Long Game 74: You Want It Darker

Kasimir

2 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Not I. 

How did you know? 

Wow. So violent... 

I know you’ve mentioned it before but I can’t actually remember and I don’t know where it was but why am I the most noted? Like you admitted, you ended up even soothing a vote off me last day. 

Iso is here for reference. Your crimes are as follows: Malicious framing [AKA tunneling, confirmation bias]. Problem: I haven't played with you before. I do not know if your modus operandi is malicious framing and tunnelling on your suspicions for very little reasoning. Other problem: I don't see a reason why eliMai would do this either. Other other problem: I have nothing else. I do not suspect anyone. You are noted. I don't see a reason to advocate for your continued existence. I wouldn't be voting on you except for the fact that Roko is a bit antsy right now and finds murder to be an excellent stress reliever. And also because I'm losing touch with the game again, and murder is ever so engaging.

Sidenote: I just realised that the tags of merged threads are casually existing in the main one, what is this witchcraft, why don't people do this as a matter of course, how in the nation of tar is this differentiated, how are tags sorted, what is nutmeg, why do I permanently associate axolotls with helicopters, how do you merge tags along with their threads?

Roko the Basilisk flipped a coin a few times, catching it and flipping it again before it landed. Heads or tails, fangs or serpents, needles or eyes, innocent or bloodstained. Marll was a gamble, a risk, particularly since it didn't find him to be especially suspicious, but this was a gamble that it was willing to make. A handy distraction from the walls, from the glory of madness, from the intricacies of the human [and kandra] psyche. In many ways, murder was an awful lot like lavender tea.

15 minutes ago, Gears said:

Sidenote: I just realised that the tags of merged threads are casually existing in the main one, what is this witchcraft, why don't people do this as a matter of course, how in the nation of tar is this differentiated, how are tags sorted, what is nutmeg, why do I permanently associate axolotls with helicopters, how do you merge tags along with their threads?

Can I second this?

Immediate four votes on Maill, the kind of voting you get when someone is scanned as evil. Except there's no indication that's the case. Of the four people voting on Maill, only Mat voted for Maill D3 and said things indicating he would do so again today. TJ talked about the vote manipulation that saved Maill, but it looks like we know what that since Gears is claiming to have Soothed a vote off Maill. Simplest explanation is that Gears is the only vote manipulator still alive with the three missing votes D1 being Quinn, Gears, and XP moving a vote to Stick, but it's also possible there are more manips out there.

22 minutes ago, Gears said:

When you edit the original post you can add tags, so I've been manually copying the tags for each turn into the main thread. We haven't been doing it because it requires typing the tags up again with no automatic way to merge them. Sometimes the tags are arranged in the order I add them and sometimes they aren't, so I don't know what's going on with that.

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

Tags are weird and tend to get rearranged for no reason, it happens on normal threads too.

Not game-relevant, which is what saves you here, but you're nicked, sonny. Back to the lands of the dead with you.

Remember lads and lasses: this ain't Nalthis. Dead don't Return here ;) 

And be glad it's me doing the arrest here, as my co-GM comes down on people like the hammer of God himself.

23 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Immediate four votes on Maill, the kind of voting you get when someone is scanned as evil. Except there's no indication that's the case. Of the four people voting on Maill, only Mat voted for Maill D3 and said things indicating he would do so again today. TJ talked about the vote manipulation that saved Maill, but it looks like we know what that since Gears is claiming to have Soothed a vote off Maill. Simplest explanation is that Gears is the only vote manipulator still alive with the three missing votes D1 being Quinn, Gears, and XP moving a vote to Stick, but it's also possible there are more manips out there.

I think Illwei would have voted Maill if she had remembered that the Day was ending :P 

36 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I think Illwei would have voted Maill if she had remembered that the Day was ending

Illwei probably would have voted Maill over Quinn but they seemed somewhat conflicted and confused D3 and now she doesn't, which suggests that something, Quinn being village or otherwise, has happened to change that read.

6 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Illwei probably would have voted Maill over Quinn but they seemed somewhat conflicted and confused D3 and now she doesn't, which suggests that something, Quinn being village or otherwise, has happened to change that read.

Hi

I'm conflicted and confused

but no one has come out to defend Maill like I've asked

and all I have is an Elim read

if no one wants to argue with me I'm fine sitting here

I'd also like to hear more from Reading on anything. They were a candidate D1 and then kinda slid under the radar so. ? also @Dannex I'd like to hear anything from

9 minutes ago, Illwei said:

I'm conflicted and confused

but no one has come out to defend Maill like I've asked

and all I have is an Elim read

if no one wants to argue with me I'm fine sitting here

Could be he's innocent. Could also be that his elim teammates think he's a lost cause and are bussing. It's also less than 12 hours into the turn. If he has teammates, they could also just be hoping someone else will bring up the "no defense" argument and save him in the next 36 hours. 

I finished my essay! (and still have three other things to do tonight but they can wait because I've been really poor about posting here)

So. I have been reading through everything, and am sad that the TUO flip did not produce an elim. I was very convinced there and it's made me re-evaluate all my reads. At the very least my idea of an elim team that was completely lurking/inactive has been shot down, and I've forced myself to take second looks at some of my softer trusts. That said, I'm still (almost) completely sure that Maill is good, and will be presenting some counter-arguments to his shrekking later today or tomorrow. 

A list of people I want to look at in addition to Maill, though I may not get to everyone at the same time:

- Gears. Been getting village vibes from the recent analysis, but I want to confirm that the content of said analysis lines up with my perception of it.

- TJ. Less confident in his village-ness, mostly because the pool of suspects is dwindling. He's worth re-examination at the very least.

- Illwei. Still suspicious there, doubly so since the thread has moved past her without much comment.

- Burnt. Has emerged in thread a bit more recently, as well as in PMs. Don't know if this is correcting an oversight or an effort to become more visibly trusted, but right now assuming a v!Maill I think she's good.

- All the Maill voters from last cycle, and the Quinn voters. I think there's at least one elim on each wagon and will try to deduce who.

Here is D1's Vote count (prior to manipulation) with confirmed alignments marked and my reads. 

Reading (4): Araris, Fifth, Illwei, Books
Striker (2): Pyro, Matrim
Stick (1): XP
Illwei (1): Maill
Quinn (1): Dannex
Pyro (1): Bard
Books (8): Gears, Quinn, Ventyl, Stick, Striker, Ash, Devotary, TJ

Day 2:

StrikerEZ (9): Matrim's Dice, The Windrunner Supreme, Mailliw73, Quintessential, Fifth Scholar, Tani, BipletThe Young Pyromancer, _Stick_
The Young Pyromancer (5): Araris Valerian, Devotary of Spontaneity, Illwei, StrikerEZ, TJ Shade
Ashbringer (1): Young Bard
The Unknown Order (1): Ashbringer
Mailliw73 (1): Experience

Day 3:

Quintessential (5): Araris Valerian, Burnt Spaghetti, Devotary of Spontaneity, Elandera, Mailliw73, STINK
Mailliw73 (4): Biplet, Matrim's Dice, Quintessential, Tani, The Windrunner Supreme
Dannex (2): Fifth Scholar, Illwei
The Windrunner Supreme (1): TJ Shade

There are increasingly less options for elims to be on the two major trains from the first two days. Ash, TJ, and Devo are the likely options form D1, I think. and I'd expect the Pyro exe to have one too, which TJ and Devo show up on again. D3 is interesting because it was so close. This time TJ ends up nowhere relevant which is of note, Ash doesn't vote, and Devo is on the winning (or losing) exe again... I think I'm going with Devotary for now.

19 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

- Illwei. Still suspicious there, doubly so since the thread has moved past her without much comment.

Maybe

just possibly

because there was no reasoning to begin with? 

3 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Devo is on the winning (or losing) exe again... I think I'm going with Devotary for now.

Devo always votes late into the cycle, and therefore only really votes on the top wagons at all?

I love not remembering to follow the thread. It’s fun.

Here’s the problem. If Mailliw and me(Ash) are both Village, we’ve essentially spent four turns barking up the wrong tree. We don’t know for certain, but if all these trains have been on Villagers then the Elims have just been doing what they want, and I have a sinking feeling that the Village Seeker hasn’t been making that much progress. If they even exist. Bartholemew may have been our only one... 

Hmm. Fifth’s around, although I’ll be watching for that analysis. What Mailliw will flip... I have no clue. But at this point I think we need to know, so Mailliw. I’ll look for other targets, but that may be combing the threads for hours. 

If anyone here had a role claim from Biplet or Young Bard, please say so. Either we have a Spiked Seeker or we have an info leak. And while I have some ideas as to who may have gotten a claim out of those two... having a profile would be a large help. Elims don’t kill new players N3 without reason.

19 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I love not remembering to follow the thread. It’s fun.

Here’s the problem. If Mailliw and me(Ash) are both Village, we’ve essentially spent four turns barking up the wrong tree. We don’t know for certain, but if all these trains have been on Villagers then the Elims have just been doing what they want, and I have a sinking feeling that the Village Seeker hasn’t been making that much progress. If they even exist. Bartholemew may have been our only one... 

Hmm. Fifth’s around, although I’ll be watching for that analysis. What Mailliw will flip... I have no clue. But at this point I think we need to know, so Mailliw. I’ll look for other targets, but that may be combing the threads for hours. 

If anyone here had a role claim from Biplet or Young Bard, please say so. Either we have a Spiked Seeker or we have an info leak. And while I have some ideas as to who may have gotten a claim out of those two... having a profile would be a large help. Elims don’t kill new players N3 without reason.

If you're calling me out about claims, the answer is no. These two stonewalled me, for good reason, we know now. I think TJ and Devo are our best bets (or Illwei, but I'm not going there again. :P I end up just spiraling...)

1 hour ago, Mailliw73 said:

If you're calling me out about claims, the answer is no. These two stonewalled me, for good reason, we know now. I think TJ and Devo are our best bets (or Illwei, but I'm not going there again. :P I end up just spiraling...)

Not you, specifically. Illwei and Burnt are the most likely ones I think would extract a claim from people. But I'm assuming there's a 50/50 chance that the hypothetical Elim-Claim-Extractor will actually claim, so if they claimed to anyone else their relative playstyle would probably fit the bill... I don't think that makes any sense. I think an Elim!Seeker is much more likely anyway.

But now that you mention it, the main PMs that were sent early were Mailliw, Illwei, and STINK (and Quinn, but... sigh). And not Burnt. But I didn't really get an info-push feel from any of those... but that's not surprising for various reasons.

I've gone down the Illwei spiral before... maybe. I still need to learn when Illwei's joking, 'joking', "joking", "'joking"', ""joking"", or serious. Then again perhaps I'm not one to talk :P

@Elbereth @little wilson

GM Announcement: Our first pinch-hitter has entered the game. Please welcome @Haelbarde, PR Agent to the Brightness Ascendant, Lord Parodium, the M'Hael, lately known as Ambition and Scorp to the game. He will be replacing @Daisy, which is technically a violation of my existing inactives policy, but Wilson and El have ruled that either way is fine.

Just to be clear, Wilson's ruling for how pinch-hitters are going to takeover: they get a fresh new GM PM that copies the GM PM that the OG received. They will be told what PMs the inactive had and how much went down there, but they will not be automatically added to existing PMs, so if you want to talk to them, you have to make your own.

I have two requests for a pinch-hitter existing, including Tani's, and I am currently sorting out which of the existing pinch-hitters will be taking over whom.

Welcome Hael!

4 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

They will be told what PMs the inactive had and how much went down there, but they will not be automatically added to existing PMs, so if you want to talk to them, you have to make your own.

@Kasimir Could I add the pinch-hitter to an existing PM?

1 minute ago, Illwei said:

So if I had a PM with Tani, I can't add the replacement so that they can see what Tani has said to me previously?

Conferred with Wilson and that's the idea, yeah. The ruling is you make your own PM. 

1 minute ago, Haelbarde said:

Greetings and salutations all!

Don't suppose anyone would mind giving me the tl;dr version of the game to date?
First person totally isn't evil.
Thanks!

Theres been chaos, a tonne of village deaths and wyrm has been very nice to Kas