Also, just a side note to the creation to all of this. First we need to get it all down, that will take a very long time but if we work hard we can do it. Next we need to cut out all of the things we dont need. Third we need a timeline and a base worldbuilding. Since I haven't read it all yet ill focus mostly on editing as much as I can for now and then read it through when I can later. 

1 hour ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

*blinks* so... a full on adaptation from the beginning of TLT to the endless eternity that will come? that would... be something... hum...

It will be a life-long adventure that we will pass on to the generations to come after interacting with them on the Shard

Spoiler

:P 

12 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

page 2117- it has been absolute comedy, but most posts basically consist of:

The angry man was angry

Very angry

unfortunately the angry man was killed by the sad man

The sad man was killed by the bat man

the bat man was killed by Batman

But Batman's power paled in comparison to the Manbat, who had the power of anime on his side

But then Batman began a conspiracy plot to destroy manbat

Suddently, Pineapples

Batman ate the pineapples

Suddently, Pineoranges

Batman also eats those

Suddently, pineapples

Batman goes and removes the person behind the pineapples

But he never suspected grapes.

yeah, TLT posts are crazy most of the time, and the other times they're crazy cool

According to my calculations if it takes 3 minutes to copy and paste one page down it will take roughly 126.05 hours for one person to just copy and paste the current number of pages. That does not include editing, credits, other chaos, and rewriting. I think we are going to need a bit of help for this one folks. 

Just now, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Just tell me what to do!

Alrighty. I am not running this show (I don't know who is lol) But I do know we need to get every single line from TLT down on a doc so that we can edit it into an actual story. That will take a VERY long time. I am currently scrolling through every TLT page and writing down the people who contributed. Every single one. However I know Experience was working on putting down some pages. If you want to click into the doc and help out at some point you can. You can just copy and paste the lines from TLT where they left off. Almost anything you do would be helpful though. 

Just now, Experience said:

Yeah, I can't do the lines rn cuz I don't have my computer with me. 

@SmilingPanda19

Thoughts on something else I could do?

Uhmmmmm I suppose you could get to cutting out the idiotic stuff or grammatical errors. You might be able to do things like that. 

35 minutes ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

The idea is that it’s a full readable novel I suppose. You don’t really find. “Recaps” in novels.

I was just saying for the making, but it doesn’t matter.  

34 minutes ago, Experience said:

An idea for copy and pasting from thread to doc, if someone else is already working on it, you can start doing it like 100 pages in the future and that way you won't be doing the same pages but it'll go a lot faster.

But make sure to label it!

Dang- you're doing like all of TLT. That's awesome. Though, I don't believe that we could make it work all together as a novel. I would much rather pick specific plot lines and turn those into their own novels with short stories about some of the random side adventures before the first novel to set the tone and in between the different stories, with plot building in them until the novels come. Though, if you want to do it from the very beginning... that's cool.

11 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

is he still around

Ele is active over on Discord. I can poke him to take a look over here if you guys want to talk to him about something, but while he made (this second iteration, lol) of TLT, no one really ran it? Even at the start. It's always been a chaotic mess :P 

A couple notes - I don't want to spoil any fun, but I will say that the likelihood of getting a coherent and good novel out of TLT is probably low; vast swaths of it were a much sillier story that jumped around a lot more, and honestly wouldn't need to be included at all. In addition to all the editing work people have mentioned here, you'd need to blend the sentences and POVs so they read smoother. And most importantly of all, you'd need to get in contact with anyone who's posted anything you keep to get permission to use their content. (Which, considering how many people how participated in this over five years, may not even be possible.) 

You're also not the only ones who have worked on making a novel out of some of the more coherent events there! I'll tag @Zephrun’s Imperium, who has been working on something involving Narrators and such for a long time. 

My advice would be to pick some of the later chunks of plot that you guys participated in and start there. Get the permission of whoever you need to after you've winnowed the posts down. Then, if it were me, I'd rewrite the events entirely; sometimes that's actually less effort than editing (though not always, so if you think you have something you can work with, yay!).

Ultimately, my two cents is to stick to a few plot beats and concepts from the end of the thread and focus on making those the best they can be, not trying to interweave every event and character. 

3 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Ele is active over on Discord. I can poke him to take a look over here if you guys want to talk to him about something, but while he made (this second iteration, lol) of TLT, no one really ran it? Even at the start. It's always been a chaotic mess :P 

A couple notes - I don't want to spoil any fun, but I will say that the likelihood of getting a coherent and good novel out of TLT is probably low; vast swaths of it were a much sillier story that jumped around a lot more, and honestly wouldn't need to be included at all. In addition to all the editing work people have mentioned here, you'd need to blend the sentences and POVs so they read smoother. And most importantly of all, you'd need to get in contact with anyone who's posted anything you keep to get permission to use their content. (Which, considering how many people how participated in this over five years, may not even be possible.) 

You're also not the only ones who have worked on making a novel out of some of the more coherent events there! I'll tag @Zephrun’s Imperium, who has been working on something involving Narrators and such for a long time. 

My advice would be to pick some of the later chunks of plot that you guys participated in and start there. Get the permission of whoever you need to after you've winnowed the posts down. Then, if it were me, I'd rewrite the events entirely; sometimes that's actually less effort than editing (though not always, so if you think you have something you can work with, yay!).

Ultimately, my two cents is to stick to a few plot beats and concepts from the end of the thread and focus on making those the best they can be, not trying to interweave every event and character. 

Could we, prehaps, remove some of the rather useless parts of the content by said people five years ago? It would certainly make it easier to get people's permissions.

We're compiling a list of everyone who has posted on TLT, and we're on page 1300 last I checked. Given that the last 200 or so pages have been pretty coherent, it might be best to use that as the foundation. But maybe still getting people's permissions would be cool.

Secondly, the short story idea (from Thaidakar) is cool. it might work better to have "Micro-plots" rather than one big coherent plot.