Socially Awkward Bookworms

Tesh

Really weird. Are you on mobile? If so, maybe try to install Discord. I have no idea what the problem is, and hardly have a way to solve it.

Edit: my sister says it works. She has a Discord account, though, and has it installed on her phone. So I don't know. Is it just a webpage that says it's invalid, or a Discord page?

Edited by Trutharchivist

Tesh! Been a while since I saw you on the forums. Hi!

As a general rule, people who aren't socially awkward can be accepted as advisors for social situations (see in the first page of the thread). So, Rabbit, Calano's blasphemy is actually quite acceptable!

Someone wants to try the acceptance to the cult ritual? IIRC, it includes hoods, book scented candles and maybe s'mores.

• 8 months later...

We need to revive this thread.

Hello, I am a socially awkward bookworm. Sometimes I try to make new friends. If the other person isn't also a bookworm, it usually ends in awkward silence or book references that the other person doesn't get. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11.6.2023 at 10:42 PM, Ranryu said:

We need to revive this thread.

Hello, I am a socially awkward bookworm. Sometimes I try to make new friends. If the other person isn't also a bookworm, it usually ends in awkward silence or book references that the other person doesn't get. 

Hello and welcome!

It has been relatively quiet here lately, due to the law of decaying activity (after some point, the longer you are in the forum the less active you are), the opening of the Discord server (which isn't much more active, but still; link on this page, or in Tesh's signature. I think, I'm on mobile so I can't see), and... Well... The fact nearly everyone here is socially awkward probably isn't helping.

6 hours ago, Cruciatus_heart said:

hello i am very socially awkward 

the only numbers i have on my phone are family and emergency contacts

I have a different problem - I save loads of people I don't really know that much in my contacts, then I look through them and have no idea who those people are. 

Umm... Yeah, I have no idea what to say otherwise. Please come in, welcome.

2 hours ago, CosmicShard8002 said:

Welcome! He is very right that this thread has decayed :\

Hey, while I did say this thread is relatively inactive, I'm with Ranryu - it can be revived, and it'd be great if it did! Might be easier to revive the Discord server (if anyone asks, I'm doing this Discord sales pitch because I live there more than here nowadays), so you're invited to join, but reviving this thread is also a worthy cause!

Only problem is, I'm not sure how to do it...

We actually still have occasional book discussions on the Discord server, and sometimes people will pop in and say something and then things will get quiet again.

It would definitely be worth it to try and revive this thread though! 

Do not presume that it's not. It's simply that... Umm...

Yeah, we opened this for some reason, probably for the more socially awkward users - because sometimes smaller groups are nicer!

Anyway, yeah, hello and welcome! Perhaps one day we'll actually do the initiation ceremony, with the hoods, book-scented candles and s'mores. (What does it say about me that the Google spell check guessed half this sentence?)

• 3 months later...

I definitely fall ( plummet to my death more like)  into this category. I find it SO hard to make new friends... but the ones I have I love! Oftentimes, if I have to be in a social situation i bring a book along and sit in the corner. ( the bigger the book the better cause than I feel smarter than everyone lol) If you ever see me, look for the person with their nose permanently stuck in a Brandon Sanderson novel 😅