49 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Eryn moved back with inhuman speed, Mist swirling about her. She moved behind the Inquisitor, her fingers tearing through cloth to wrap around the head of the spike she knew was there. “Stop. Unless you wish me to kill you.”

Plot contrivance magic. Harmony or another rogue kandra did things, or she got away with doing it to herself when they weren't watching.

Which spike is this? She has the linchpin covered up.

Marie sucked in a breath and froze when she felt Eryn twist away the metal plate covering her linchpin. How to get out of this without killing her? "You want to talk about killing?" she rasped. "I'm happy to entertain."

@Kingsdaughter613

Edited by AonEne

For some reason the shard decided not to show me there had been an additional THREE PAGES since I last checked the thread. Ignore this.

5 hours ago, AonEne said:

Hey Per, how many NPCs are in this bar?

Let's see, probably about... 6-9 ish people?

Edited by Ookla the Stick

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

Marie sucked in a breath and froze when she felt Eryn twist away the metal plate covering her linchpin. How to get out of this without killing her? "You want to talk about killing?" she rasped. "I'm happy to entertain."

@Kingsdaughter613

“I am holding your linchpin,” Eryn said calmly. “If you move, it falls out. Maybe you kill me first, maybe not. Better to make peace, ja?”

She paused, then added, “how is to see through metal? Sovereign only laughs and does not explain.”

1 minute ago, Ookla the Stick said:

Seeing those two patrons get awfully close, the man sighed, walking over.

"Look, I don't know what this Inquisitor business is about, but you two need to get off each other. I swear-"

As he walked over, he could've sworn he saw something odd- A flash of metal on Marie's neck. He couldn't see anything out of the ordinary from where he was standing, but he could see Eryn had their had on the strange person's neck. His face grew cold, and he grabbed Eryn's arm tightly. 

"Hey bub, I'm going to need you to let go of my patron there. If you two are going to fight, take it outside for Harmony's sake.

@Kingsdaughter613

Marie’s hood is down and the entire tavern saw that she’s an Inquisitor. And ran out screaming. 

Also, Eryn is in a position that if she’s moved the spike will come out. She’s basically trying to either convince Marie to calm down, or stall until either our Duralumin compounder reclaims control, or either Sazed or Kelsier intervenes. She’s expecting the former rather than the latter though.

8 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

.... Crap. I missed a lot then, I'm gonna need a lotta editting here

The Bartender watched the seen with horror.

A bloody Inquisitor... An INQUISITOR. In MY tavern-

He was tempted to run out the door and never look back, but for now he simply watched, eyes wide.

Edited by Ookla the Stick

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Stick said:

BTW, I’m pretty sure I was drinking lemonade. The drink was yellow, with a sweet sour taste and appeared to be non-alcoholic. Since we know zero about the South, I am headcannoning that they only have the three original citrus fruits (citron, mandarin orange, and pomelo, in case you were wondering). As such, Eryn has never seen a lemon.

1 hour ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Ahh, the old "how many people can I kill with no consequences?" question ;)

More of a "how many people witnessed this" question, but yeah :P

59 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

“I am holding your linchpin,” Eryn said calmly. “If you move, it falls out. Maybe you kill me first, maybe not. Better to make peace, ja?”

She paused, then added, “how is to see through metal? Sovereign only laughs and does not explain.”

Marie snorted. "Maybe I'll tell you if you let go of me."

16 minutes ago, AonEne said:

“And then you will kill me, ja? I do not wish to die, and you do not wish to die. So how to ensure we both survive? What promise can you make that you will not kill me?”

Spoiler

Where is our duralumin compounder? And that Kandra? Harmony’s people are not doing their jobs.

1 minute ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

“And then you will kill me, ja? I do not wish to die, and you do not wish to die. So how to ensure we both survive? What promise can you make that you will not kill me?”

Marie grit her teeth. "Unfortunately, I'm unable to kill you at the moment due to outside interference."

23 minutes ago, AonEne said:

"Hey, I have an idea! Why don't we all calm down and..."

At that moment, Ladashwy's tin enhanced senses noticed something. The masked assassin was about to enter the room, and he had a silvery spike in one hand.

Ladashwy's face paled.

"Oh no. He is here again to kill me." 

Hey AonEne, feel free to kill this guy. Actually, please do. My person sure can't.

Edited by Random Bystander
mistake

13 minutes ago, AonEne said:

He's the rude assassin who wants to spike her with a pewter spike so that he can be a steel-runner. He made her run away from the Village, and has already tried to kill her over 30 times. (I am putting what he says in bold for now)

The masked man enters the room. " If any of you interfere, I will kill you. Leave me alone, and I will leave you alone. I only want the Terris girl for now."

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
Just now, Random Bystander said:

The masked man enters the room. " If any of you interfere, I will kill you. Leave me alone, and I will leave you alone. I only want the Terris girl for now."

Ash burns the last bit of metal in his stomach and swings his cane at the man, as he swings he starts tapping his metal-mind.

13 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Eryn tilted her head slightly, then nodded. “And you will not harm me? Then I will release you.”

"Yeah, I promise I won't hurt you," she grumbled.

4 minutes ago, Somebody from Sel said:

Ash burns the last bit of metal in his stomach and swings his cane at the man, as he swings he starts tapping his metal-mind.

"You will regret that."

He attacks. (with a knife at his side)

"What do I do?! I don't know how to fight! AGGHH!!!"

He attacks.

Spoiler

More description? Please.

"I probably will, but I hope I can win this!" He feints a kick with his leg then quickly jabs his cane into the man's stomach. 

Just now, Somebody from Sel said:
  Reveal hidden contents

More description? Please.

"I probably will, but I hope I can win this!" He feints a kick with his leg then quickly jabs his cane into the man's stomach. 

The man grunts, then starts burning iron. He pulls a chair toward himself. However, you are (currently) in the way.

The man grunts, then starts burning iron. He pulls a chair toward himself. However, you are (currently) in the way.

Ash flips over, landing on his stomach. " You have triggered my trap card! See ya sucker!" He lifts his cane and shoots a bullet straight at the man.

13 minutes ago, AonEne said:

"Yeah, I promise I won't hurt you," she grumbled.

Eryn nodded, releasing the spike, making sure it was firmly back in place. “Then perhaps we should kill that one?” She pointed around the man with the knife.

Eryn briefly checked her store. Good. The burst had taken a decent portion of the power, but her metalmind was still about 70% full. Still, she should avoid doing such an act again. Fortunately, she did not usually need to move so fast or tear metal.

Just now, Somebody from Sel said:

Ash flips over, landing on his stomach. " You have triggered my trap card! See ya sucker!" He lifts his cane and shoots a bullet straight at the man.

Assassin guy was planning for this possibility, so he simply pulls the bullet toward the metal plate on his chest.

"He had a knife? Why does he want to kill me with a spike?!"

Just now, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Eryn nodded, releasing the spike, making sure it was firmly back in place. “Then perhaps we should kill that one?” She pointed around the man with the knife.

Eryn briefly checked her store. Good. The burst had taken a decent portion of the power, but her metalmind was still about 70% full. Still, she should avoid doing such an act again. Fortunately, she did not usually need to move so fast or tear metal.

As soon as she'd been let go of, Marie ran forward and snapped around to face Eryn, making sure her back was to the wall. "Sounds good to me." She started Pushing metal at the man.

Just now, AonEne said:

As soon as she'd been let go of, Marie ran forward and snapped around to face Eryn, making sure her back was to the wall. "Sounds good to me." She started Pushing metal at the man.

For the first time, the assassin realizes that there is an inquisitor. He froze with shock. "What?"

His left arm got impaled, and so did his left leg.