Long Game 78: The Legend of Zelda: The False Heroes

Biplet

Eyyyy

That plan to make me a ton of Random PMs actually worked out pretty well

I was put in touch with Zelda :D

and they have told me that they just found out that DRAKE IS YIGA.

Makes sense why they were defending TUO then, they knew how they would flip.

so uh link

if you could take care of that

Thx

Edited by Dannex

53 minutes ago, Dannex said:

Eyyyy

and they have told me that they just found out that DRAKE IS YIGA.

Makes sense why they were defending TUO then, they knew how they would flip.

so uh link

if you could take care of that

Thx

Thank you both! Has Zelda gotten a scan off on that Knight? If Link fails to go 3 for 3, I think that'll be the obvious exe tomorrow. But it depends what happens. 

2 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Uh, no? No I don't think so.

Not a bad trick, though. Almost as good of a real scan, in fact.

You think Dannex is faking it? It'd be risky if they were wrong. 

2 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

I’m hoping those PMs that exist are being helpful…

Well. TUO was village. A decent shot, but wrong all the same. Mobile makes it hard to go back, but I’m guessing we’re back to Drake, Steel, Archer, TJ, in some order.

Oi! Why am I being sussed? 

20 minutes ago, Archer said:

You think Dannex is faking it? It'd be risky if they were wrong. 

If Drake dies and is village, it seems more likely, if riskier to test, that it's the Zelda claimant who's evil. Since Zelda and Link are still alive and we shouldn't be anywhere near the point where the elims can outvote us, it's worth Link killing Drake. It would be nice to make sure that should Dannex die tonight, someone else knows the identity of the Zelda claimant in case the scan is false.

29 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

If Drake dies and is village, it seems more likely, if riskier to test, that it's the Zelda claimant who's evil. Since Zelda and Link are still alive and we shouldn't be anywhere near the point where the elims can outvote us, it's worth Link killing Drake. It would be nice to make sure that should Dannex die tonight, someone else knows the identity of the Zelda claimant in case the scan is false.

smh I have to explain everything myself :P

I think the probability of evil!Zelda claimer is practically nil and you should think so too

I was confused for a moment but the only possible explanation is that Dannex is pretending to have a scan result because they are sure enough that I'm evil to try and bait me into outing myself. Which tbh would have probably worked if I was indeed evil so I'm not gonna say it was a bad idea.

@Dannex where are you

11 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Whoops, got distracted by RoW reading and forgot to get on for a while. Totally missed the TUO lynch. Too bad that didn’t work out well. I’ll try to keep up better.

RoW is better than SE.

11 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I think the probability of evil!Zelda claimer is practically nil and you should think so too

If Dannex has people he trusts enough to share a prospective Zelda's identity with, it would be a bad idea for an elim to claim Zelda. If he doesn't, the elims could probably get away with having an elim postman put an elim in contact with Dannex, claim Zelda with a false scan result, and then killing Dannex before he can reveal the name of the person who claimed Zelda. We wouldn't learn anything from that except that there's a decent chance of an elim postman.

18 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

smh I have to explain everything myself :P

I was confused for a moment but the only possible explanation is that Dannex is pretending to have a scan result because they are sure enough that I'm evil to try and bait me into outing myself. Which tbh would have probably worked if I was indeed evil so I'm not gonna say it was a bad idea.

@Dannex where are you

If I don’t actually have a scan result and this is just based on my suspicions, why didn’t I vote you last cycle? 

Why would me, a villager, try and manipulate the other villagers into exing someone that might not be elim, and someone that I’ve never even expressed suspicion of.

Actually, why would me, a villager, try and manipulate the other villagers, period. That’s just a bad idea.

48 minutes ago, Dannex said:

If I don’t actually have a scan result and this is just based on my suspicions, why didn’t I vote you last cycle? 

Probably because we were all busy having an informal contest to see who could sus TUO the hardest :P

53 minutes ago, Dannex said:

Why would me, a villager, try and manipulate the other villagers into exing someone that might not be elim, and someone that I’ve never even expressed suspicion of.

Actually, why would me, a villager, try and manipulate the other villagers, period. That’s just a bad idea.

Is it? The right village gambit at the right time can accomplish quite a bit.

Gotta say, Drake, Dannex is a bit more trusted than you right now. Not that she(?) couldn’t be wrong, but I’m more willing to trust her source than your claim to be good.

I did laugh a bit and feel bad for you reading last cycle. I saw posts saying if TUO flipped Elim you were confirmed Elim, and if TUO flipped village you were confirmed Elim. You couldn’t win. If you’re truly Elim I don’t care that you can’t win, but still, it was a little heartbreaking.

3 hours ago, Dannex said:

You're welcome.

16 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Is it? The right village gambit at the right time can accomplish quite a bit.

So true.  Gamma did a great gambit similar in LG3.  He PMed all the remaining players and told them that they had been scanned as elim.  The real elim (Joe) figured the game was up and outted himself in thread.

2 hours ago, Alvron said:

You're welcome.

So true.  Gamma did a great gambit similar in LG3.  He PMed all the remaining players and told them that they had been scanned as elim.  The real elim (Joe) figured the game was up and outted himself in thread.

NGL, that's pretty awesome.

2 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I reiterate, I am not a Yiga. I am a traveler in a green hat selling you overpriced bananas.

Sure. And I'm a talking sword.

2 hours ago, Jondesu said:

Sure. And I'm a talking sword.

Which one?  I mean we have several Invested/talking swords so if you could narrow it down a bit...

5 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I reiterate, I am not a Yiga. I am a traveler in a green hat selling you overpriced bananas.

glares

also, i'm curious - how bad would it be this far into the game to lose another villager? i'm trying my best to keep up lmao

Just now, WhiffleWaffles said:

I'm more inclined to believe Dannex after the identification of Illwei as Kohga. 

Here's the thing though, it's not Dannex that's in question.  It's their source.  Dannex is basically a proven villager but the one claiming to be Zelda is the one I'm wondering about.  Admittedly, it would be foolish of an elim to fake claim given their losses but remember that they only need to kill Zelda and Link to win the game, not outnumber the village.  If this is a fake claim it could be to draw out the real Zelda giving them half their win con.  A bold gambit but one that could pay big.

59 minutes ago, Alvron said:

Here's the thing though, it's not Dannex that's in question.  It's their source.  Dannex is basically a proven villager but the one claiming to be Zelda is the one I'm wondering about.  Admittedly, it would be foolish of an elim to fake claim given their losses but remember that they only need to kill Zelda and Link to win the game, not outnumber the village.  If this is a fake claim it could be to draw out the real Zelda giving them half their win con.  A bold gambit but one that could pay big.

Given how dannex has played so far, it doesn't seem like they would publicly make a claim like that (identifying someone as Yiga after being told so from Zelda) unless they knew their source was correct. They probably received a pm from a Zelda claimant, scanned them to ensure that they actually are Zelda, then shared any information passed along. In a situation like this, I don’t think dannex would take risks on something this big when it would be easy for them to verify the claimant’s role.