21 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Ladashwy gave her an annoyed glare. "Gee, what a wonderful idea. I've decided to go out and start spiking random allomancers. Oh wait, I don't know how it works, and don't really want to kill anyone."

Marie in the corner like "don't wanna kill anyone? that sounds like a you problem"

Someone donated leatherbounds?? Who the heck would do that instead of selling them if they didn't want them - and who would not want them? Wow, nice find!

Okay, I swear I didn't mean for the below post to come out sounding as much like sexual innuendo as it did...we'll go with "Marie likes making people uncomfortable"...these are Hemalurgy innuendos, I promise. I'm so sorry.

"Mmm. I was thinking more that if that scholar's curiosity of yours is making you ache to know what being spiked is like, we could test that out in a back alley. Swap out the ache of learning for different type of pain. I know my way around a body well enough to do the job." Marie smirked. "Have you ever wanted to have a better memory than you do? An extra kick? Or to be an Archivist, maybe a Sentry? There are many things that could help a woman with research. Especially if that research goes into more unsavory parts of the world."

1 minute ago, AonEne said:

"Mmm. I was thinking more that if that scholar's curiosity of yours is making you ache to know what being spiked is like, we could test that out in a back alley. Swap out the ache of learning for different type of pain. I know my way around a body well enough to do the job." Marie smirked. "Have you ever wanted to have a better memory than you do? An extra kick? Or to be an Archivist, maybe a Sentry? There are many things that could help a woman with research. Especially if that research goes into more unsavory parts of the world."

"When did this conversation get so strange. Did you not hear me earlier? I. Am. Not. Planning. On. Stealing. Anyone's. Soul. I was merely CURIOUS. That doesn't mean I want to know what it feels like firsthand."

2 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"When did this conversation get so strange. Did you not hear me earlier? I. Am. Not. Planning. On. Stealing. Anyone's. Soul. I was merely CURIOUS. That doesn't mean I want to know what it feels like firsthand."

'I'm just saying it's an option," Marie shrugged. "If you're up for it, I'm always happy to arrange something."

Just now, AonEne said:

'I'm just saying it's an option," Marie shrugged. "If you're up for it, I'm always happy to arrange something."

"While the offer is kind of tempting, I will have to refuse." Ladashwy MIGHT do it... if they found an allomancer or feruchemist who was on the brink of death or something. "I mean, it would be awesome if I could compound steel. Or tin."

1 minute ago, Random Bystander said:

"While the offer is kind of tempting, I will have to refuse." Ladashwy MIGHT do it... if they found an allomancer or feruchemist who was on the brink of death or something. "I mean, it would be awesome if I could compound steel. Or tin."

“Other ways for that,” Eryn notes. “Easier ways. Make these,” she held up her wrist, exposing the medallion strapped to it, “instead. This one Connection. Let’s me talk to you, ja?”

12 minutes ago, AonEne said:
Okay, I swear I didn't mean for the below post to come out sounding as much like sexual innuendo as it did...we'll go with "Marie likes making people uncomfortable"...these are Hemalurgy innuendos, I promise. I'm so sorry.

Don't worry, we all know what we're talking about if you didn't give me a sultry voice on that one you're doing it wrong

"Careful, that's probably gonna compound the nausea you feel while tapping to much tinsight"

Marie had only ever Compounded atium and bronze, but she nodded. "Those powers are great indeed. Just come talk to me if you're interested in becoming something more than human."

Why do I feel like Alleine's gonna take me up on this? Possibly because Zinc likes Hemalurgy? :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

“Other ways for that,” Eryn notes. “Easier ways. Make these,” she held up her wrist, exposing the medallion strapped to it, “instead. This one Connection. Let’s me talk to you, ja?”

"...WHAT! You are just telling us this NOW! This is amazing! How do they work!"

3 minutes ago, mathiau said:

"Careful, that's probably gonna compound the nausea you feel while tapping to much tinsight"

"True."

Just now, AonEne said:

Marie had only ever Compounded atium and bronze, but she nodded. "Those powers are great indeed. Just come talk to me if you're interested in becoming something more than human."

"Um, okay?"

Ladashwy is too curious for her own good.

12 minutes ago, AonEne said:

This was bad, if Marie managed to find a volunteer she'd just have to tell them she couldn't show how it's done while Adilie controlled her and she'd be as good as dead. She started compounding duralumin to add three orders "Don't hurt anyone without my authorisation. Don't reveal anything about Hemalurgy nor about my ability to control you"

6 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

“Did not come up.” Eryn paused, thinking. “Store self first, then store power here. Then anyone use.”

"You managed to remove the 'only the person who stored it' limitation?"

By the way, it still means Marie can't kill people nor hurt Adilie even with her authorisation, she or I might forget it latter, we'll see.

Also I'm pretty sure there's a way to solve the nausea problem, probably something like "increase your sense of equilibrium too", no idea whether Eryn would know about it

Edited by mathiau

4 minutes ago, mathiau said:

This was bad, if Marie managed to find a volunteer she'd just have to tell them she couldn't show how it's done while Adilie controlled her and she'd be as good as dead. She started compounding duralumin to add three orders "Don't hurt anyone without my authorisation. Don't reveal anything about Hemalurgy nor about my ability to control you"

"Maybe, If both this third metallic art and feruchemy were involved it could work. I have a friend who can store identity. If she had other powers, I bet it would work."

Ladashwy froze. "How old is that, exactly?"

"Maybe, If both this third metallic art and feruchemy were involved it could work. I have a friend who can store identity. If she had other powers, I bet it would work."

Eryn just said "you store and anyone can use". Also how old is what?

32 minutes ago, mathiau said:

22 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

“Yes. And this one is new. Sovereign made the first, for heat. Saved us from cold. This one has two: heat and Connection. Figured that out from the first ones. Firemothers and Firefathers make now.”

In case this comes up:

Pagerunner

When you tap the nicrosil portion of a medallion, will it run out over time? Or is it like a coppermind, where something discrete is taken, used, and returned?

Brandon Sanderson

Good question! Like a coppermind.

Apparently you actually lose part of your abilities when you store Investiture. Which is utterly fascinating.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

7 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

“Yes. And this one is new. Sovereign made the first, for heat. Saved us from cold. This one has two: heat and Connection. Figured that out from the first ones. Firemothers and Firefathers make now.”

"And it gives you Allomantic or Feruchemic power just by touching them? Now that I want to know about."

This was quickly devolving. That masked woman was actively revealing dangerous hemalurgic secrets, earth-shaking revelations about metalminds, and apparently all because of bloody Kelsier.
"Everyone, STOP. I realize that it's far, far too late to obscure the secret of Hemalurgy for all you who didn't know before. But before mask lady here continues to reveal ground-shaking secrets, I need ALL OF YOU to swear on your life that you will not reveal this to anyone else. Also, someone bar the door so no one else enters."

Edited by AmazingGoob

2 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

This was quickly devolving. That masked woman was actively revealing dangerous hemalurgic secrets, earth-shaking revelations about metalminds, and apparently all because of bloody Kelsier.
"Everyone, STOP. I realize that it's far, far too late to obscure the secret of Hemalurgy for all you who didn't know before. But before mask lady here continues to reveal ground-shaking secrets, I need ALL OF YOU to swear on your life that you will not reveal this to anyone else. Also, someone bar the door so no one else enters."

"And what will you do if I don't? You shouldn't be allowed to tell us what we can and can not share with others. I know that I have no reason to listen to you. I don't think any of the others here have any reasons either."

45 minutes ago, mathiau said:

I'm assuming that's not out loud?

3 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

Marie scowled when the new orders came in, but said nothing. More things to try to find workarounds for. Ugh. "I swear on my life," she drawled, "that I want to kill everyone in this room."

Just now, AonEne said:

I'm assuming that's not out loud?

Yes

1 minute ago, AonEne said:

Marie scowled when the new orders came in, but said nothing. More things to try to find workarounds for. Ugh. "I swear on my life," she drawled, "that I want to kill everyone in this room."

Adilie rolled her eyes. "Well if you could you'd already had so I think we're safe"

"And what will you do if I don't? You shouldn't be allowed to tell us what we can and can not share with others. I know that I have no reason to listen to you. I don't think any of the others here have any reasons either."

"I'll kill you. I really, really do not want to, but I will kill you. Understand?"

11 minutes ago, mathiau said:

"And it gives you Allomantic or Feruchemic power just by touching them? Now that I want to know about."

“Must tap first. Most Feruchemy. Allomancy... very rare these.”

Eryn watched in amusement Ett’s servant panicked. “Sovereign likes secrets,” she said dryly. “But secrets not secrets once many know, ja? That one already know,” she nodded at the assassin, “and not from us. Cannot hide third art forever.”

Just now, AmazingGoob said:

"I'll kill you. I really, really do not want to, but I will kill you. Understand?"

Ladashwy groaned. "Rust and Ruin. Fine. Whatever." Maybe if I put my notebook on my bed in the village, one of the elders might find it. I don't think that counts as revealing it.

Just now, Random Bystander said:

Ladashwy groaned. "Rust and Ruin. Fine. Whatever." Maybe if I put my notebook on my bed in the village, one of the elders might find it. I don't think that counts as revealing it.

“Kill me too?” Eryn asked curiously. “Do not think my master will approve; he cares for crew.”