Well our group did try and take on TLR that one time... (it didn't end well ;) ).

There's a guy on the Crafty boards telling his tale of seafaring piratical adventure (featuring, among other things, mer-kandra), Kadrok has a pretty cool "Citadel" setting that could be fun...

Adventure through some Dungeons and go slay the KanDragon.

That would be horrifying. A massive, slithering pile of flesh, capable of absorbing bones from all the worst monsters the heroes had killed thus far...

I'm going to retreat to my bed and not sleep for a while.

The storyline could be that it's set in an alternate timeline of Scadrial, where Ruin's influence overcomes The Lord Ruler, and he becomes The Lord Ruin. He uses full advantage of all Hemalurgy, with many Spikes, not to mention his already mega-awesome Compounding powers. Good Luck!

Thus allowing the KanDragon being one of his minions. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

My group was hired to make a noble house believe a different house had a mistborn. Then infiltrated and impersonated a minor noble house. My end goal was going to be membership with the 17th shard, but the group wanted more fighting and less intrigue. So I had them defend one of the gates during the Koloss siege. None lived. 

I'm planning an AoL game with the villain the PC's are dealing with looking for the now "Lost" city of Luthadel. It stands to reason that even in the MAG setting there should be some ruins here or there that PC's could be encouraged to look for then explore. And unlike me you will not have to make a really powerful villain via compounding Allomantic nicrosil/Feruchemical nicrosil to make charges.

Also consider the Piracy game suggested by Kurkistan. The Southern Islands are where many of the fine cloths and spices come from so its a great place for intrigue without having to be in Luthadel.