Trouble with pasting things in a status update

Koloss17

1 hour ago, Koloss17 said:

I have trouble pasting something in a status update. Sometimes it doesn’t paste the same thing I intended, other times it does not actually send the message once I click send. This has happened multiple times to me.

Maybe you hit the message cooldown? You can't send posts within fifteen seconds of each there I believe and while it used to say how long before you can send, it seems to still be a message cooldown thing, as I just keep clicking till it sends. 

1 hour ago, Aspiring Writer said:

Maybe you hit the message cooldown? You can't send posts within fifteen seconds of each there I believe and while it used to say how long before you can send, it seems to still be a message cooldown thing, as I just keep clicking till it sends. 

No. Basically what happens is I paste, post, then it does not show the post. I have to go back into create new topic and post it again.

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I can't replicate this. What browser and operating system are you on, @Koloss17 and @Chasmgoat?

I am on Google Chrome, and on a MacBook Air.

I think that my problem was what Aspiring writer had posted above.

4 hours ago, Aspiring Writer said:

I am not having trouble pasting into status updates, I am only having trouble with posting on status updates and it is usually not a problem.

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
5 minutes ago, Chasmgoat said:

I am on Google Chrome, and on a MacBook Air.

I think that my problem was what Aspiring writer had posted above.

I am not having trouble pasting into status updates, I am only having trouble with posting on status updates and it is usually not a problem.

Try refreshing I had this problem a second ago responding to Aspire

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

I can't replicate this. What browser and operating system are you on, @Koloss17 and @Chasmgoat?

I am on mobile. It always works the second time I do things, it is just the first time that is problematic. I actually have two separate problems. One, I have something that I pasted before that didn’t send. 
two, When I paste something, it sends as something else that I wanted last time I went to paste something in a status update. This might be a problem because of how saving something that was made, but not sent works. It might compound with problem 1. You fail to send one thing that was pasted with formatting, then later when you want to paste something else, it sends what you failed to send before. This second problem would be solved easily if I could edit status updates, though.

Edited by Koloss17

1 hour ago, Koloss17 said:

I am on mobile. It always works the second time I do things, it is just the first time that is problematic. I actually have two separate problems. One, I have something that I pasted before that didn’t send. 
two, When I paste something, it sends as something else that I wanted last time I went to paste something in a status update. This might be a problem because of how saving something that was made, but not sent works. It might compound with problem 1. You fail to send one thing that was pasted with formatting, then later when you want to paste something else, it sends what you failed to send before. This second problem would be solved easily if I could edit status updates, though.

Are you, like Chasmgoat, specifically replying to status updates?

If you are on mobile, tell me your browser, phone, and OS version.

I have never encountered these errors.

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
Just now, Aspiring Writer said:

I have tried what you described on my mobile out of curiosity, and I have also experienced no problem pasting things in reply to status updates.

Weird, also check Nomic

Just now, Somebody from Sel said:

Talking to Aspire

I would appreciate if we could leave information here that is helpful for the tech support issue, and leave other conversation elsewhere. Thanks!

8 hours ago, Chaos said:

Are you, like Chasmgoat, specifically replying to status updates?

If you are on mobile, tell me your browser, phone, and OS version.

I have never encountered these errors.

I do not specifically rely on status updates, though recently have been posting a lot. I use an iPhone SE with the most recent iOS version.