Let’s not lie to ourselves

Mage

Like the title says. Despite what you may think about the coolness of each magic system, Ferring names are way cooler than Misting names. I mean Skimmer, Sentry, Bloodmaker, Trueself. I could name a dozen more ;)

Compare that to Allomancy. Coin shot, Lurcher, Soother, Rioter? Those are objectively more lame.

Change my mind. (I could make this a meme)

3 hours ago, Mage said:

Like the title says. Despite what you may think about the coolness of each magic system, Ferring names are way cooler than Misting names. I mean Skimmer, Sentry, Bloodmaker, Trueself. I could name a dozen more ;)

Compare that to Allomancy. Coin shot, Lurcher, Soother, Rioter? Those are objectively more lame.

Change my mind. (I could make this a meme)

I am quite partial to "Nicroburst" just because it kinda sounds like a superhero name.

1 hour ago, Frustration said:

You are correct Ferring names are better.

Except skimmer, that one is bad.

Dunno, I kind of like skimmer

3 hours ago, Halyo_Alex said:

I am quite partial to "Nicroburst" just because it kinda sounds like a superhero name.

Okay, I will give you that one. Leecher is a little cool as well.

1 hour ago, Njvodin said:

I for one, really want to know the full list of Twinborn combinations. Crasher already sounds really cool. I wonder what someone with F-copper and A-pewter would be?:blink:

There was a pretty comprehensive list in the alloy of the law version of the mistborn TTRPG (which I still cannot find anyone who wants to run). They were pretty awesome in my opinion. At least as cool as Feruchemy names. Granted I would be a full feruchemist over a mistborn anyday.

Edited by TheWanderer

8 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

There was a pretty comprehensive list in the alloy of the law version of the mistborn TTRPG (which I still cannot find anyone who wants to run). They were pretty awesome in my opinion. At least as cool as Feruchemy names. Granted I would be a full feruchemist over a mistborn anyday.

I will gladly run the AoL MBTTRPG with you. I have the original book, but not any of the extensions.

And I agree with you on Feruchemist over Mistborn. Especially in a society where we don’t need to assassinate/try not to be assassinated. 

14 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

100% agree feruchemy > allomancy.  I would go as far as to say ferucheny > all other systems though.  I am super bias to the usefulness of feruchemy.  If there was just one metal from one system I would probably have to take Allomantic pewter though.  The image of Vin and that devastating headbutt just plays over and over.  

As for the RPG.  I would so be down depending on other folks availability.  

Edited by DoctaDajman

7 hours ago, Mage said:

I will gladly run the AoL MBTTRPG with you. I have the original book, but not any of the extensions.

And I agree with you on Feruchemist over Mistborn. Especially in a society where we don’t need to assassinate/try not to be assassinated. 

That is very kind of you, thank you. I admittedly have no concepts written as of yet. Though I have a weird fanfiction idea that could have an origin on scadrial (it is on my profile). Granted I did work out a whole setting and about 20 npcs for my current group of players (forever DM). Was trying to trick them into entering the cosmere, but there just was not enough interest.

Edited by TheWanderer

5 hours ago, DoctaDajman said:

100% agree feruchemy > allomancy.  I would go as far as to say ferucheny > all other systems though.  I am super bias to the usefulness of feruchemy.  If there was just one metal from one system I would probably have to take Allomantic pewter though.  The image of Vin and that devastating headbutt just plays over and over.  

As for the RPG.  I would so be down depending on other folks availability.  

I sincerely love feruchemy because it has so many useful applications. I definitely would love to store wakefulness so I don't wake up at the weirdest of times or am unable to sleep for extended periods (insomnia am I right?)

4 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

I sincerely love feruchemy because it has so many useful applications. I definitely would love to store wakefulness so I don't wake up at the weirdest of times or am unable to sleep for extended periods (insomnia am I right?)

I have to say I am just a total sucker for trolling folks.  If they aren't watching where they are walking just stand and tap weight.  Or tap speed just to watch in awe at bullet time.  I dont know that I would make a great feruchemist... I think I would lean more towards the careless use of gold that we see Wayne use/waste.  He is my favorite character.  

49 minutes ago, DoctaDajman said:

I have to say I am just a total sucker for trolling folks.  If they aren't watching where they are walking just stand and tap weight.  Or tap speed just to watch in awe at bullet time.  I dont know that I would make a great feruchemist... I think I would lean more towards the careless use of gold that we see Wayne use/waste.  He is my favorite character.  

Hoid would likely be my favorite. I quite fond of witticism myself and I would also run around..."acquiring" magical items. Though I have different favorite characters for different series. As for feruchemy I would abuse a lot of the abilities to; sleep normally, not need to study, etc. Granted I would likely be storing 50% of all physical attributes all day, and 10% of the harder stuff (fortune, connection, etc). To have a good reserve built up when I need it.

1 minute ago, Mage said:

So, you think it would be possible to play the RPG over the forums? I would totally be down if we could get one or two more we could start a thread in the RPG section. I could PM you @TheWanderer if you need story ideas. 

Hard to say, I know the forums are open to whomever. I generally type too fast to enjoy text based RP to the fullest. Slows play and all. As far as my story I kind of preferred to sandbox it, but I had written out at least one era of mistborn.

You know what else is unfair about Feruchemy? Not only are the Ferring names better than the Misting ones, but there isn't some kind of "soul-cracking penalty" necessary to access the Metalborn ability!

Allomancers need to Snap (though in Era 2 it's apparently gotten a lot less brutal than before - with a commensurate reduction in power?), and hemalurgy requires violence, but Feruchemy? Apparently you're born with the power and at some point, just kind of start using it.

9 hours ago, robardin said:

You know what else is unfair about Feruchemy? Not only are the Ferring names better than the Misting ones, but there isn't some kind of "soul-cracking penalty" necessary to access the Metalborn ability!

Allomancers need to Snap (though in Era 2 it's apparently gotten a lot less brutal than before - with a commensurate reduction in power?), and hemalurgy requires violence, but Feruchemy? Apparently you're born with the power and at some point, just kind of start using it.

Like I said...would be so much better to be a feruchemist.