GM Signups & Discussion Thread

Elbereth

1 hour ago, Kasimir said:

Aight. Between me and Archer, I'm up next on the QF list. I have a bunch of rulesets I can run (probably about six) and have no particularly strong feelings about which I want to run, so I'd like to hear some feedback from the thread if possible.

My sense is that the last few games have been really involved and 'screwy' so I'd like to run something pretty simple as a palette cleanser for everyone. To that end, I have two candidates.

A. I have a QF7 rerun that's also fairly simple - more or less a standard Western game with a rotating Coinshot. [simple]

B. This game (Tenet) is a bit more involved, but only by a bit. It features a kill which can be withheld, turning it into a conversion instead. [simple+]

For legal reasons, I'd like to note upfront that neither game is a blackout or has secrets :P WYSIWYG.

A is cooler

19 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Same I'd like a simple game :P though my friend would like the Tenet one :P

I like the Tenet one and will be running it at some point (I mean, I'm signed up for three QF slots at least but have five to six potential QF rulesets...) But I admit I also kind of feel it's not the right time for a game like that given the recent obstacle course of complex games.

The people have spoken! Funny enough, I got A approved in Feb last year so now I have to recheck and make sure the change I implemented still works, but I'll be running A :) 

• 2 weeks later...

LG side will likely be even less rushed than MR as Fifth hasn't yet sent in his ruleset. Nevertheless, options, i.e. get prepared, maybe 😛

1. @Experience
2. wilson / El (unlikely)
3. @Random Bystander (unlikely)

4. @The Known Novel
5. @Karnatheon (unlikely)
6. @Araris Valerian
7. Me

I'll add three wildcards:

@StrikerEZ, @DrakeMarshall, @|TJ|, all of whom have inactive high-priority slots, and could jump most of the queue if reactivating. Striker and TJ would still come after Experience, if not TKN in TJ's case, but Drake would be right on top of the queue.

I have a LG ideally designed for 9-11 players (can take more), but if anyone above me wants to run, I'm game to let them go first. I believe Drake's (as the guy with the main priority slot here) intending to run an anon LG which theoretically can accommodate most player counts but is one game away from the minimum to run one - how tight are the requirements here?

57 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I have a LG ideally designed for 9-11 players (can take more), but if anyone above me wants to run, I'm game to let them go first. I believe Drake's (as the guy with the main priority slot here) intending to run an anon LG which theoretically can accommodate most player counts but is one game away from the minimum to run one - how tight are the requirements here?

Requirements are looser for folks that have been around for a while. I think Drake would be fine to run his game.

6 hours ago, Kasimir said:

LG side will likely be even less rushed than MR as Fifth hasn't yet sent in his ruleset. Nevertheless, options, i.e. get prepared, maybe 😛

1. @Experience
2. wilson / El (unlikely)
3. @Random Bystander (unlikely)

4. @The Known Novel
5. @Karnatheon (unlikely)
6. @Araris Valerian
7. Me

I'll add three wildcards:

@StrikerEZ, @DrakeMarshall, @|TJ|, all of whom have inactive high-priority slots, and could jump most of the queue if reactivating. Striker and TJ would still come after Experience, if not TKN in TJ's case, but Drake would be right on top of the queue.

I'm at...

#37... 

LG134 coming soon?

Okay it'll probably be around 120-130 but that's cool at least I signed up.

25 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Requirements are looser for folks that have been around for a while. I think Drake would be fine to run his game.

An ANON game! 

Also, what's going on with the anniversary game? When is that?

5 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

I'm at...

#37... 

LG134 coming soon?

Okay it'll probably be around 120-130 but that's cool at least I signed up.

Also, what's going on with the anniversary game? When is that?

You underestimate how many people are inactive :P

Anniversary games run around New Year’s.

• 3 weeks later...

Can I please, for the love of Wormmon, ask prospective GMs to post your sheets after the game.

I don't care about your distro. I care about your logging player actions because nothing is more annoying than having to hunt in three different docs and five different tabs to try to figure out what happened to a missing Elim kill so I can fix the public SE data spreadsheet.

Please, for the love of God, SE, and my sanitydocument things properly. Some of these spreadsheets were meant only to be viewed by demons.

I swear this is the fifth time I have seen a cursed spreadsheet, and this includes my own.

P.S. Mods - feel free to get me to move it if necessary. I'm sort of undecided about whether this should go in Meta or not but figured it's better off here where a prospective freakin' GM might actually see this.

• 2 weeks later...

Updating in a separate post:

MR List:

1. @Ookla the Destined
2. @Quirksliver
3. @Karnatheon (unlikely)
4. @Ashbringer
5. @Steeldancer (unlikely)
6. @JNV
7. @Kasimir

Who's up? 

BT List:

1. @Ashbringer
2. @Quirksliver
3. @DrakeMarshall & @Kasimir (ownself tag ownself...)

So yeah. Tagging in advance because of ruleset prep, submission to committee etc please settle it, y'all - BT-side if no one's got anything, Drake and I are ready to go.

P.S. Incidentally, Fifth and I are tied at the top in terms of numbers of games GMed this year 👀