Humm...

Tacitus

Ya think the shattered plains are gonna un-shatter? I dunno, it's more of just a thought, but with all the talk of investiture 'filling in the cracks' of people, I wonder: is that going to relate to the shattered plains? 

Edited by Omi the Counselor

• 2 weeks later...

It's an interesting question, which reminds me of all the "patterns in the Shattered Plains", "what could have caused this", and cymatics foreshadowing from the Way of Kings.  It sure seems like Brandon was laying the groundwork for SOMETHING... and knowing him, it will be more epic than even we can guess.

21 minutes ago, AquaRegia said:

It's an interesting question, which reminds me of all the "patterns in the Shattered Plains", "what could have caused this", and cymatics foreshadowing from the Way of Kings.  It sure seems like Brandon was laying the groundwork for SOMETHING... and knowing him, it will be more epic than even we can guess.

Ah, totally different question.  "what could have caused this" is most likely a big plot device as it has been alluded to many times.  I just don't think they will be "un-shattered", but how they were shattered will be a big deal at some point.  I'm thinking Dawnshard!  

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2021 at 2:03 PM, earthexile said:

The Shattered Plains have been the way they are for a long time, and lived in. I suspect that the spren of the region are used to the way things are now, which means healing them together with surges is probably out of the question.

Not to mention that the east side has been eroded for millenia. It's one thing for a large force to crack the ground. It strikes me as far more difficult to somehow create mass to fill in all the holes