Mid-Range Game 65: Set on Infiltration

Experience

28 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Mat TKN

I'd like an explanation sometime, please and thanks. I imagine it'll be next round 

34 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

I mean I was alive for two days, but was near completely absent for one and a half of the days.

Should note that my recent games show that this is at worst NAI, and at best v!indicative. 

Not to disagree with you about you, but I don't really think it is. E!TKN just says I'm still village and because it's a lie, doesn't need to add caveats. V!TKN adds caveats because it's the truth. 

3 minutes ago, Archer said:

I'd like an explanation sometime, please and thanks. I imagine it'll be next round 

Not to disagree with you about you, but I don't really think it is. E!TKN just says I'm still village and because it's a lie, doesn't need to add caveats. V!TKN adds caveats because it's the truth. 

And I have to ask, what are caveats?

6 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

And I have to ask, what are caveats?

They're little scarves men wear to look fancy 

Or in this case, asterisks. Exceptions. Loopholes. Him saying this is true (ignore the bit that makes it untrue :P). 

TKN Araris

"We should kill Blake!" Was the general consensus of the group. After lots of debate, another option was brought to the table.

Vekin.

He wasn't talking much, maybe he was trying to lie low. 

In the end, he never tried to defend himself so that's what was decided. He was led to a red circle near the balcony. A single shot rang out and Vekin fell to the ground, blood spilling from his head onto the stone below.

When everyone awoke, everything seemed normal until a cry came out of the crowd. 

Some names on the list had been changed. 

PMs are still open.

Labyrinth was killed! They were a Member of the Set!

Vote Count:

Aeoryi (1): Labyrinth 

Araris (2): Archer, DeTess

Archer (1): Araris

Labyrinth (3): Aeoryi, Raven, TKN

TKN (1): Matrim, Wandering Wizard

Cycle 2 Alignment List

Archer: Member of the Set

Aeoryi: Member of the Set

The Known Novel: Infiltrator

Matrim's Dice: Member of the Set

The Wandering Wizard: Member of the Set

Araris Valerian: Infiltrator

DeTess: Member of the Set

JNV: Member of the Set

STINK: Member of the Set

RavenclawJedi: Member of the Set

Player List:

@Ravenclawjedi42 cuz it wouldn't let me add it into the spoiler box.

Labyrinth is a Member of the Set in that spoiler box.

The turn ends in just under 48 hours on Tuesday Sept 26th at 5:30 PM PST.

3 minutes ago, Experience said:

"We should kill Blake!" Was the general consensus of the group. After lots of debate, another option was brought to the table.

Vekin.

He wasn't talking much, maybe he was trying to lie low. 

In the end, he never tried to defend himself so that's what was decided. He was led to a red circle near the balcony. A single shot rang out and Vekin fell to the ground, blood spilling from his head onto the stone below.

When everyone awoke, everything seemed normal until a cry came out of the crowd. 

Some names on the list had been changed. 

PMs are still open.

Labyrinth was killed! They were a Member of the Set!

Vote Count:

Aeoryi (1): Labyrinth 

Araris (2): Archer, DeTess

Archer (1): Araris

Labyrinth (3): Aeoryi, Raven, TKN

TKN (1): Matrim, Wandering Wizard

Cycle 2 Alignment List

Archer: Member of the Set

Aeoryi: Member of the Set

The Known Novel: Infiltrator

Matrim's Dice: Member of the Set

The Wandering Wizard: Member of the Set

Araris Valerian: Infiltrator

DeTess: Member of the Set

JNV: Member of the Set

STINK: Member of the Set

RavenclawJedi: Member of the Set

Player List:

@Ravenclawjedi42 cuz it wouldn't let me add it into the spoiler box.

Labyrinth is a Member of the Set in that spoiler box.

The turn ends in just under 48 hours on Tuesday Sept 26th at 5:30 PM PST.

Some vote manipulation it seems. A soother of some kind maybe?

I'm more curious as to @The Wandering Wizard's reasons for voting TKN.

Just now, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Looks like—big surprise—the list wasn’t entirely accurate!

Also on the Vote Count it says that TKN has one vote but then it lists two people who voted for him.

That is traditionally (in tyrian falls games) the mark of a soother.

2 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Ravenclaw

Edit: Also no elim kill is ??? but also mechanics are ???

I didn't notice the lack of Elim kill. What could that mean? The elims weren't active?

Additionally, the red name for labyrinth was wrong, which basically ruins any credibility for the list whatsoever.

@Experience, do we get to know what Labyrinth's role was (does he even have one)?

3 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

I didn't notice the lack of Elim kill. What could that mean? The elims weren't active?

There are a few options; the elims didn't send in a kill (unlikely), they killed Labyrinth as well (also unlikely), one of them sending in the kill was roleblocked (quite plausible), or there's an interaction with a mechanic we don't yet know about. I'd encourage anyone that sent in a roleblock to consider the merits of claiming, through a PM or otherwise.

Edit: It could also be that protections and/or extra lives are not announced this game

Edited by Araris Valerian

Seconding the request to claim any RBs 

6 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Huh. What makes you say this?

I didn’t like you implying you weren’t surprised the list meant nothing, considering your vote.

If you ask the GMs if the NK takes an action slot, the answer is yes. I took that as confirmation of an NK. But it could be arson or something. 

Looks like the list is based on the VC. Top vote getters have their names put in red for some reason. Interesting there's a hard limit of two. 

I guess Mat was targeted for the missing TK vote, since Wiz's came late. There's no offensive vote movements, which might just be because the role doesn't exist. Or maybe a vote was changed to a no vote. 

Edit: Laby claimed to be vanilla. @Experience  do we get to learn the deceased's roles? 

Edited by Archer

4 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Seconding the request to claim any RBs 

I didn’t like you implying you weren’t surprised the list meant nothing, considering your vote.

My vote on Labyrinth was to see if it was correct, which there was definitely a possibility of. However, I would not have been surprised either way.

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

If you ask the GMs if the NK takes an action slot, the answer is yes. I took that as confirmation of an NK. But it could be arson or something. 

Looks like the list is based on the VC. Top vote getters have their names put in red for some reason. Interesting there's a hard limit of two. 

I guess Mat was targeted for the missing TK vote, since Wiz's came late. There's no offensive vote movements, which might just be because the role doesn't exist. Or maybe a vote was changed to a no vote. 

Edit: Laby claimed to be vanilla. @Experience  do we get to learn the deceased's roles? 

I wouldn't say the top two, since TKN's vote count at the end was 1, tying him with myself, and archer. But most likely, it was probably that. I guess we will be able to confirm next cycle.

I still want to learn why wiz voted at the very end of C1 without much of a reason.

4 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

I wouldn't say the top two, since TKN's vote count at the end was 1, tying him with myself, and archer. But most likely, it was probably that. I guess we will be able to confirm next cycle.

I still want to learn why wiz voted at the very end of C1 without much of a reason.

Laby was excluded because we know they're not evil. My guess is that in the event of a tie, one is chosen from the VC to bring the number to two elims. Perhaps them having more voters, if you ignore the vote manip, tipped it towards TKN.

Possible experiment : we all vote for a single candidate. Unlikely to yield an interesting result. 

My guess is if we make the leaderboard properly call out the elims, it's a hidden wincon. Otherwise we can play as usual and still win. 

TKN, did you save yourself with vote manipulation? If you didn't, I'm curious why someone was invested enough in you to do it on your behalf. 

7 minutes ago, Archer said:

Laby was excluded because we know they're not evil. My guess is that in the event of a tie, one is chosen from the VC to bring the number to two elims. Perhaps them having more voters, if you ignore the vote manip, tipped it towards TKN.

Possible experiment : we all vote for a single candidate. Unlikely to yield an interesting result. 

My guess is if we make the leaderboard properly call out the elims, it's a hidden wincon. Otherwise we can play as usual and still win. 

TKN, did you save yourself with vote manipulation? If you didn't, I'm curious why someone was invested enough in you to do it on your behalf. 

Well, we know one thing for certain: archer is no longer red. That, and the fact that TKN and Araris are now our red names makes me inclined to agree with the top two alive candidates will be red. So if this wincon is actually true, does that mean we're gonna have to kill off a villager or find both elims in one go to activate this hypothetical win con?

If that is the case, then someone should probably claim vote manip, so that way we can cooperate and actually try to execute this plan. If no one claims, we could assume that it is one of the elims behind the vote manip, and that they manipulated TKN's votes to distract or confuse us.

So yeah, if you role-blocked someone, or if you have vote manip, feel free to role claim in a PM.

I'm inclined to believe that the provided list interacts with the game's other mechanics in some way. It doesn't, however, appear related to alignment, so we should probably ignore it until we get further information.

I'll open with a vote on Wizard; what was the motivation behind your last-minute vote on TKN?

32 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

My vote on Labyrinth was to see if it was correct, which there was definitely a possibility of. However, I would not have been surprised either way.

Sure, but I read the tone of your post as something I might have said, as someone who was directly opposed to voting based solely off the list. That clearly wasn’t your position last turn, so the statement seemed off.

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

Sure, but I read the tone of your post as something I might have said, as someone who was directly opposed to voting based solely off the list. That clearly wasn’t your position last turn, so the statement seemed off.

I suppose so. Although you were the second? person to vote Labyrinth last game before changing it.

Why did you change your vote out of the seemingly blue?

1 hour ago, Aeoryi said:

I'm more curious as to @The Wandering Wizard's reasons for voting TKN.

Instead of the gunlance poke I went for a killing wyvern's fire instead.

I wanted to add more people to the killing grounds for the sacred ties to see how it would play out. 

31 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

I suppose so. Although you were the second? person to vote Labyrinth last game before changing it.

Why did you change your vote out of the seemingly blue?

Which time? :P

Switched to Wiz because I wanted engagement and didn’t like the trains super much. Voted Lab because I didn’t want Archer to die and figured the easiest way to accomplish that would be to appease the people voting him some other way. Unvoted Lab because I didn’t actually e!read him (just preferred his death to Archer’s) and I switched to Araris/TKN because I didn’t like them voting based around the list.

My voting pattern is irrelevant here though, especially as I’ve been consistent about it (I think) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Edit:

15 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Instead of the gunlance poke I went for a killing wyvern's fire instead.

I wanted to add more people to the killing grounds for the sacred ties to see how it would play out. 

What did you see from how it played out?

Edited by Matrim's Dice