19 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

“I am Eryn Hearthseeker. Also called Ganache.”

Wait, she's called Ganache and make good chocolate "Are you the Sovereign's personal pastry cook or something like that?"

Edited by mathiau

13 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"Sage, what are you writing in those notebooks?"

"Oh, well it depends on the notebook." She pulled out all of her notebooks that she has written in (except for the one on Hemalurgy). "I've got more in the village, but these are my most commonly used ones. This one, for example, is about Alomancy." All of her notebooks looked the same, but Ladashwy could somehow tell her notebooks apart instinctively. She opened the notebook to a table she had organized, and showed it to Zola. "I have an extra blank notebook, and an unused pen if you want. And if you don't know how to read or write, I could teach you." 

Ladashwy is becoming attached to Zola... 

1 hour ago, Random Bystander said:

"Oh, well it depends on the notebook." She pulled out all of her notebooks that she has written in (except for the one on Hemalurgy). "I've got more in the village, but these are my most commonly used ones. This one, for example, is about Alomancy." All of her notebooks looked the same, but Ladashwy could somehow tell her notebooks apart instinctively. She opened the notebook to a table she had organized, and showed it to Zola. "I have an extra blank notebook, and an unused pen if you want. And if you don't know how to read or write, I could teach you." 

Zola glanced at Eryn, then decided it'd be fine. "Sure, sounds great! I know how to read a little bit, but I can only write my name."

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

Zola glanced at Eryn, then decided it'd be fine. "Sure, sounds great! I know how to read a little bit, but I can only write my name."

Ladashwy beamed. "Okay then, how do you feel about starting tomorrow?" I'll see how much she knows, and then go from there.

Just now, Condensation said:

"Sounds great! I mean, as long as I'm not doing anything else."

"Great!" Ladashwy brought out a blank notebook and an extra pen and handed them to Zola. "These are for you." She then grabbed a different blank notebook, and started writing up a teaching plan. 

5 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"Great!" Ladashwy brought out a blank notebook and an extra pen and handed them to Zola. "These are for you." She then grabbed a different blank notebook, and started writing up a teaching plan. 

Zola took the notebook and pen, then flipped through the notebook to make sure there was nothing in it. When she'd seen that there wasn't, she grinned. A clean slate! Well, notebook. But same difference.

"What? I was trying to comfort the kid!" Marie clenched her jaw, looked at Adilie out of the corner of her eye, and smoothed her fingers out of fists, over her pants. "You don't always get the chance to change careers and get adopted out of nowhere by a woman from the other side of the world! Sometimes you need to look back on your past, face it, and learn how to hurt fewer people in the future. She's eight, you think she knows how to knock someone out painlessly when breaking into a place, how to do cons so she doesn't even have to break in in the first place? What about how to end someone's suffering early if she accidentally got in a better strike than she wanted? And don't give me some rust about not breaking the law in the first place because not everyone has that option." She's probably lived in the Village all her life...makes me a hypocrite, though, I was a noble all my life before the spiking. She exhaled and looked down at the little girl again. "And my name is Marie."

9 hours ago, mathiau said:

Ene, going any farther with the 'convert the child to the dark side' would definitely count as causing trouble :)

To Adilie, yeah. The interesting thing with Hemalurgic control is that I don't believe we know how perception, as a cosmere law, comes in - is it the one controlling whose perception sets the lines, or is it the one being controlled? I'm tentatively going with the one being controlled, because I think it's better for the narrative - Marie can't do the mental gymnastics needed to lie to herself about consequences like "slicing this throat isn't going to hurt this person", so she can't get around most orders, but she'd be able to do this thing which she doesn't perceive as causing trouble for anyone (even if others might - and let's be fair, they'd see her doing just about anything at this point as malicious; they're not wrong because she's conditioned them to think that way, but it's something to note).

7 minutes ago, AonEne said:

"What? I was trying to comfort the kid!" Marie clenched her jaw, looked at Adilie out of the corner of her eye, and smoothed her fingers out of fists, over her pants. "You don't always get the chance to change careers and get adopted out of nowhere by a woman from the other side of the world! Sometimes you need to look back on your past, face it, and learn how to hurt fewer people in the future. She's eight, you think she knows how to knock someone out painlessly when breaking into a place, how to do cons so she doesn't even have to break in in the first place? What about how to end someone's suffering early if she accidentally got in a better strike than she wanted? And don't give me some rust about not breaking the law in the first place because not everyone has that option." She's probably lived in the Village all her life...makes me a hypocrite, though, I was a noble all my life before the spiking. She exhaled and looked down at the little girl again. "And my name is Marie."

"It didn't seem like your words were very comforting. She looked miserable. I know that she probably didn't have options, which is why I'm trying to GIVE her options. If she can read and write, many job opportunities will open up for her."

6 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"It didn't seem like your words were very comforting. She looked miserable. I know that she probably didn't have options, which is why I'm trying to GIVE her options. If she can read and write, many job opportunities will open up for her."

"It sounds like she was trying to help, even if that's a different way from what you would do. So it's all right." Zola smiled at Marie, having forgiven her. Not that there was much to forgive."

2 hours ago, AonEne said:

"I am sorry if I made you unhappy," Marie half-lied, smiling awkwardly at her. 

I highly doubt that she is actually sorry.

2 hours ago, Condensation said:

"It's all right. You didn't mean to." Zola smiled back.

"As long as you're fine with it, I'm fine with it."

Random, I know you're working off of fair assumptions, but remember that the knowledge you have isn't knowledge your character should necessarily have - I didn't say Marie was half-lying to have everyone instantly guess that she doesn't fully believe it. This is an understandable thing for newer RPers to do; maybe just keep in mind that just because you know something, Ladashwy might not have a way of telling. ^_^ 

Marie nodded at the two of them and leaned back on her seat. 

1 hour ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Should we just say we're at the mine?

I say yes. 

Drae jolted awake as the carriage halted. He swung down from the roof. He blinked in momentary surprise when he saw two others beside Eryn and Ladashwy in the carriage . Oops, forgot that they joined us. He tugged his beared lightly, frustrated at his memory loss. "Ready when you are." he said to Eryn. 

The aluminium mine held his gaze. Rusting metal . He thought that he'd be rid of aluminium when he quit the black market. The rusting metal always gets me in trouble, but at least I dont have to go back to Elendel. He cringed at the thought and pushed back the creeping memories. "Let's go" he whispered.

10 hours ago, Lecky Twig said:

Drae jolted awake as the carriage halted. He swung down from the roof. He blinked in momentary surprise when he saw two others beside Eryn and Ladashwy in the carriage . Oops, forgot that they joined us. He tugged his beared lightly, frustrated at his memory loss. "Ready when you are." he said to Eryn. 

The aluminium mine held his gaze. Rusting metal . He thought that he'd be rid of aluminium when he quit the black market. The rusting metal always gets me in trouble, but at least I dont have to go back to Elendel. He cringed at the thought and pushed back the creeping memories. "Let's go" he whispered.

Ladashwy climbed out of the carriage. It was the first time she had been in a carriage before, so it was exciting... for about the first five minutes. She hadn't realized how bumpy the carriage would be. Ladashwy looked around. "Okay. Where will I be working?"