listed to Pearl Jam more often. I think it is a matter of tone. The dark is beautiful but when it gets that deep I prefer small doses.

Even though some aspects of Kaladins' struggles hit really close to home, I can relate more closely with Dalinar. Probably because of age. 20 years ago it 100% would have been Kaladin.

Emperor's Soul may be even better than Oathbringer.

It's been a long time since I last read Mistborn but I remember loving Ham and Breeze's interaction. That was a wonderful Bromance.

Now time for what some may find as unpopular opinions....

I slightly prefer Mistborn ERA 2 to ERA 1 and think Wayne is funny.

That is enough Rambling for now. As I said, will try to be around as a poster more.

Welcome, great introduction! I agree with you on a lot of those points. I think Oathbringer is his best work but I love reading The Way Of Kings more. I prefer Era 2 Mistborn to Era 1 as well! 

What book has your favorite cover art? 

3 hours ago, Awakened Cremling said:

I just realized that I don't think I ever introduced myself even though I have a handful of posts. I've been reading Brandon since I believe the only books he had published were Elantris and Mistborn Era 1. I've read all of the Cosmere except White Sand and most of the non-Cosmere. I've been a long time lurker but planning to try to continue to be more involved with discussion except once we are to live on RoW will be avoiding like the plague until I finish it as if I get on here at all it is too tempting to peak into spoilery things.

Thanks for all of those who have put in all the work to make this site. It has taken the best parts of some of the best WoT boards (I mainly used Dragonmount but have no idea what my username was) of the past and then went above and beyond (that timeline and map is crazy cool).

I'm not one to get to personal online but to get a feel for my personality a few thoughts:

I believe Oathbringer is Brandon's finest novel to date but actually enjoyed reading Words of Radiance more. I can't really explain why other than to use a music example: I think Alice in Chains made better music than Peal Jam, and at times REALLY like their work I still listed to Pearl Jam more often. I think it is a matter of tone. The dark is beautiful but when it gets that deep I prefer small doses.

Even though some aspects of Kaladins' struggles hit really close to home, I can relate more closely with Dalinar. Probably because of age. 20 years ago it 100% would have been Kaladin.

Emperor's Soul may be even better than Oathbringer.

It's been a long time since I last read Mistborn but I remember loving Ham and Breeze's interaction. That was a wonderful Bromance.

Now time for what some may find as unpopular opinions....

I slightly prefer Mistborn ERA 2 to ERA 1 and think Wayne is funny.

That is enough Rambling for now. As I said, will try to be around as a poster more.

This is really cool! I hope that you post more!

if you were to grant a cremling the full power of any one magic system (not shard) in any of Brando Sando’s works, which would it be and why?

Edited by Koloss17

5 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

if you were to grant a creaking the full power of any one magic system (not shard) in any of Brando Sando’s works, which would it be and why?

I've tried to think about this and it tends to always change but at the moment I think I'd take Warbreaker as it seems to only be limited by the will and imagination in the awakening. That is as long as I had enough breaths. It could just be that I'm fighting a nasty cold so want the disease resistance and it has been so persistent I'm afraid I'd see it as part of myself so stormlight wouldn't heal it. :P 

Had an additional thought after I posted. I'm also very intrigued by what is possible that hasn't been shown but only hinted at. Thinking of the scene where Vasher whispered to a child that had seen too much.

Edited by Awakened Cremling

14 minutes ago, Hentient said:

Welcome, great introduction! I agree with you on a lot of those points. I think Oathbringer is his best work but I love reading The Way Of Kings more. I prefer Era 2 Mistborn to Era 1 as well! 

What book has your favorite cover art? 

That is a tough one. I can't say that any 1 stands out over the others so it is the one I am looking at as i crack open another Sanderson masterpiece for the first time.

6 minutes ago, Awakened Cremling said:

That is a tough one. I can't say that any 1 stands out over the others so it is the one I am looking at as i crack open another Sanderson masterpiece for the first time.

Hello, and Welcome to the Shard!

Who's your favorite Sanderson character?

Spoiler

Just so you know the mods generally dislike people double posting...

14 minutes ago, I Am A Fish said:

Hello, and Welcome to the Shard!

Who's your favorite Sanderson character?

I think Kaladin seems to most "real" to me so has always been a favorite but I have a soft spot for Brandon's "weird" characters. Wayne & Lift come to mind. Even Tung Fa (sp?) They provide a nice "lightness" even when in some cases they are horrible people.

Hide contents

Just so you know the mods generally dislike people double posting...

To make sure I do this properly going forward, if there are multiple posts I would like to respond to I should separate quote each one into a single post?

Edited by Awakened Cremling
fixed typo

3 minutes ago, Awakened Cremling said:

To make sure I do this properly going forward, if there are multiple posts I would like to respond to I should separate quote each one into a single post?

Yeah, that seems about right.

Anyway, Welcome to the Shard!

Who is your favorite Character?

Welcome to the Shard! So delighted to have you make an introduction no matter how late it may be! :D

Man, reading since Elantris and Mistborn era 1 makes you a longtime fan for sure!! So glad you decided to turn turkey-lurking into turkey-working and come join us (Thanksgiving themed turkey jokes ofc :P)! We look forward to being able to discuss more with you as well!

Nice favorite SA character! I would have to say I always love reading the Dalinar chapters as well he seems like a genuinely good person who you'd want to get to know. The way that he has grown and is trying to become better too is really admirable. Although come on, age is just an illusion here you could have Kaladin any day of the week :P!! 

To give more detail to your question from above, you can quote multiple people at once by tapping the plus icon next to Quote on all the people's posts you want to quote. It will then put them all in one large message where you can drag them around and respond to each as you like. That is the way to go! Look forward to seeing you around!

19 hours ago, Mist said:

Welcome to the Shard! Which Cosmere world do you think would be most likely to take over earth? 

None of them, they aren't in our Universe :P If they were, still none of them, at least until ERA 4. We have sadly through lots of use and resources spent gotten way more efficient at killing each other than even their magical powers can do.

5 hours ago, Scout_Fox said:

! To give more detail to your question from above, you can quote multiple people at once by tapping the plus icon next to Quote on all the people's posts you want to quote. It will then put them all in one large message where you can drag them around and respond to each as you like. That is the way to go! Look forward to seeing you around!

Thanks. I think I have it figured out.

2 hours ago, Awakened Cremling said:

Thanks. I think I have it figured out.

It looks like it that is exactly the way to do it! :D If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask. Other than that, enjoy (more of??) the Shard!

Edited by Scout_Fox