3 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

How would that work though? I can’t think of any way to get information exclusively to both of them that doesn’t carry a huge risk of catastrophic failure.

It doesn't, unfortunately. I know several Ruin contacts, but really this functionally means it needs to go through me, and I'd really rather not know who Frost is, and expect Frost also probably doesn't trust me. (Which is wise, since I theoretically still can be converted even though the sulking/loss of game motivation would be real probably.) I've spent some time trying to work out how that goes with recognition codes and such because Frost's PoE could be pretty valuable, but no dice.

And say even if I agreed to put Frost in touch (which I haven't consented to), I'd be potentially dealing with Frost impersonators and IDK if I need to deal with that amount of bullcrapping/lying in my life.

It's just annoying to me I guess as I feel the problem can be cracked but also sort of can't.

Edited by Kasimir

I'm on phone traveling but I'm wondering if the Araris votes were meant to protect szeth? Not exactly sure of the timing of the votes so a bit suspicious of that. 

Edited by |TJ|

3 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

I'm on phone traveling but I'm wondering if the Araris votes were meant to protect szeth? Not exactly sure of the timing of the votes so a bit suspicious of that. 

Presuming you're back to E!Szeth?

Edited to add:

@|TJ| - Araris votes pre-date your Szeth votes. The only Araris vote to have come in after the Szeth triple vote was from Mat, who already stated Szeth was his top V!read.

Edited by Kasimir

3 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Presuming you're back to E!Szeth?

Edited to add:

@|TJ| - Araris votes pre-date your Szeth votes. The only Araris vote to have come in after the Szeth triple vote was from Mat, who already stated Szeth was his top V!read.

Yeah just wondering why xino vote took off but Araris did not. 

I'm staying put though, can't risk a tie at this stage.

LG95 Night Three: Face the Music

In her first manifestos, Khriss had spoken of a Harmony, the Tones of the cosmere coming together. At the time, Hoid had advocated for it, the 17th Shard had admired it, and Sazed’s Ascension had made it seem possible. But now the factions were split, and the cosmere resounded with the final words of an Avatar of Autonomy.

The song was beautiful. But it was no harmony. It was so, so alone.

There wasn't much they could do. Tessa claimed responsibility using a piece of Odious Investiture she had obtained, and the greater 17th Shard did not condemn them. Professor Uther claimed the greater Shard, and the 17th Shard did not condemn them.

Xorial, however. They were condemned. And perhaps unjustly. Or perhaps necessarily. For the sake of finding that harmony.

But on another planet of Tones, the music was returning, rebounding, as if nothing had changed at all.

xinoeph512 was executed! They were a 17th Shard Researcher!

The Avatar PIANO has been re-created on Roshar!

Vote Count:

• xinoeph512 (5): Elandera, Kasimir, |TJ|, Matrim's Dice, Szeth_Pancakes
  • Szeth_Pancakes (4): The Bald Brandon, Araris Valerian, Archer, The Wandering Wizard
  • Araris Valerian (2): Fifth Scholar, DeTess

Night Three has begun! I forget if I have anything else to say here.

This turn will end on 10:00 PM PDT / 5:00 AM GMT (+1 Day) on June 15th, in ~24 hours.

Shard Status:

Spoiler
  • Ambition:       CONTAINED
  • Autonomy:     BREACHED
  • Cultivation:    CONTAINED
  • Devotion:       CONTAINED
  • Dominion:      CONTAINED
  • Endowment:  CONTAINED
  • Honor:            CONTAINED
  • Invention:       CONTAINED
  • Mercy:            CONTAINED
  • Odium:           BREACHED
  • Preservation: CONTAINED
  • Prudence:      CONTAINED
  • Ruin:               BREACHED
  • Survival:         CONTAINED
  • Whimsy:         CONTAINED
  • Valor:              CONTAINED

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @The Known Novel - Ivam the Mad
  2. @Kasimir - Evgeny Karamazov 
  3. @The Wandering Wizard - The Poet
  4. @Fifth Scholar - Dr. Mattithias Gunther
  5. @Szeth_Pancakes - Liene
  6. @|TJ| - Al
  7. @DeTess - Tessa DeLoren
  8. @Archer - Oliver Cosmos
  9. @JNV - Jai
  10. xinoeph512 - Xorial17th Shard Researcher
  11. @The Last Fæ -
  12. @DrakeMarshall - Adjunct Professor Uther
  13. @Matrim's Dice - Sir Arren Brockett
  14. Sart - 17th Shard Researcher
  15. @STINK - 
  16. @Elandera - Telan
  17. @Araris Valerian - 
  18. @Walin -  
  19. TheAlpha929 - Felt Jr.17th Shard Researcher
  20. @Channelknight Fadran -
  21. @Turtle - Letta Turson
  22. VOCALS
  23. PIANO

Clarifications:

Spoiler
  • Anyone actually looking in here or am I pasting this over and over again for nothing?
  • You may only pass one Charge of Investiture or one Shard in a Passing action.
  • Charges of Investiture (whether Autonomy Charges or other Charges) held by Autonomous Players do not count towards the Autonomous Sudden Death Win Condition.
  • Multiple factions can win at the same time if they complete their (Normal or SD) win conditions at the same time. I don't think there's a way to get all 4 main factions to win at the same time, but if you all find one... congratulations?
  • Invention's Investment Ability can be used on Avatars, which will grant Invention an Autonomy Charge.
  • All actions are limited to once per cycle, unless otherwise noted (Autonomy's Shardic, Whimsy's Shardic, and Researcher returning Shards to Containment).
  • Vessel Action and Vessel Shield do not stack. Vessels can "gain" them from other sources, but that only matters if they pass their Shard while they would still have Vessel Action/Vessel Shield from another source.
  • Avatars can exist on the same Shardworld as each other.
  • Shardworlds get a new Doc each time the player list on that Shardworld changes.
  • Avatars and players will be put in the player list for each Shardworld Doc (i.e. you can't pretend you're not there).
  • Shardworld presences are not publicized in thread.
  • Hoid and Khriss's Conversions take place before Shardic Inheritance from Breaching (or other reasons).
  • Consuming Investiture does take actions.
  • Charges of Investiture that are used then Roleblocked are lost, as are Charges of Investiture used on a Roleblocked Shardworld action.
  • Hoid and Khriss do not lose Conversion Charges on Roleblocked or failed conversions.
  • In the event that Hoid and Khriss target the same player for conversion, both conversions fail.
  • The only abilities that contribute to Shardic Breaching are Researcher Siphons, Khriss's double-Siphon, and Hoid's Sabotage.
  • Returned keep the alignment and win condition they died with when they Return.
  • Valor Charges cannot be used on yourself.
  • Worldhopping is only a Day action.
  • Two players using actions to create 1-on-1 PMs with each other will consume both Charges/actions/etc and only create 1 PM.
  • Avatars only count as players for the Autonomous win condition, not for other factions' win conditions.
  • Avatars in Shardworlds and Ambition in the Cognitive Realm should speak in bold - other players should not (a bit for emphasis is okay, just don't write entire sentences).
  • You cannot create PMs with Avatars.
  • You cannot cut players in half.

3 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

The Avatar PIANO has been re-created on Roshar!

? Isn't VOCALS already there? That doesn't make sense to me.

Will look at EoD D2 later, with this flip in mind.

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

? Isn't VOCALS already there? That doesn't make sense to me.

Will look at EoD D2 later, with this flip in mind.

Multiple avatars can be on the same world (otherwise Ruining planets would neuter Autonomy)

38 minutes ago, Elandera said:

As Kas reminded me, it's the same risk of tie as if you swapped...

No, I didn't mean a risk of tie from someone who wanted to deliberately tie it. Meant more like if someone else wanted to shift votes with honest intent and we do it at the same time with the net result being a tie. Didn't want to risk that. 

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

Multiple avatars can be on the same world (otherwise Ruining planets would neuter Autonomy)

I know it's possible, I just don't get why it's useful

Like in my head having a single avatar on every world is far better

But maybe I just don't understand the Autonomy logic/rules and you don't need to explain them to me as a co-GM :P.

ffs

Alright, going to re-read Szeth if I have the time. Which is after this is turned in. But intuitively feel this was a V/V lead train, which has implications for Elim detachment/disengagement.

Edited to add:

Elan staying on Xino is interesting if I stick with V!Szeth for now. But I keep forgetting Elims only know who isn't on their team so from her POV, Xino could still be on a different team ig. Not sure.

Edited to add 2:

Boy is Roshar crowded all of a sudden o_O

Edited to add 3:

4 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Like in my head having a single avatar on every world is far better

Autonomy's avatars are world-restricted, I believe, though with so much of this game's population besieging Silverlight, they can probably roleblock or dump Charges on y'all as well.

Edited by Kasimir

7 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Found this:

Grant a Charge of Autonomy’s Investiture to target player on the same Shardworld as the Avatar (Night)

Dunno if that could have anything to do with it, feels like a reach, but :P.

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

Found this:

Dunno if that could have anything to do with it, feels like a reach, but :P.

That was my thought:

8 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Autonomy's avatars are world-restricted, I believe, though with so much of this game's population besieging Silverlight, they can probably roleblock or dump Charges on y'all as well.

Ah sorry I just totally missed you alluding to it. I do that thing where I pretend I understand what people mean sometimes :P.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

4 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Ah sorry I just totally missed you alluding to it. I do that thing where I pretend I understand what people mean sometimes :P.

No worries sorry for bad phrasing, just sleep-deprived so my coherence/Diplomacy skill level is low rn.

Edited to add:

Spoiler

JRR Jokien on Twitter: "If you start The Return of The King (Extended  Edition) at 8:22:40 tonight, you'll end 2022 with Frodo saying "It's over.  It's done" at exactly midnight. https://t.co/pFRQ8qCO72" /

Edited to add 2:

@Amanuensis / @Ashbringer - Who's currently on the chopping block for inactivity?

Edited to add 3:

Assuming maximum conversion - 18 -> 17 (9/8) + 1

That's kayana - we shouldn't be having near this amount of problems if there are that many Elims. This is a literal 50-50 situation by now. I do have a theory about this but it involves things I really Do Not Want To Do, RIP Frost.

xinoeph512 (5): Elandera, Kasimir, |TJ|, Matrim's Dice, Szeth_Pancakes
Szeth_Pancakes (4): The Bald Brandon, Araris Valerian, Archer, The Wandering Wizard
Araris Valerian (2): Fifth Scholar, DeTess

Minimally, Szeth voting here is NAI: this is a self-pres vote. Indicative of lack of support, so maybe he’s Autonomy? Still haven't really felt Szeth isn't Village though. I can't say I'm dead certain but it just doesn't feel right to me given his actions and behaviour and I kind of want to stick to that. Wiz here isn’t even trying tbh and that makes me feel a bit better about the V read. E!Wiz likes a bit of theatre.

I don’t really like TBB’s Szeth vote. Agreed that sometimes gut do be that way but I think he’s sort of making the same badvote mistake that some players do to him and others—Szeth is in the sort of playbracket I’d expect him to get flak for odd reasoning here and there.

As much as Fifth’s overconfidence is annoying, I think there’s pretty solid reason to V read him for now. Let’s go with the Odium shot for V!DeTess: don’t super feel an Elim would take a potshot and risk angering Autonomy if Autonomy hasn’t been acting against them. (Worth noting I don't know how I feel about DeTess's passiveness here but LG94 shows DeTess isn't really a Village rally player. IDK. Will take a look after a nap I guess.)

TJ’s last minute hopping feels like a good look: genuine indecision/responsiveness. E!TJ probably has no real iron in this fire. Potentially complicated by the fact that E!TJ might be trying to lynch another Elim from a different faction for V!cred, but…IDK. We’ll see. IDK I feel as okay with V!TJ now but let’s take it a bit at a time. In terms of numbers, can’t be every single Elim voting, I think.

I want Araris to be V on the basis of apathy-getting back pattern cf. LG94. I don't know if I feel this is true anymore.

Wiz is giving me strong Cham vibes but that's partly on the basis of apathy and comparison with LG93 and I kind of don't feel he'd be this dead if Evil but that's also contingent on next cycle.

Ah whatever Idgaf anymore let's just say this: 

I think we need to stop going LHF/peripheral: we've been fighting over that for the past three cycles. Maybe I'm wrong and it really is a hard-commit issue but I think it's pretty clear the place we've been trying to avoid shooting, the <Fifth, DeTess, Elan, me, TJ, Mat, Araris, Archer> bracket plus minus a couple of others is pretty contaminated.

I'm scrolling back up from my list of non-voters. Some like Fae and Walin are so inactive I genuinely struggle to believe an Elim team would convert them. You at least want a convert who will send in actions and vote when needed to, surely.

I guess there's an argument to be made to shoot in the non-voter bracket because if these guys are Village, we've lost. Like sorry but this is screwed. Take Xino's activity levels, apply that to endgame, and the effective Village faction size decreases. Turtle's performative 'y'all no vote' cuts little ice with me when they ain't voting either.

Like sure y'all can try to murder Szeth tomorrow or me. I don't really think that's the right move (at least in Szeth's case, for obvious reasons) but whatever it takes to get you out of the goddamned LHF rut and actually looking in the one pocket we're not voting. And if any of our non-voters'd like to remember they signed up for a game and actually help the Village, it'd be swell.

Formally, let’s look at who didn’t vote:

-Turtle
-Walin
-Fae
-STINK
-Fadran
-Drake
-JNV

It…beggars belief that all of these are Village. I guess I can re-introduce Turtle: my v!Turtle assumption was based on the thought that Turtle took a specific action on D2 which I kind of don’t know if it’s true. This is one dismal/disgusting map for non-voters, as that puts us at at least 7 players non-voting and if majority of these are Village, I'm just done here.

Note to self: maybe you're letting Walin off too easily, check Ellie and LG83.

Edited by Kasimir

7 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Sorry bro, I kind of think Szeth is LHF and that's where your vote went.

Edited to add:

@|TJ| - Your Fifth read?

I'd argue there's a difference between them and Xino was of late, and the Mat connection was pretty blatant. I was hoping it'd come down to them or Araris, who I'd still exe for the weird Prudence philosophy 

BTW Drake didn't vote. Drake didn't kill. There's a clear lean towards neutrality that's worth interrogating. My guess would be its wincon related at this point 

27 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

@|TJ| - Your Fifth read?

Don't really recall early game stuff but really disliked the vote on Araris. The way both Fifth and Archer gave the Prudence charges reasoning, I feel they're both evil but of different factions. Archer more evil than Fifth. 

What do you think of Archer?

7 hours ago, Kasimir said:

(Worth noting I don't know how I feel about DeTess's passiveness here but LG94 shows DeTess isn't really a Village rally player. IDK. Will take a look after a nap I guess.)

So two notes on that:

First of all, I don't deal with heat well, so the last 5 days or so for me have been really bad. Mostly sapped me of energy which has reduced my ability to post meaningful stuff. Especially high-effort content like trying to narrow stuff down based on actions or comprehensive reads list won't be a thing untill I've cooled down some.

second of all (and this is self-meta analysis, so take it with am (un)healthy dose of salt until I've flipped, and even then take it with a grain of salt), I generally just tend to try to throw analysis and ideas and suspicions at the thread and leave it to everyone else do decide how much merit it has. I don't really try to drag people along with my suspicions  much, and my village rallying skills are pretty much limited to reminding people to vote once in a while.

All that out of the way, I want to take a look at general vote participation these last couple cycles. I'm only looked at the Day end report, sorry fi I missed a vote somewhere along the line that got retracted, and skipping over everyone already dead.

D1 non-voters (turnout 57%):

Kasimir
JNV
The Last Fæ
DrakeMarshall
STINK
Drake Inferno 
Channelknight Fadran 
Turtle

D2 non-voters (turnout 40%):

The bald brandon
The Wandering Wizard
Fifth Scholar
Szeth_Pancake
Archer
JNV
The Last Fæ
DrakeMarshall
STINK
Drake Inferno 
Channelknight Fadran 
Turtle

D3 non-voters (turnout 65%):

JNV
The Last Fæ
DrakeMarshall
STINK
Drake Inferno / Walin
Channelknight Fadran 
Turtle

So, looking at the above, the following players haven't voted yet at all:

@JNV, @The Last Fæ, @DrakeMarshall, @STINK, @Walin, @Channelknight Fadran and @Turtle.

Of these, only OG!Drake and turtle have been consistently active. So for the two of you, a simple question: why have you been refraining from voting?

For the remainder, could you just give me your thoughts on one or two players currently in the game? You really don't need to fully understand the rules to look at players being sketchy, so there is really no excuse to fall silent at this point. Also, please vote next cycle. Even if it is just one post stating your vote and the tiniest sliver of reasoning, or even just sheeping someone you trust, it'll be better than nothing.

I really hope to see at least an 80% voter turnout next cycle, because if we can't manage anything near that at this point in the game the village might as well pack up and go home.

9 hours ago, Kasimir said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't feel strongly enough to fight for Szeth past the exhaustion and I respect you have a gut that way, but I believe you're making the same mistake you claim players make about you.

Brave of you to think I'm a Russian learner :P I read The Brothers Karamazov in English after we took the excerpt of Ivan and Alyosha discussing about the existence of God (cf. The Grand Inquisitor) for the Problem of Evil segment in Philosophy 101. FWIW I still think Mackie is a better introduction to the Problems of Evil, but if you're really teaching it at a low undergrad level, I guess Dostoevsky is probably better at motivating it.

K. Still have work, Archer's now on Szeth, and I low key don't want to CW Araris. Though ngl I still feel ? about Araris's opening Szeth vote aaaaaaaaaa.

I'll vote Xino. This is probably as close as I can get in terms of someone I can feel okay voting. Someone @ me if I'm needed to change trains or anything; otherwise I'm going back to my report and crying inside because it will never get done at this rate.

See, here's the problem here. I don't really think people make a 'mistake' about me. I get exed almost always based on PoE, but sometimes on gut instead. I can't argue with either of those. But the thing is, the Village doesn’t like to exe me, so I can look at the character of those who oppose me. More often than pure statistics would show, they're elims. That's a pattern, and that combined with the weirdish behavior Szeth has shown, makes me willing to vote him. Honestly, I wasn't particularly disappointed with the Xino exe, but I do not like the way it happened. I'm going to be looking at TJ and Mat, because I just don't like the way the train took off. I'm decently confident only ones e, but they could both be. They are both pretty strong potential converts.

2 hours ago, Archer said:

I'd argue there's a difference between them and Xino was of late, and the Mat connection was pretty blatant. I was hoping it'd come down to them or Araris, who I'd still exe for the weird Prudence philosophy 

BTW Drake didn't vote. Drake didn't kill. There's a clear lean towards neutrality that's worth interrogating. My guess would be its wincon related at this point 

The earliest anyone could have received their wincon is now. Since Drake hasn't killed, he quite literally can't have converted to his wincon yet.

Edit: And at its heart, this is what you want, I think. I want to kill Szeth, who is already a semi-active player, but after that I want to go after Mat/TJ, which are exactly the inactive players you want us to go after.

Edited by The Bald Brandon

1 hour ago, Archer said:

If the Mat connection is pretty blatant, why not go to Mat first? I do think Szeth is actually more readable than Xino - you're @ing Szeth for the sort of player bracket mistakes/weirdness he tends to make and we just went through this in QF66. It's why I don't want to repeat it again. With Xino for me at least, it's just plain 'I need a viable CW that's not a guy I genuinely V read so welp, Xino it is.'

I will be honest though that I mention this because I have been thinking E!Mat since - last cycle, or the Night following the Alpha exe, maybe. IDK. I go back and forth, but his hypocrisy response to you had a touch of tonal passive-aggressiveness I associate with his E!self and I feel his E!self tends to resort to that argument more. But IDK at this point. 

Like...Araris...yes and no. The disconnect feels very LG94 to me. And Araris hasn't been front and centre. It's still a peripheral lynch.

1 hour ago, |TJ| said:

Don't really recall early game stuff but really disliked the vote on Araris. The way both Fifth and Archer gave the Prudence charges reasoning, I feel they're both evil but of different factions. Archer more evil than Fifth. 

What do you think of Archer?

I'm trying very hard not to, because I'm still at the 'he comes out as every flavour of read' place. I'm feeling hard-committed to the sense the vote has to be in the set I highlighted and I kind of don't want to because that's more effort than I want to put in, but I guess life do me that way.

Long story short: I chucked him in nulls, can see him pretty much every alignment flavour including Autonomy and keep in mind I've spent at least two cycles talking to Autonomy at this point. Not saying this is a voice/playerID match as I'm not trying too hard to deanonymise Autonomy for reasons of - well honestly mostly it feels unfair to exploit it - but yeah.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Are you suggested Intent Converted Drake, or Evil Drake? Could see that being the case, yeah. That's sort of one of the mentioned reads I disagree with as I feel he's textbook H/K/B profile. 

Controversial suggestion: has anyone thought of making nice with Autonomy but keeping the Avatar count low? Something like enemy of my enemy is my temporary friend?

I've been running the numbers again:

Main thing I dislike is: 18 = 17 (9+8) + 1

On the strictest (least Village friendly) map, this is a 9/4/4/1 game at the moment. Fortunately, we're still some people away from the outnumber wincon...right?

Nope.

Here's the people who didn't vote D1:

-Turtle
-Walin
-Fae
-STINK
-Fadran
-Drake
-Fifth
-JNV
-Kas

Y'all welcome to @ me if I missed someone. 

Here's the people who didn't vote D2:

-Turtle
-Walin
-Fae
-STINK
-Fadran
-Alpha
-Drake
-Fifth
-JNV
-Wiz

Here's the people who didn't vote D3:

-Turtle
-Walin
-Fae
-STINK
-Fadran
-Drake
-JNV

This is what I'm proposing, contra Fifth's kneejerk about Fadran and the mention of faction games, and yeah contra my earlier position but I did believe we had more voting power than we apparently do right now:

• Functionally, these people are not going to vote. They have not voted for three cycles, they are functionally inert. Numerically it's great to have the number padding if they're predominantly Village, but if they're predominantly Village, we're screwed, because they're part of the 9 and that's our de facto voting power right there - locked in people who aren't about to vote, or do things, or change the gamestate in generally positive ways for the Village.

• Autonomy hasn't been handing out charges. I know this because I received zero, unless someone else wants to claim having received charges. (Also admittedly because Autonomy and I sort of settled this between us really early on on N1 when I threatened to kick them offworld if they did anything funny like give me Charges.) Autonomy is currently down to two Avatars and as long as the Avatar population is under control (7 v. game population), we're not really in danger of dying to Autonomy just yet.

• I'd rather spend my energy whittling down Khriss or Hoid's teams due to the fact they might or might not still have conversions unspent and they're hella more coordinated than a low Avatar count Autonomy is, and the Avatars can't do the vote stuff without burning Autonomy's Shardic. If I'm not wrong, this gives Autonomy a voteswing limit of two. ( @Ashbringer / @Amanuensis )

• I do also feel it's in Autonomy's interest to help us control the H/K population or at least not get in our way, because again, the numbers in my first point. Orange highlights are consistent non-voters. Not controlling the H/K population risks giving them a crucial advantage either way. I feel alright with V!JNV but the rest are pretty much a bloc of nothingness. I don't really know how practicable it is to ask Ruin or Odium to shoot in there. 

• ...Part of this I suppose boils down to the fact I think I know what game Autonomy is playing at. I could be wrong, of course. Wouldn't be the first time.

And I've been ninjaed by DeTess and TBB so I'm just gonna stop here and check in a bit I guess.

14 minutes ago, The Bald Brandon said:

See, here's the problem here. I don't really think people make a 'mistake' about me. I get exed almost always based on PoE, but sometimes on gut instead. I can't argue with either of those. But the thing is, the Village doesn’t like to exe me, so I can look at the character of those who oppose me. More often than pure statistics would show, they're elims. That's a pattern, and that combined with the weirdish behavior Szeth has shown, makes me willing to vote him. Honestly, I wasn't particularly disappointed with the Xino exe, but I do not like the way it happened. I'm going to be looking at TJ and Mat, because I just don't like the way the train took off. I'm decently confident only ones e, but they could both be. They are both pretty strong potential converts.

People vote you for low activity PoE, or occasionally, having weird votes, or refusing to vote early/contribute until you're sure. In my view, that's more or less getting voted for having a non-standard playstyle, which I'd argue is driving a lot of the Szeth reactions right now.

Here's my question: suppose Szeth really flips Village. If you believe Elims mostly tend to vote for you, who would you go for?

21 minutes ago, DeTess said:

So two notes on that:

First of all, I don't deal with heat well, so the last 5 days or so for me have been really bad. Mostly sapped me of energy which has reduced my ability to post meaningful stuff. Especially high-effort content like trying to narrow stuff down based on actions or comprehensive reads list won't be a thing untill I've cooled down some.

second of all (and this is self-meta analysis, so take it with am (un)healthy dose of salt until I've flipped, and even then take it with a grain of salt), I generally just tend to try to throw analysis and ideas and suspicions at the thread and leave it to everyone else do decide how much merit it has. I don't really try to drag people along with my suspicions  much, and my village rallying skills are pretty much limited to reminding people to vote once in a while.

All that out of the way, I want to take a look at general vote participation these last couple cycles. I'm only looked at the Day end report, sorry fi I missed a vote somewhere along the line that got retracted, and skipping over everyone already dead.

Appreciated, but also, please take care in the heat! 

Edited to add:

14 minutes ago, The Bald Brandon said:

Edit: And at its heart, this is what you want, I think. I want to kill Szeth, who is already a semi-active player, but after that I want to go after Mat/TJ, which are exactly the inactive players you want us to go after.

It isn't, because I think Szeth is Village. And my starting point is that I never want to sit down and watch a Villager get lynched just so we can start lynching possibly Evil people, so that's not really compatible.

I'm probably stating it more strongly than I feel but at core if I give myself a three box exercise, I'm still willing to put Szeth in the Village box at this point, which means that I don't accept a Szeth lynch as being any part of "what I want."

Edited by Kasimir

7 hours ago, Kasimir said:

ffs

Alright, going to re-read Szeth if I have the time. Which is after this is turned in. But intuitively feel this was a V/V lead train, which has implications for Elim detachment/disengagement.

Edited to add:

Elan staying on Xino is interesting if I stick with V!Szeth for now. But I keep forgetting Elims only know who isn't on their team so from her POV, Xino could still be on a different team ig. Not sure.

Edited to add 2:

Edited to add 3:

Imo if u feel it was V/V i think it has implications to consider whether it was V/V/V or V/V/E, before u make conclusions about where the elims are in this picture.

My guess would be its wincon related at this point 

I'm not really sure how you could possibly have this take sincerely >:P

but im not gonna do uhhh what did you call it

interrogating

I'm not gonna interrogate you over it

1 minute ago, DeTess said:

Of these, only OG!Drake and turtle have been consistently active. So for the two of you, a simple question: why have you been refraining from voting?

fair enough, yes

A simple answer for a simple question: cuz i dont wanna :P

I dont think its really any mystery where I stand tho