Long Game 74: You Want It Darker

Kasimir

21 hours ago, Gears said:

1. Vote was close, didn't want a tie. I ended up successfully preventing a tie, so I consider that a victory. Also, I really like the aesthetic of Roko holding a hand over Tesse's mouth as she struggles against the wrath of the mob, desperately attempting to speak and save herself but silenced by a cruel smile. Or Roko Soothing away her will to live, her struggles growing weaker and weaker until she finally stops fighting back. Gleaming eyes and echoing laughter and the reaching talons of the void. Honey and citrine and amber and gold. Comprehension?

2. Because no one else has been noted nearly as much as Maia. And you were the one to say trust instincts. My instincts say that my first instincts are lying to me and that Maia must die for illogical antics and general oddities. My read of Maia [as a Noted NAI] hasn't changed. However, they are the Most Noted. Also, I've been wanting to stab them for a while [not a "they're suspicious" stab, just a friendly stab], and this is a wonderful way to do that. I said I would do this in the iso!Wei. Did you not read the Ill!so? Exclamations and dramatic airs of shock and horror.

But had Quinn not used her own vote manip, the exe wouldn't have been affected by your soothing at all - did you know Quinn's role? And okay, fair enough on that second part :P I'm gonna take my own advice and trust my instincts too then Gears 

l would also be open to a Devo lynch - I'm still working on their ISO though 

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunny noticed two newcomers @Haelbarde @Condensation join the bloody mess that was Fallion's Tears. She could imagine how overwhelmed they must be - thrust in the midst of all the happenings. So, she decided to throw them a little welcome party with - of course - cake. She was certain that this would make up for all the inconvenience all this murder that had been happening around town lately might have caused for the pair.

(image in spoiler)

Spoiler

g.png.9743eb9dd1763e8ff02fd7e88d2f64e6.png

(image in spoiler)

Spoiler

fb.png.a283926a0b97eed2cc9c2a2f25693064.png

(shout-out to Stink for the idea :P)

• STINK locked this topic

Well, I guess killing Quinn kills the thread... Thanks elims for ending the discussion. :P

I don't know that I myself have much to add right now, I've been busy but am trying to expand my information and contacts again. 

5 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Thanks elims for ending the discussion. :P

Quinn was... exed...

Who voted Quinn? Maill, Elan, STINK, Devo, Araris, Burnt.

THERE'S OUR ELIM TEAM, FOLKS!!!!!!!

Obviously, that is very very unlikely. But still kind of an interesting phrasing :P 

I think the lack of discussion is less from killing Quinn and more from already deciding who is to die today.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Quinn was... exed...

Who voted Quinn? Maill, Elan, STINK, Devo, Araris, Burnt.

THERE'S OUR ELIM TEAM, FOLKS!!!!!!!

Obviously, that is very very unlikely. But still kind of an interesting phrasing :P 

I think the lack of discussion is less from killing Quinn and more from already deciding who is to die today.

Uh. Yeah idk why I got Bip and Quinn confused... XD 

Me? I mean I know I’m not persuading you or Illwei to move anywhere but I do ask the others to consider the potential of Devo and TJ votes. 

My Definitely Accurate Vote Count:

• Mailliw (5): Matrim, Illwei, TJ, Gears, Ash
  • Devotary (1): Mailliw
  • Gears (2): Araris, Stick

So. We've got a lot of people here not voting, which makes me nervous. Gears has claimed the Soother on Mailliw (I think... Stick turned a softclaim into a hardclaim?) which also makes me nervous. Now the exe is between Mailliw and Gears, who are tied together significantly because of that Soothing and that, surprise, makes me nervous. In short, Ash is nervous. And nervous Ash does nervous things.

@Gears, are you a Soother? If so, what did you do D1/D2? And why did you remove a vote from Mailliw instead of voting for Quinn (or doing both)?

@Fifth Scholar, how's the analysis going?

@Devotary of Spontaneity, what's your opinion on Mailliw vs Gears vs someone else?

@_Stick_, you've got Mailliw's claimed role. Anything we should know?

@ SEEKER, I hope you're working behind the scenes, but if you've scanned Maill as Village (with a role, as Maill seems to have one) or Elim, we probably need to know. Particularly if you've got a Lurcher friend somehow.

Misties have been up to something. They're dropping like flies.

No matter. Means more business. More people wanting metal. Good metal.

To protect, to kill. I don't care. Just about the iron. More iron. Less steel.

But no. More requests for steel anyways.

It's in the forge. Nice red hot iron. Not good for tasting. Yet. 

Copper is ready. So is brass. 

I think that's brass.

I must taste.

Yes. Brass. 

Iron is ready to smelt. Ready to make steel. Always steel.

Ow. Hot. Tongs.

On 3/8/2021 at 5:58 PM, Mailliw73 said:

There are increasingly less options for elims to be on the two major trains from the first two days. Ash, TJ, and Devo are the likely options form D1, I think. and I'd expect the Pyro exe to have one too, which TJ and Devo show up on again. D3 is interesting because it was so close. This time TJ ends up nowhere relevant which is of note, Ash doesn't vote, and Devo is on the winning (or losing) exe again... I think I'm going with [Devotary] for now.

Why do you think the suspicious votes from D1 are the ones on the person who got exed while the D2 suspicious votes are the ones on the main counterwagon? And then D3 it's back to suspicion of the votes for the exe target. My votes already aren't super valuable since things are often decided by then, but they would be even less important if I didn't vote or voted for someone without any votes, so I'll pretty much always go for someone who has a chance of dying.

2 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

[Devotary] what's your opinion on Mailliw vs Gears vs someone else?

My Maill opinion is worse now than the neutral-positive when I voted for Quinn yesterday as Maill survived with Burnt and Maill's votes after mine and then apparently a Soothe from Gears, with Quinn then flipping village. I do also note Maill voting for me based on my voting patterns after earlier criticising Quinn for basing her reads on voting patterns. Opinion hasn't gone all the way to negative though. 

I'm not a fan of Gears Soothing a vote off Maill but then not making his opinion public by actually voting for Quinn, especially since people seem to have known Gears's role already. Gears' opposition to the Fallion Four's D2 decision to vote for Striker seems too honest to have known about it, i.e. be evil with any of those four, or at the very least would have opposed it in doc if Maill or Stick were evil with Gears.

Someone else, I don't know. I'd agree with Araris that the elims killing lower posters suggests that there are several more active elims. There's not actually a lot of people matching that; we've got a lot of mediums and I don't want to vote someone just for activity. I do think Tani's reaction to Quinn's death means she and now Connie are village. Vague Matrim/Illwei team just because the initial PM group agreed to kill Illwei and the group that included Matrim ended up killing someone else but I could be completely wrong on the timing of this and who was making the decisions to switch the kill to Maill and then XP. I've never really been into a vote on Ash. I probably should know more about Stick but also have the anti sunk cost feel like she's village if Maill is evil and a village Maill means we should give up and look somewhere else.

2 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Why do you think the suspicious votes from D1 are the ones on the person who got exed while the D2 suspicious votes are the ones on the main counterwagon? And then D3 it's back to suspicion of the votes for the exe target. My votes already aren't super valuable since things are often decided by then, but they would be even less important if I didn't vote or voted for someone without any votes, so I'll pretty much always go for someone who has a chance of dying.

Because D1, the ones we don't know are the very end ones. On D2, we know that the later ones (aside from Stick) on Striker were village. So it stands to reason that there would be some on the Pyro exe. On D3, we know no one's alignment really from those votes, so the winning train is the one of note. Maybe I'm just suspicious of late votes, and that's why you come up, but that is a fairly common place to hide. 

Devotary. Gears. I'm going to be sad if you get exed since our PM has been so good, but you are so NAI that I just don't know what to do with you and the Devotary exe doesn't look like it's going to go anywhere.