Just now, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Eryn nodded. “Will need to roast, ground. Separate cocoa from butter. Will need liqueur. Much preparation to make good chocolate.” She tan a finger along the lower rim of her mask, thinking. “Also marble. Good for tempering.”

"I don't know where to find liqueur, but I know a place you can buy a slab of marble."

Just now, Random Bystander said:

"I don't know where to find liqueur, but I know a place you can buy a slab of marble."

Eryn shook her head. “Chocolate liquor. Comes from ferment, roasted, ground beans. Need for chocolate.”

I edited the previous post so it more accurately reflects the chocolate making process.

9 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"This is NOT bitter. This is a sweet, delicious treat. I have had the bitter stuff, and it can't even compare with this."

14 minutes ago, mathiau said:

"Never understood why people ate that, far too bitter"

Eryn offered him a delicate chocolate creation. Dark milk chocolate formed elegant swirls and white milk chocolate formed flowers. Clear sugar glass made it look like pieces were floating. Golden taffy ribbons floated from the structure and a translucent golden butterfly seemed ready to take flight. Eryn was very proud of the piece.

02B7D74C-8C13-4030-A8FA-64681E4C10CD.thumb.jpeg.2823bb9b59c36a70f8c79f8ffd3b73ff.jpeg

”Try this,” she suggested.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

1 minute ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Eryn offered him a delicate chocolate creation. Dark milk chocolate formed elegant swirls and white milk chocolate formed flowers. Clear sugar glass made it look like pieces were floating. Golden sugar glass ribbons floated from the structure and a translucent golden butterfly seemed ready to take flight. Eryn was very proud of the piece.

02B7D74C-8C13-4030-A8FA-64681E4C10CD.thumb.jpeg.2823bb9b59c36a70f8c79f8ffd3b73ff.jpeg

"Whaaaaat?" Ladashwy looked at it, shocked.

Just now, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Eryn offered him a delicate chocolate creation. Dark milk chocolate formed elegant swirls and white milk chocolate formed flowers. Clear sugar glass made it look like pieces were floating. Golden sugar glass ribbons floated from the structure and a translucent golden butterfly seemed ready to take flight. Eryn was very proud of the piece.

"Well, the presentation is very good at least... And it is good, how did you do that?"

Also, Adilie's a girl^^

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

Zola gasped. "So pretty!"

"Come, take some"

7 minutes ago, mathiau said:

"Well, the presentation is very good at least... And it is good, how did you do that?"

"Come, take some"

“Milk, sugar, cocoa, cocoa butter. In right amount. Make sweet. Sugar spun to make glass. Much work. But make beautiful. And taste good. Chocolate is art, ja?”

Just to note... that actually is chocolate/sugar art. The stuff you can do with candy...

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

2 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

“Milk, sugar, cocoa, cocoa butter. In right amount. Make sweet. Sugar spun to make glass. Much work. But make beautiful. And taste good. Chocolate is art, ja?”

"Yes." Wow. Just... Wow.

Would Ladashwy know what a pretzel is?

Ene irl trying to figure out what Marie can do that won't attract attention:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/021/464/14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.jpg

Start corrupting 'em young! :ph34r:

"So, Zola," Marie said softly, hoping Adilie was focused on the chocolate and its maker. "You said you were eight? What have you been doing out there, to survive?"

35 minutes ago, AonEne said:

"So, Zola," Marie said softly, hoping Adilie was focused on the chocolate and its maker. "You said you were eight? What have you been doing out there, to survive?"

I'm torn between having KePuur notice and stopping this conversation, which is what probably would happen, or just letting you talk, and let this probably entertaining discussion continue.

Mr. Cett's laboratory wasn't sophisticated enough to melt some of the more refractory allomantic metals, so he only bought those with lower melting points. This included zinc, tin, pewter, and cadmium. They cast four molds of each of the metals, plus one extra mold of pewter that Mr. Cett would keep for himself. As they worked, Lucas noticed Mr. Cett's demeanor change slightly. Explaining the precise percentages each metal had to have, it seemed to give him a certain enthusiasm. He would stir tin and lead dust in a crucible, moving with an energy that Lucas suspected had nothing to do with allomancy. Metallurgy . . . enlivened the man. Lucas was then struck with a thought. Telling Mr. Cett a random sob story about people he'd never met was not the way to get his help. He was a good man, but in his elder years he would be less inclined to philanthropy. No, these days he was more concerned with science. If sympathy couldn't get that old man away from his molds and crucibles, then perhaps curiosity would.

Note: It seems that the "refractory metals" is a group of five* elements that have really high melting points and hardness. However, since after over 2 hours of research, I could not find an adjective that means 'with a high melting point' so I've co-opted the term "refractory" in order to make my sentence flow.

*While there is apparently some dispute over what the "refractory metals" are, these five are included in most groupings: tungsten, molybdenum, niobium, tantalum and rhenium.

There's chocolate to be eating, why would he be watching the Inquisitor trying to lure a child to the dark side? :P

1 hour ago, Condensation said:

"Um... plenty of things. Any specifics you wanna hear?"

"I know that to make a living, children must sometimes do things they do not want to - hurt people, even, for food or...other necessary things. Have you ever had to hurt someone?" She schooled her face to look understanding and kind. Hopefully she'd gotten it right; there hadn't been many chances to practice faking nice expressions after the Lord Ruler had kidnapped her.

10 hours ago, AonEne said:

"I know that to make a living, children must sometimes do things they do not want to - hurt people, even, for food or...other necessary things. Have you ever had to hurt someone?" She schooled her face to look understanding and kind. Hopefully she'd gotten it right; there hadn't been many chances to practice faking nice expressions after the Lord Ruler had kidnapped her.

"I tried not to. It's not the kind of thing... you know." Zola looked down guiltily.

10 hours ago, AonEne said:

6 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"I tried not to. It's not the kind of thing... you know." Zola looked down guiltily.

"Marie, why don't you just SHUT UP!" Poor Zola. She doesn't need Marie messing with her mind.

Ladashwy turned to Zola. "The Ascendant Warrior probably had to do things like that before the Survivor found her. I mean she was on the streets for years!" There. Maybe that will make her feel better.

Ladashwy glared at Marie.

2 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

Ladashwy turned to Zola. "The Ascendant Warrior probably had to do things like that before the Survivor found her. I mean she was on the streets for years!" There. Maybe that will make her feel better.

"You think so?" This person was defending her. Zola wasn't sure what to think, other than that she wanted to see those notebooks.

4 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"You think so?" This person was defending her. Zola wasn't sure what to think, other than that she wanted to see those notebooks.

Ladashwy smiled "Yeah. I mean, we know that she lived in literal thieving crews for most of her childhood, so I'm sure she had to threaten or kill people more than once when she was around your age." I am glad I was able to comfort her. The poor kid shouldn't have to think about her past so much.

Remember: Don't touch the notebooks! ;)(I keep getting images of Gollum going "MY PRECIOUS")

Just now, Random Bystander said:

Ladashwy smiled "Yeah. I mean, we know that she lived in literal thieving crews for most of her childhood, so I'm sure she had to threaten or kill people more than once when she was around your age." I am glad I was able to comfort her. The poor kid shouldn't have to think about her past so much.

I know. But she's a curious kid.

"What are your names? All of you."

2 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"What are your names? All of you."

It was meant as a joke. Besides, I think Ladashwy would have been an extremely curious child. People can change, but not THAT much. So, I think she would be fine with showing her one of the notebooks.

Should I give her Ladashwy, or Sage? Probably Sage... Right? Eryn told Basil that my name was Sage, and it would be easier to remember. I'll just go with Sage. "I'm Sage."