Hi, I'm alive

Aeternum

You are alive!! Good, good was getting a little worried for a bit there. Implanting human consciousness into turtles is quite a new process- er, I mean of course you're alive that process is 100% safe :P

A book favorite of Edgedancer and a character favorite of Pattern! I like the originality I don't think we've gotten those at all before! Interesting also that lift isn't your favorite liking Edgedancer and all.

What aspect of Edgedancer do you like best? If you could bond any Spren we have seen so far would you choose Pattern? Let us know if you have any questions and welcome to the Shard! :D

53 minutes ago, Invocation said:

As someone who used to use Aeternum or variations on it as a username on a bunch of places, welcome to the Shard! What all Sanderson have you read so far, and of that, what's your favorite character growth moment?

:D I thought I was being original with that name!

I've read... the current 3 Stormlight Archive books, the first 3 of Mistborn, Edgedancer, all of the Reckoners books including Mitosis. I need to finish Warbreaker.

My take on a "growth moment" is when the character gets a reality check.

Spoiler

Probably when Kaladin tried to kill himself but then came back to lead the bridgemen when Syl brought him a deadly leaf.

40 minutes ago, Scout_Fox said:

You are alive!! Good, good was getting a little worried for a bit there. Implanting human consciousness into turtles is quite a new process- er, I mean of course you're alive that process is 100% safe :P

A book favorite of Edgedancer and a character favorite of Pattern! I like the originality I don't think we've gotten those at all before! Interesting also that lift isn't your favorite liking Edgedancer and all.

What aspect of Edgedancer do you like best? If you could bond any Spren we have seen so far would you choose Pattern? Let us know if you have any questions and welcome to the Shard! :D

Wait wait wait... I'm not a turtle last I checked. Did something change and I didn't notice?

I like the way Lift uses the term "awesome", but I'm partial to more quieter characters. I haven't read Edgedancer in a while unfortunately. And yes, I would definitely choose to bond to Pattern 99.9762%.

10 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

Hello! If you were to defeat a holy glock that is sentient with the mission to “destroy heresy,” how in the cosmere would you do it?

Since the glock can't move because it doesn't have legs, I would just trap it in a pit and drop a few big rocks on it. Maybe use a flamethrower. Or just wait for it to run out of ammo.
If you were to defeat that same glock, what would you do, @Koloss17?

Welcome to the Shard!

3 hours ago, Aeternum said:

Hi, I'm alive

How do we know you're not a Lifeless? Are we just supposed to take you at your word? How about you prove it to us that you're alive. Say the phrase, "my life to yours, my breath become yours"

19 minutes ago, Aeternum said:

:D I thought I was being original with that name!

I've read... the current 3 Stormlight Archive books, the first 3 of Mistborn, Edgedancer, all of the Reckoners books including Mitosis. I need to finish Warbreaker.

My take on a "growth moment" is when the character gets a reality check.

Reveal hidden contents

Probably when Kaladin tried to kill himself but then came back to lead the bridgemen when Syl brought him a deadly leaf.

Wait wait wait... I'm not a turtle last I checked. Did something change and I didn't notice?

I like the way Lift uses the term "awesome", but I'm partial to more quieter characters. I haven't read Edgedancer in a while unfortunately. And yes, I would definitely choose to bond to Pattern 99.9762%.

Since the glock can't move because it doesn't have legs, I would just trap it in a pit and drop a few big rocks on it. Maybe use a flamethrower. Or just wait for it to run out of ammo.
If you were to defeat that same glock, what would you do, @Koloss17?

I like you. You give me the chance to answer my own questions. 

It’s obvious. You just awaken a shotgun with the command “destroy holiness” shotgun beats glock, and you’re all good. Or make the command “destroy destroy heresy,” but that might be a tad silly. You could also splash it with holy lava. Any of those could work.

10 minutes ago, Honorless said:

Welcome to the Shard!

How do we know you're not a Lifeless? Are we just supposed to take you at your word? How about you prove it to us that you're alive. Say the phrase, "my life to yours, my breath become yours"

Hi to you too?

Yep you can take my word for it. Definitely...

9 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

I like you. You give me the chance to answer my own questions. 

It’s obvious. You just awaken a shotgun with the command “destroy holiness” shotgun beats glock, and you’re all good. Or make the command “destroy destroy heresy,” but that might be a tad silly. You could also splash it with holy lava. Any of those could work.

Or just let it run out of ammo.

1 hour ago, I Am A Fish said:

Hello, and Welcome to the Shard!

What's your favorite Sanderson magic system?

Hi! You are indeed a fish.

Becoming "awesome" as Lift would say.

Edited by Aeternum
Sorry for triple post. For some reason my editing won't let me quote others? It was working earlier...

2 hours ago, Aeternum said:

Oh darn not another one! Occasionally when transferring consciousness the sentient becomes unable to perceive the form of the host. Well... guess we'll just have to pull the plug and start over :P

I can totally agree the "awesome" part of it is so simple but so perfect for it lol. And no way, alright yeah if quite characters are your thing then Pattern definitely makes sense to bond!

Oh and I was just about to hit you with a "no double posts plz" but see you got it in your edit note! Quoting in an edit is quite a finicky process for all so not a big deal this first time. If it is not working quote someone regularly and copy that quote from the normal box to the edit box.

You can also use the quote box " " " on the toolbar and just copy paste their wording their and tag them so they see it. If it really doesn't work just tag them as you write so they know you were responding to them and that way you can be sure to keep it all in one post! Welcome again! :D