Things we where wrong about.

Frustration

On 12/22/2020 at 3:44 PM, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Wit isn’t to be trusted when it comes to Kelsier. They don’t like each other much.

The Ghostbloods are built around trust. They don’t harm one another and can call upon each other at need. They’re run without direct oversight, which implies a massive amount of trust.

Kelsier was fine with Breeze using soothing on different members. He himself manipulated his entire crew. Marsh was more amused than annoyed when Vin used emotional allomancy on him. Manipulation and ambition are fine; they just can’t reach a point where they harm the crew.

Sure but there’s a difference between “doesn’t like him much for personal reasons” and “convinces Jasnah that his decentralized organization poses an existential threat to the Cosmere.”

Your points about the trust in the crew are stronger I think.

Just now, coolsnow7 said:

Sure but there’s a difference between “doesn’t like him much for personal reasons” and “convinces Jasnah that his decentralized organization poses an existential threat to the Cosmere.”

Your points about the trust in the crew are stronger I think.

Considering the Ghostbloods were trying to kill Jasnah for awhile, I don’t think it took much convincing. And I think he convinced her more that Thaidakar is a threat to Roshar.

Besides, not many non-Shards can claim to have the ability to throw the weight of an entire planet around. Due to half of Scadrial worshiping the Survivor and the other half being the subjects of the Sovereign, Kelsier can actually do that as long as he can get it past Harmony. And Saze has shown no desire to intervene yet.

On 12/29/2020 at 9:38 AM, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Considering the Ghostbloods were trying to kill Jasnah for awhile, I don’t think it took much convincing. And I think he convinced her more that Thaidakar is a threat to Roshar.

Besides, not many non-Shards can claim to have the ability to throw the weight of an entire planet around. Due to half of Scadrial worshiping the Survivor and the other half being the subjects of the Sovereign, Kelsier can actually do that as long as he can get it past Harmony. And Saze has shown no desire to intervene yet.

This is a good WoB re: our discussion. Clearly I’m in the “misunderstanding Kelsier” group. https://wob.coppermind.net/events/455/#e14601

7 minutes ago, coolsnow7 said:

This is a good WoB re: our discussion. Clearly I’m in the “misunderstanding Kelsier” group. https://wob.coppermind.net/events/455/#e14601

Yeah, I’m the one who wrote a roast, which included him threatening to force MeLaan to drown herself in lye if she tried to act against him. And I adore Kell. I’m just very honest about who and what he is - and that isn’t a nice person.

I thought Vasher would play a bigger role. He was one of the only people in the tower with power that wasn't inhibited by the sabotaged defenses, would have made sense for him to pull Kaladin out of at least one of the half dozen life threatening confrontations. For some reason, I also thought Rhythm of War would be written by Venli. 

Just now, Harrycrapper said:

I thought Vasher would play a bigger role. He was one of the only people in the tower with power that wasn't inhibited by the sabotaged defenses, would have made sense for him to pull Kaladin out of at least one of the half dozen life threatening confrontations. For some reason, I also thought Rhythm of War would be written by Venli. 

The latter is most likely because Dalinar wrote Oathbringer, and it seems very obvious to be written by a Singer given the name.

I always kinda saw Wit as asexual - more tied up and concerned with the politics of the shards to be much interested in anything sexual.

I thought that connection was a very indirect attribute, and didn't think you could steal abilities by manipulating connection. From what we've seen now, connection does seem to be one of the most powerful attributes to be able to manipulate.

I expected we'd finally see the skybreakers using their powers of division in depth in this book. So far, division has been kind of relegated to obscurity - the more impressive acts with it occurring off screen. I really want to see division used in the full force on screen.

I thought one of the Unmade was the voice leading the Listeners to Szeth before the assasination. Ulim did it, but Nale basically sent him which I did not expect at all. I also thought an Unmade was in the black sphere.

Honor locked Cognitive realm travel through the Oathgates. Sibling did it. 

I thought the Fused taking Urithiru would allow them to wreck the Fourth Bridge by severing the ropes for the vertical lattice. They never did anything with it, I guess it was inside somewhere else, I forget. Either way nothing happened with it. 

I never expected Rayse to die in this book or for Mr. T to ascend to any Shard, ever. 

16 hours ago, Clovermite said:

I always kinda saw Wit as asexual - more tied up and concerned with the politics of the shards to be much interested in anything sexual.

Same I thought he'd be over it after 9 - 10,000 years. He seems very mission driven while pretending not to be, to see him pursuing a romance with someone in his spare time is surprising.