Best Quotes About Reading!

Lotus Blossom

Here are some of the best quotes about books that I've come across!

“No book is really worth reading at the age of ten which is not equally – and often far more – worth reading at the age of fifty and beyond.” - C.S. Lewis

“In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you.” - Mortimer J. Adler

“Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home.” - Anna Quindlen

“but for my own part, if a book is well written, I always find it too short.” - Jane Austen

“I lived in books more than I lived anywhere else.” - Neil Gaiman

“Books have a unique way of stopping time in a particular moment and saying: Let’s not forget this.” - Dave Eggers

“There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.” - Irving Stone

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.” - Marcus Tullius Cicero

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - Neil Gaiman

“If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.” - Toni Morrison

“Books are the ultimate Dumpees: put them down and they’ll wait for you forever; pay attention to them and they always love you back.” - John Green

“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.” - Charles W. Eliot

“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” - William Styron

“The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame.” - Oscar Wilde

Which one is your favorite? Are there any more I should add?

My top 3 are in my signature <3

Here are some more:

"Sleep is good, and books are better" - George RR Martin

“I have lived a thousand lives and I’ve loved a thousand loves. I’ve walked on distant worlds and seen the end of time. Because I read.” - George RR Martin

“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one..." - George RR Martin

“The great thing about reading is that it broadens your life” - George RR Martin

"I cannot live without books" - Thomas Jefferson

"Reading only one book is like eating only one potato chip."  - Diane Duane

"Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them." - Lemony Snicket

"A book is a gift you can open again and again." - Garrison Keillor. 

"Books break your heart and then put it back together again, but better than it was before." - @Elf

Edited by Lotus Blossom

"Sleep is good, and books are better" 

George RR Martin

“I have lived a thousand lives and I’ve loved a thousand loves. I’ve walked on distant worlds and seen the end of time. Because I read.” 

George RR Martin

“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one..."

George RR Martin

“The great thing about reading is that it broadens your life”
 George RR Martin