Long Game 73: The Forgotten Coup

Sart

I... I... Ahhhhh why am I doing this Matrim Dannex because... of... this:

2 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Y'all really gonna stay on me huh

I don't remember when exactly the turn ends so without warning my item claim post might not come. If it doesn't just ask Ash next turn :P.

A few things:

1. When I flip village, look at the reasonings against me and the people who said them and all that again. I'm not exactly sure what you'll find but maybe it will be something.
  2. Mild gut distrust of Archer but I literally have that every single game
  3. Mild gut distrust of Connie and a bit of e/e feeling from her and Archer but idk where that's going if not to a dead end
  4. Don't give Illwei the Shadowblaze :P 
  5. Of the people voting me, I find Books, Striker, TJ, Quinn, Ventyl suspicious in that order. 'Suspicious' being the exact vote timing/reasoning and whatnot but of those five I'd much rather kill Striker over anyone else. Speaking of which, if anyone wants to do that I'd be down...
  6. I'm not drawing a line to remove a vote in an attempt to save myself. What's the point? Not trying to take from the supply either cause that could just ruin someone else's chance of getting an item when if it went to me it'd just go straight back in :/

I'll be here likely until rollover so just quote/@ me and I'll respond to anything.

I... this... reads so village to me. If this is a clever ploy by Matrim then good for you I've been thoroughly tricked XD I'd expect an elim to use the chalk to remove a vote, and at least survive for a cycle--it benefits them to get a mix, even if it doesn't directly harm them to lose one of their own right now since the Defense won't lower. (Edit: to more thoroughly explain my thoughts, I'd add that an elim also wouldn't want the Chalk to go to the Supply, as it's one more opportunity for the village to defend)

@Matrim's Dice are you using the Bucket of Acid? You have to use it during the Day for it to work, apparently : P

Edited by Quinn0928

2 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

@Sart Vote count?

Dannex (5): Ash, Burnt, Me, Illwei, Quinn

Me (4): You, TJ, Ventyl, Books

Gears (3): Kas, Araris, Stink

Everyone else doesn't matter at this point

Edited by Matrim's Dice

1 minute ago, Alvron said:

Stop asking the GMs to do a vote count and do your own.  :P  It's not the GMs job to keep you informed of the VC.

[OOC: I sure do remember when we didn't ask the GM, just made our own :P Kids these days... Now someone get their PMs off my lawn!

/Araris moment]

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

Whelp, can’t say I’m surprised this is happening, but dang. I hope Dannex flips elim for y’all’s sake, because this looks mega sus.

hey you can't blame me if he flips vil :P 

Dannex (5): Illwei, Ash, Burnt, Matrim, Quinn
Matrim's Dice (5): TJ Shade, StrikerEZ, Flyingbooks, Ventyl, Devotary
Gears (3): STINK, Araris Valerian, Kasimir
Random Bystander (1): Mist
Illwei (1): Archer

Dannex said in signups that signing up was a mistake, which presumably indicates a lack of time to dedicate to the game, so the lack of posts (though they have said things in PM) cannot be assumed to be auto-evil.

Gears claims elim immediately, advocates for no D1 exe and small group defense instead of the RNG plan. I know the every post analysis is something Gears has done as evil, but didn't do in his last village game, although that probably has more to do with QF 50's 20 page cycles than alignment.

I do get some aggrieved elim annoyed they're dying for the wrong reasons from Matrim, but don't remember if this is how Matrim responds to unwarranted suspicion.

I don't like the sudden swing to Dannex for reasons they had little control over. I will scream if this turns into 'saving Dannex every cycle again', though the situations are quite different. Acid would be a weird item for an elim to start with, and can be checked for lies. I'll vote Matrim I guess but I don't really like this.  Should have read more.

This you?

34 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

This might be one of the strangest D1s I’ve been in. I would’ve expected more people to get on and defend Mat. I guess Illwei kind of is, but no one else is. I still think that Mat is an elim...but I’m not as sure of it anymore. I don’t want to vote on anyone else, but this is a little odd to me.

Quinn, I’m mulitasking :P

1 minute ago, StrikerEZ said:

Whelp, can’t say I’m surprised this is happening, but dang. I hope Dannex flips elim for y’all’s sake, because this looks mega sus.

Yeah I don't even know how that makes me look... given that I was the one who spearheaded the Matrim exe in the first place. Actually I guess it makes me look more sus if Dannex flips elim : P but I hope he does anyway

The debate in the crowded mess hall grew louder and louder. A self-professed Servant of the Mad God claimed to be a Forgotten, but was ultimately dismissed. The crowd eventually set its eyes on Joshua. His arguments were flawed, and drew many criticisms. However, Joshua begged for his life, and set the mob on a different target. Dan was normally one of the most talkative people on the front lines, but he had gone strangely silent during this argument. The camp reasoned that this was proof enough that Dan had been possessed. Unfortunately, Dan was not possessed, and was merely unprepared for the deluge of words against him. He died quickly, not even getting to say any last words.

Vote Count:
Dannex (6): Ashbringer, Burnt Spaghetti, Illwei, Matrim's Dice, Quinn0928, Ventyl
Matrim's Dice (4): FlyingBooks, StrikerEZ, TJ Shade, Devotary of Spontaneity
Gears (3): Araris Valerian, Kasimir, STINK
Illwei (1): Archer
Random Bystander (1): Mist

Dannex was a Rithmatist.

Items Taken:

Spoiler
  • Ventyl grabbed a Piece of Chalk
  • The Unknown Order grabbed a Piece of Chalk
  • Kasimir grabbed a Piece of Chalk
  • Araris Valerian grabbed a Bucket of Acid
  • Mist grabbed a Bribe
  • Archer grabbed a Bribe
  • Condensation grabbed a Spring-Powered Crab
  • Devotary of Spontaneity grabbed a Spring-Powered Crab
  • Quinn grabbed a Lantern
  • TJ Shade grabbed a Lantern
  • Gears grabbed a Book of Making
  • Ashbringer grabbed a Book of Revocation
  • Flying Books grabbed a Book of Vigor
  • Alvron grabbed a Map

Camp Supply:

Spoiler
  • 5 Pieces of Chalk
  • 2 Buckets of Acid
  • 4 Bribes
  • 4 Spring-Powered Crabs
  • 2 Maps
  • 2 Lanterns

Player List:

Hide contents
  1. @Gears : Servant of the Mad God
  2. @Quinn0928 : Nicole Cooper
  3. @Ashbringer : Faleast
  4. @Lotus : Daughter of the Prime forest
  5. @Flyingbooks
  6. @Archer : Evan Wallace
  7. @Burnt Spaghetti : Tia Vuur
  8. @Ventyl : Shimamura Sakura
  9. @The Unknown Order : Atreco Tel
  10. @Araris Valerian : Elysian
  11. @StrikerEZ : Frederick Kerr
  12. @Alvron : Blackbane
  13. @Shard of Reading
  14. @Random Bystander
  15. @Illwei
  16. @TJ Shade
  17. @Condensation : Connie
  18. @Devotary of Spontaneity : Kaniae Moreau
  19. @Kasimir : Duncan Kerr
  20. @Matrim's Dice : Joshua
  21. @STINK : Respected Madman
  22. @Mist : Tria Noche
  23. Dannex Rithmatist

This Night will end at 8 PM CST on January 31st. The Strength of the Wild Chalklings is at 2.

Edited by Sart
Wrong RP character

Yay! Books!

Thank you Sart for handling the chaos I caused. Sorry Dannex. Missed.

But there was a vote manipulation on Matrim. Interesting. Quite Interesting. I'll come back to that.

Edited by Ashbringer

sigh

I wish that didn't have to have happened for me to live :/

That's a lot of items taken to analyze but I'll do that later

I didn't know we got the strength of the chalklings though so that's nice

edit: @Ashbringer it doesn't look like there was manip on me...

Edited by Matrim's Dice

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

Also, someone took my chalk. 

The Thief, right? I mean, who else could it be.

I really shouldn't be alive :P.

Edit: @Illwei, Ventyl happened :P.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Just now, Ashbringer said:

Also, someone took my chalk. 

So the question is... was it the Thief? Or someone who started with Specialization in Line of Revocation?

(math here: 7 Chalk originally - 3 Chalk taken + 1 Chalk added because Dannex died = 5 Chalk, which is what's in the Supply. Normal Line of Revocation being used would send your Chalk to the Supply)

Perhaps the Thief thought I started with the Shadowblaze...

@Thief (and everyone, because I seem to be hearing this a lot) - I said I would be going for the Shadowblaze before the game started, in the signups thread. This isn't me using my RP as an excuse to steal the Shadowblaze out from your noses. Or, well, it didn't start that way. Rithmatist!me and Forgotten!me would both be doing this. NonRithmatist!me would... probably also be doing this. Thief!me would be doing something similarly chaotic but also probably want the Shadowblaze as a confirmable neutral role.

Also, the Book is consumed, so please steal from someone else. I'm out of items, and will not be contributing to the collective today. I'll grab another chalk or a map or something.