Cultivation and Odium Mix

LongShlong

On 12/26/2020 at 8:40 PM, Halyo_Alex said:

You mean the Starspren Spangled Banner, yeah? :D

Starsprengled banner B)

But really, all this naming talk makes me think that the light name is somewhat arbitrary? Stormlight is called such, not because storms are inherently honorable, but because the  highstorm provides it. Towerlight is called such because Urithiru is a tower. I'm kinda convinced that Navani and Raboniel hear the rhythm of war precisely because they are on the opposite sides of a conflict. In some other context, the H+O combination could be something else (don't ask me what tho)

On 27.12.2020 at 9:31 PM, Bri-Y said:

Revolutionlight sounds more positive, and fits better with the “freedom” feeling

Revolution sounds very like Cultivation + Odium - you make New order, in place of old, destroyed one. Growth + destruction.

20 hours ago, yulyulk said:

Starsprengled banner B)

But really, all this naming talk makes me think that the light name is somewhat arbitrary? Stormlight is called such, not because storms are inherently honorable, but because the  highstorm provides it. Towerlight is called such because Urithiru is a tower. I'm kinda convinced that Navani and Raboniel hear the rhythm of war precisely because they are on the opposite sides of a conflict. In some other context, the H+O combination could be something else (don't ask me what tho)

Yeah, I feel that as well. As is shown in the book, I’m pretty sure Intent, with a capital “I,” is key.