Well played everyone :) It was a lot of fun.

For anyone who doesn't yet appreciate the beautiful irony of this game:

The only players who were in the first game who were also in this one were; Maill, Wilson, JasonPenguin and I (and Meta as the GM of course.) And I was spiked in that game too and we won by gaining the trust of prominent villagers, losing a single spiked in the process. [There's more similarities and I'm not gonna go through them all, but it was an anniversary game in several amusing ways :) ]

I'd just like to point out that Wilson's initial reasoning for trusting me was very clever, and probably would have been accurate if it had been anyone but me. I tend to chat with Meta a little in PMs just about my role or the game in general before moving most conversation into the doc, and that's what Wilson saw. It wasn't a conscious ploy on my side or anything, just luck. Beyond that, convincing people that I'm a villager while doing whatever the heck I want to in the thread is probably what I'm best at in these games :P I make a truly awful villager though.

Some Kudos to Newan for calling me out on defending Weiry even if I made you lose your conviction afterwoulds. You were right about me defending him, though you were completely wrong about the offensive smoking being unrealistic...we'd been doing that pretty much the whole game :P It was why Meta gave us two smokers in the first place, not that he said that till after we decided to do it ourselves of course.

The following comment/s contain significant spoilers for Agents of SHIELD season 1. Seriously, if you haven't seen it yet, don't read this.

So a lot of the time when I was "working with" Wilson I was kind of expecting that I would eventually slip up and reveal myself. Basically I was imagining a situation like:

Which would have been an awesome moment, but winning's better or more: I wouldn't throw the game on purpose ;)

In the later parts of the game when I talked about their being a spiked seeker I was actually thinking that the Clairvoyant seeker is just an agent player with extremely high security clearance trust access. ;)

Hmm, now it seems to me that this leaves us with a bit of a problem, Wilson and everyone else are still going to want their revenge, let's see what we can do about that.

A tall figure walked through the village in the fading light. He had dark skin and a crescent-shaped scar on his left cheek and he dressed in a black and silver uniform. The koloss had done their work well, Tyrian Falls was a ruin. Barely a building still stood and not a spark of life remained in the ruined streets. The man reached the town square where the majority of the corpses lay, he wandered through looking for one in particular. He stopped near the altar at the centre of the square and reached down and pulled free two large spikes of metal, tossing them aside. He reached down again and there was a glow of light.

Clancy opened his eyes. The face of the man standing over him was one he had hoped to never see again, it was a face from his past, and his greatest crimes. Still, he felt remarkably good, better than he had in a long time, the whispers that had plagued him for decades were gone. With a start he realised that his spikes had been removed, and with them his powers. His senses felt dulled and he could no longer touch the emotions of those around him, but perhaps that was a price worth paying. "Why?" he asked.

"Because you have not yet met justice for your many crimes. This death is a breeze in a highstorm compared to your crimes."

For the first time in many years Clancy felt fear bubble up inside him, "What are you going to do to me?"

"Nothing, there are others coming who will attend to that." Without another word the man rose and walked away. Clancy lay there thinking for a little longer, then force himself to his feet. It was time to leave, time to find somewhere else to stay, somewhere to hide, and plan. As he walked out of the village and into the ash-covered landscape he remembered something important, there was one more thing he had to do. He turned and stood, staring at the village for a time while he thought over all that had happened, after a time he began singing, his voice a low baritone. It wasn't a perfect ballad, but then, it hadn't been a perfect town.

And who are you, the proud skaa said,

That we should run and hide?

Only men of a different skin,

Who's coming we have spied.

With skin of white, or skin of blue,

All men still can fight,

And we can fight as well as you,

and we will face your might.

And so they spoke, and so the spoke,

Those skaa of Tyrian Falls,

But now the ash falls o'er their homes,

With no-one there to see.

Yes now the ash falls o'er their homes,

And not, a soul to see.

Finishing his song, Clancy turned and walked away into the night.

Now I really need to read through the dead doc :)

As much as I've enjoyed this game, I won't be playing in the next couple/few, though I will be back eventually. To play properly just has too high a cost in time and effort and I've been letting other commitments slip to play. (+The lack of sleep and corresponding impact on physical wellbeing.) I'm glad I played, and I will still be around, but I'm not going to start playing every game again.

Edit: One other thing, to my fellow spiked. Thanks for being awesome :) Murder with you again someday?

Edit 2: Oh yeah, 112 pages of google docs filled with copied PMs, coloured for the different players....never again. :P

And another Edit (last one, for now, I think): Apologies for killing you straight up Alvron. I don't regret the decision, we had to kill someone and it was better off being an experienced player. (Both for danger factor and not killing a new player before the game even really begins!) but it always sucks to die straight away.

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

And another Edit (last one, for now, I think): Apologies for killing you straight up Alvron. I don't regret the decision, we had to kill someone and it was better off being an experienced player. (Both for danger factor and not killing a new player before the game even really begins!) but it always sucks to die straight away.

You can always give me your blood as an apology.  :P   

But really it's cool.  I have no problem dying first.  Just goes to show how much others fear me.

I suppose I should change my signature now...

In all sillyness, this was actually really fun, and I'm already excited for the next one. Maybe I'll be a Viscount or a Marquis.

I do have to say this, YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!  If you hadn't voted for me I could have survived that lynching!

Well, I died early again. :P Oh well; it was fun while it lasted anyway!  Anyway, to more important matters:

I had 3 tineye messages during the limited time in which I was alive, but only the second one's important.  The other two are simply frivolity and misdirection.  The second one does indeed have a solution, and it is, I'd say, rather devious...

Theres never another secret!

Step 1: Ignore all of the underlines and italics.  Ignore all of the letters of each word except for the first (and sometimes) second.  You'll notice that each word begins with an indigo (that's totally indigo, not blue) or violet letter.  That is important.

Step 2: Look at those indigo and violet letters in the first letter or two of each word.  So, indigo for "There's", violet for "never", indigo indigo (2 indigos in a row) for "another", and violet again for "secret".

Step 3: Use the first letter of "indigo" and "violet" as a roman numeral.  So: I (1), V (5), II (2), V (5).

Step 4: Go to that number letter in the word.  The first letter of the first word is "T".  The fifth letter of the second word is "R".  The second letter of the third word is "N".  The fifth letter of the fourth word is "E".

Step 5: Scramble those letters.  You end up with RENT. ;)

Wow. I'm pretty impressed. I'll try to post explanations for all my messages tomorrow, or Saturday.

Claincy, argh! I suspected you many times, but always ended up deciding to trust you. :P I told Joe in a PM how much like Bartbug this would be if you were Spiked. The only difference was you didn't claim Seeker and that I wasn't the final kill.  

Good game everyone! And congrats to the spiked. Very well played.

As for all of my Coinshot blunders... *sigh* sorry about all of that. I had lots of good reasons (or so I thought) for targeting the people I did, but they all turned out to be wrong. And the one time I did find the right person I only told one person who I was targeting: Claincy. *sigh*

(seriously, Claincy, well played. I had a plan for trying to root out spiked members. I PMed a few people individually- Claincy being one of them, Wilson another- saying basically "so based on what you've been saying in the thread I'm pretty sure I trust you." Then I waited to see who would try to encourage (manipulate) me into voting for people. I figured it would be far to tempting for a Spiked to ignore and not take advantage of, but Claincy all but completely ignored me, at least until Wilson died. Even then he didn't really try to get me to vote or Coinshot anyone, so I figured he was trustworthy. *sigh*)

Anyway, I said this in the dead doc but I'll repeat it here. After this game I would much rather be a Tineye again before being a Coinshot again. And that's saying something. There is way too much pressure being a Coinshot.

*sigh*

I feel your pain of being a Tineye. After so many messages, it's hard to think of anything new or cool.

EXACTLY! So much mind-numbing, life-consuming, finger-aching, wife-irritating time spent coming up with secret Tin messages!

But still, I would much rather do that all over again than be a Coinshot again. Way too much pressure! (Seriously, sorry to everyone I killed, and especially to Renegade!)

@Hero, Maill,

I'm with you there. It was great for a while, but it was good that I died when I did that game :P

...This is so hilarious I don’t even know what to say. It’s like we have a black market for ClaincyMAY HIS BLOOD RUN THROUGH THE WILSON’S HANDS commodities.

He’s going to be so appalled when he reads this doc. Either that, or he’s going to die laughing….

Die laughing was closer :P

I can just feel the love pouring out of the dead doc to me. For those curious, I'm mentioned 370 times, and at least half of those have to be in conjunction with a comment about me dying/my blood/liver/other body part.

Another edit:

One more thing, to whoever runs the next game I play in: It seems to me that it would be particularly appropriate for me to have a serial killer role, given how much talk of my blood being spilled there was in the dead doc. (Not to mention a tad ironic ;) )

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

Good job. We ended up with 158 pages in the Spiked doc, plus 104 pages of copied PMs in docs that we linked to in order to keep the loading time down. If we both managed to beat the Urbain doc, that would be quite the feat...

Not that I'm fishing for the "Participated in the longest doc" award or anything :P

Analysis of Tineye Messages:

Night 1:

Mists! I'm the Tineye again! All Spiked: kill me now. Please.

With all my love.

Analysis:

This was just a joke towards Hero with the added message of MAW. If you take the first letter of every other sentence, you spell Maw, the name of my first Tineye character.

Night 2:

Five years here, five before in Luthadel.

Four more, with you, I am willing to share.

The one who is not Ehe, my trust has lost for now, I'll tell. (The one who is not Ehe, my trust has lost for now, I'll tell.)

Eight years, I've suffered,

Eight more I'll dare,

The one with no Ene isn't quite absurd. (The one with no Ene isn't quite absurd.)

If one or four fiends

We are able to scare.

Endurance (with an L) isn't as suspicious as it seems. (Endurance (with an L) isn't as suspicious as it seems.)

Four years more will I stay here,

Eight, maybe, if we tidy this affair.

The writer of Rao is pure, I hear. (The writer of Rao is pure, I hear.)..

Now, get to work scourging the town.

Four at last, my poem ends, but beware.

This is Ien following my Sao. Ido me if I am wrong, my Seo is to this town.(This is Ien following my Sao. Ido me if I am wrong, my Seo is to this town.)

Analysis:

Here there was more to it. First: The white text. If you look at the white text, "the one who is not Ehe" means the one without Warmth, hence Winter Cloud. The "one with no Ene(wit)" referred to Wilson's Witless character in LG6. "Endurance with an L" Endurance is Eon in Aons, so change the N to an L and you get Eol. "The writer of Rao" is the hardest one. Rao is spirit and spirits are invisible, so the writer of invisible referred to Claincy as the first to use white text on the forums. The last white text means This is wisdom following my logic. Forgive me if I am wrong, my loyalty is to this town. 

Part 2: Take the numbers mentioned(Aside from the "ones" in white.) Two numbers in one line means that they are a double digit number. SO you get: 55 4 8 8 14 4 8 4. Using Taravangian's code, you get: Will Aili. This was to prove myself. Aili was my character after Maw. 

Night 3:

Citizens of Tyrian Falls: Don't forget to play fair with these messages first. Remember that your loyalty is to the town. Don't give up!

SaoKiiDaaTeoAonShaoTiaAhaDeoEonDaoDeoTeoKaiKaiKiiDeoIdoAhaYLoveXAonShaoNaeRao2OmiMaiSaoAreTeoKai

SaoYDaaAhaNaeAreNaeKiiDeoEonDaoRao2TeoKaiKaiKiiMaiTeoYTiaDaoEonDaoEon

TeoDaaAonTiaIdoMaiDaaKiiNaeGoldShaoKaiNaeEnaSaoYTiaKaiShaoYIdoRao2TeoTiaDeoTeoDeoYKiiSaoDeoSao

ZTeoRao2NaeDaoKaiAhaMaiKiiXSaoAreRii2KaiKaiOmiKiiSaoOmiDeoDeoTeoDaoKai

Rii2DeoYZTeoKaiXLoveDaaKiiOmiIdoZAhaOmiIdoEnaTeoNaeDaaSaoAonSaoKiiDeoYDeoEon

ZRao2TiaYShaoNaeRii2KaiKaiOmiTeoDaaDeoIdoOmiSightEonShaoNaeShaoDaoKaiDeoEnaLoveTeoTiaSaoGoldTeo

KiiXDeoEnaTiaDaoEnaTeoDeoKiiEonTiaSaoKaiRii2SaoNaeEo

DaoKiiSightYTiaSaoIdoGoldKii

YNaeYDaaTiaNaeLoveNaeDeoSaoOmiDeoKaiOmiSaoKiiSaoAhaSightXEonIdoRii2KaiMaiOmiEonTiaRao2DeoNaeKii

SightYKaiDeoKiiDaaIdoSaoDeoOmiSaoKiiOmiEnaKaiOmiIdoMaiRii2Rao2AhaZSightSaoKaiDeoOmiIdoXTeoDaoEon

DaoSightKaiTeoDeoDaaOmiDeoZRao2IdoXTeoDaoMaiRao2IdoRao2ZDaaTeoLoveXTeoRii2KaiDeoRii2DeoXAreOmi

NaeIdoYMai

Rii2KaiNaeDeoXIdoOmiRao2DeoYYRii2AhaSaoTeoKaiLoveKiiDeoOmiSaoSightDaaLovrKaiTeoTeoLoveDeoOmi

SightZYSaoIdoEonIdoEonOmiMaiSaoYKaiDeoSightXAhaTiaRao2TeoShaoTeoOmiSaoDaoDeoDeoOmiSaoMaiTia

Rii2NaeAre

YNaeRii2KaiTeoMaiOmiEonTeoVIdoEonYMaiKiiDaaNaeEnaOmiKaiRao2IdoLoveSaoMaiDeoRao2EnaTiaSightDeoOmi

KaiDeoXIdoEonSightMaiEnaSaoTiaNaeDeoKaiTeoKaiDeoRii2SaoMaiAhaAhaTeoKaiKiiMaiTeoAonKaiRii2KaiDeoTeo

OmiNaeRao2TeoKaiDaoShaoNaeKaiAonLoveTeoNaeNaeAha

NaeKiiRii2KaiTiaNaeRao2SaoYDeoTiaDeoEonSightKiiXDeoSao

SaoEnaXSightDeoDaaEonSightRao2VSaoRii2TeoKaiZKiiRii2KaiIdoOmiKaiTeoDaaAhaTeoAreIdoOmiMaiTeoNaeEon

DaoSightNaeIdoEnaDeoTeoRii2AonAhaTiaAhaDeoEon

KiiNaeIdoEonTeoNaeDaoTeoKiiNaeRii2KaiOmiIdoDeoKaiTiaKaiRao2YDeoRao2TeoAreKaiOmiYTeoOmiDeoEonGold

KaiSightDeoDaaXSightShaoAhaEnaGoldIdoSaoYTeoTeoAreXSao

SaoEnaZTiaAonKaiDaoLoveDaaSaoZTeoSaoV

OmiMaiNaeTeoGoldOmiNaeDeoKaiNaeDeoDaoLoveKiiAonTeoTiaYDeoRii2NaeKaiNaeEnaYOmiShaoRii2SaoYTeo

LoveDeoOmiTiaAhaMaiAonSaoRii2MaiKaiYKaiTiaTeoDeoSao

SaoEnaEonKiiXSightYSightShaoDaoKaiYKaiDeoLoveDaaSightTeoTeoLoveKiiDaaSaoYTiaAhaTeoAreSaoIdoDeoEon

TeoDaaTiaAhaMaiShaoAonAhaTiaTeo

TeoAhaNaeKaiZTiaMaiDeo!

-Endurance without an N

Analysis:

This was my most complicated message. There are many layers to it. First, you see the word first italicized in the intro and take the first letters of the first meaning of each of these Aons(except when followed by a two, where you take the first letter of the second meaning.). Leave the letters that are already there. Once that is done, you see that the intro mentions playing fair. This refers to a Playfair cipher. Since your loyalty is to the town, you use Tyrian Falls as your key word. You then create your table of five by five:

TYRIA

NFLSB

CDEGH

JKMOP

UVWXZ

Reversing the Playfair Cipher, you get an assortment of quotes from Sanderson books:

To many, an existence of agony is betxter thanxno existence at alxlx.”

Many people, unfortunately, are idiotsx."

Wasing aboutxthe not seeing.

I have to go prepare my boys to diex.”

What in the name of Burning Domi are you doing back in my court, girlx!”

Not just a rock

If a king isxseen to assume the burden of the poorest of men, perhaps there wilxl be those who will help him with his own load,

“This world, it is a tempest sometimes. But remember, the sun always rises againx.”

If the army were made up of one- legxged mutes, he would praise their balance and their listening skills.

Nothing ridiculousx

You should write up there that we’re alxl bloody insanex

“One million, three hundred twenty- seven thousand, forty- twox,”

You and I. Go awayx.

Belief isn’t simply a thing for fair times and bright daysx

You must find the most important words a man can say.

Language!

The Xs are to make the cipher work. Finding the character who said these quotes:

Galladon, Jasnah, Spook, Clubs, Iadon, Tien, Nohadon, Taravangian, Breeze, Renarin, Yeden, Adien, Jewels, Sazed, Gavilar, Ivy.

Using the first letter of each of their names, you get: GJSCITNTBRYAJSGI. Using the Playfair cipher on that again, you get the final message: "Congratulations!" :P 

The signature of Endurance without and N is a hint to my identity. Endurance's Aon is Eon. Without the N, that is Eo. Use the Playfair Cipher and you get: GM. That refers to me being the GM the game after I was Aili.

Night 4:

Killing with no thought is no good.

Lynching just because you do.

Every single one of you

Running through the streets of blood.

Why must you hunger for death?

Most just want to take a breath.

Not you.

All this screaming, yelling, you do.

Evil is here!

Liar! I see it there!

You're evil too, with no doubt.

A fool I'd be if I trust you.

So worried about the Spiked

Is it worth all the death?

How much better than they

Are you?

Three deaths of innocents

Were your fault alone

Three others were

The Spiked in our home.

All you bloodthirsty creatures

In this town.

You can't get enough of it,

Can you?

The worst part is

I'm one of you.

-

But if you want real clues, here's my hint to you:

Wyrm, dowanx, Peng, Macen, Ostrich (But dead men tell no tales), Ash

Analysis:

If you take the italicized, red, bold, and large text, it says: No blood for you. No real meaning there.

The first letter of every line in the first stanza spells Kler, one of my characters on MBI. 

The first letter of every other line for the next while after spells Malai, my LG6 character's name.

Night 5:

ʎǝ sɔnɹʌʎ poƃs¡

ʎnɐʌ ʇsnɯ бүх ʌ ɯǝuʇıɹɐs ɹǝʌǝןɐʇɐ¿

ɐɯɐuƃɐ qɐuı ʞnuʎɐ uıǝʞɐs˙

ʞǝs болып табылады ןǝżąɔʎ¿

Kill the spiked!

Analysis:

The white text flipped spells this:

kes болып табылады ןeżący
amanga banı kunya nıekas.

yuav tsum бүх v mentıras reveןata?
ye scurvy dogs!

If you translate each word separately(in google translate), it says:
Who(estonian) is(Kazakh) lying(Polish)?
Lies(zulu) embarrass(Hausa) nothing(Lithuanian).

Must(Hmong) all(Mongolian) in(slovenian) lying(Galician) revealed(Latin)?

If you take the first letter of all those words, it spells Willen Mailu, the surname and first name of my character in LG7.
The Scurvy Dogs comment and the colored text was just for fun and to mess with you. :P

Night 6:

It is time for us to fight, and we do so not because we seek the glory of men, but because the other options are worse. We follow the Codes not because they bring gain, but because we loathe the people we would otherwise become. We stand her.e on this battlefield of our town alone because of who we are. Death is the end of all men! What is the measure of him once he is gone? The wealth he accumulated and left for his heirs to squabble over? The glory he obtained, only to be passed on to those who slew him? The lofty positions he held through happenstance?

No. We fight here because we understand. The end is the same. It is the path that separates men. When we taste that end, we will do so with our heads held high, eyes to the sun. I am not ashamed of what I have done. Other men may debase themselves to destroy me. Let them have their glory. For I will retain mine!

Yes, these are Spiked. Yes, we’re going to fight them. I don’t know what they can do. I don’t know why they’ve come. But we are here to stop them.

I know you’re scared, but you have seen my messages in the night. In the town, the others mocked me and dismissed what I’d seen as delusions. Well out there, you see proof that my visions were true! Out there, you see what I have been told would come!

I have been sent by the Survivor himself to save this land from destruction. I have seen what those things can do; I have lived lives broken by the Spiked. I’ve seen kingdoms shattered, peoples ruined, technology forgotten. I’ve seen civilization itself brought to the trembling edge of collapse.

We will prevent this! Today you fight not for the wealth of a nobleman, or even for the honor of your Lord Ruler. Today, you fight for the good of all men. You will not fight alone! Trust in what I have seen, trust in my words. If those things have returned, then so must the forces that once defeated them. We will see miracles before this day is out, men! We merely have to be strong enough to deserve them.

Today, men, I ask of you your lives. I ask of you your lives, and your courage. I ask of you your faith, and your honor— your strength, and your compassion. For today, I lead you to die. I will not ask you to welcome this event. I will not insult you by calling it well, or just, or even glorious. B.ut I will say this.

Each moment you fight is a gift to those in this town. Each second we fight is a second longer that those people can draw breath. Each stroke of the sword, each koloss felled, each breath earned is a victory! It is a person protected for a moment longer, a life extended, an enemy frustrated! In the end, they will kill us, But first, they shall fear us!

Citizens, do you imagine the future? The streets of the cities flooded with light, green branches on the thresholds, men just, the old blessing the children, the past loving the present, thinkers in full liberty, believers in full equality, human conscience the altar, no more hatred, the fraternity of the workplace and the school, for reward and for penalty, notoriety; to all, labor; for all, law; over all, peace; no more bloodshed, no more war, mothers happy!

Courage, and forward! Citizens, where are we headed? To science made government, to the force of things recognized as the only public force, to the natural law having its sanction and penalty in itself and spread by its own self-evidence, to a dawn of truth corresponding with the dawn of day. We are tending toward the union of the peoples; we are tending toward the unity of man. No more fictions; no more parasites. The real governed by the true, such is the aim.

I venerate you. Yes, you clearly see future ages; you are right. Citizens, whatever happens today, through our defeat as well as through our victory, we are going to effect a revolution. Just as fires light up the whole city, revolutions light up the whole human race. And what revolution shall we bring about? I’ve just said it, the revolution of the True. From the political point of view, there is one single principle: the sovereignty of man over himself.

Light! Light! Everything comes from light, and everything returns to it. Men will be happy. Friends, this hour we are living in and in which I am speaking to you is a somber one, but such is the terrible price of the future. Oh! The human race will be delivered, uplifted, and consoled! We are affirming it in this town. Where would the shout of love begin, if not from the summit of sacrifice? Here day embraces night, and says: I will die with you and you will be born again with me. From the heavy embrace of all desolations springs faith. Sufferings bring their agony here, and ideas their immortality. This agony and immortality will mingle and make up our death. Brother.s, whoever dies here dies in the radiance of the future, and we are entering a grave illuminated by the dawn.”

Arise, arise, Citizens of Tyrian Falls! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered, a sword- day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Run now, run now! Run to the gates!

Sons of Tyrian Falls! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of Spiked and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand!

I see a whole army of my townsmen here in defiance of these conquerors. You have come to fight as free men, and free men you are. What would you do without freedom? Will you fight?

Aye, fight and you may die. Run and you'll live -- at least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!

We must defy the Spiked... No.t with violence that will inflame their will, but with a firmness that will open their eyes.

When I despair, I remember that the way of truth and love has always won. There may be tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it: always.

Fight now and live! Never give up! Honor shall be yours!

Analysis:

​Here, there is an amalgamation of speeches from Dalinar, Elend, Enjolras, Théoden, Aragorn, Braveheart, and Gandhi. The last line says that Honor will be yours. That is a vague reference to myself. Honor's Aon is Mai, the first three letters of my username. 

Take the letters with small periods after them and it spells: Rbro. Use the Playfair cipher on it and it spells Alim, my character from LG8.

Night 7:

A Speech. One which may be my last. My last was a call to arms, this one is a declaration of hope.

You all know me now. It's no secret who I am. I am proud of my capabilities and I love this village. It pains me to see eleven of our brethren and our sisters taken from us, some by our very own hands. The anger that swept this town will destroy it if we do not get it under control. We will be destroyed, the koloss will Ruin us, if we do not fight with Honor. I will fight with you as long as I can, for I am one of you always in my heart.

I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in history as the greatest demonstration for life in the history of our cosmere.

Two years ago, a great Survivor, in whose symbolic shadow we stand today, killed the Lord Ruler. This momentous decree came as a great beacon light of hope to millions of skaa who had been seared in the flames of withering injustice. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of their captivity.

But two years later, the skaa still are not free. Two years later, the lives of skaa are still sadly crippled by the manacles of conquerors and the chains of force. Two years later, skaa lives on a lonely island of poverty in the midst of a vast ocean of material prosperity. Two years later, the skaa still languishes in the corners of our society and finds himself an exile in his own land. And so we've come here today to dramatize a shameful condition.

We have also come to this hallowed spot to remind ourselves of the fierce urgency of now. This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism. Now is the time to make real the promises of freedom. Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of oppression to the sunlit path of freedom. Now is the time to lift our town from the quicksands of injustice to the solid rock of brotherhood. Now is the time to make justice a reality for all of us, Skaa and noble.

It would be fatal for the town to overlook the urgency of the moment. This sweltering summer of our discontent will not pass until there is an invigorating autumn of freedom and equality. This is not an end, but a beginning. There will be neither rest nor tranquility in Tyrian Falls until we are granted our freedom. The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our nation until the bright day of justice emerges.

But there is something that I must say to my people who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice. In the process of gaining our rightful place we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred. We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence. Again and again we must rise to the majestic heights of meeting physical force with soul force. The marvelous new militancy which has engulfed our community must not lead us to a distrust of all people, for many of our brothers, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny. And they have come to realize that their freedom is inextricably bound to our freedom. We cannot walk alone.

As we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall always march ahead. We cannot turn back. We can never be satisfied as long as our bodies, heavy with the fatigue of war, cannot rest for fear of invasion and destruction. We can never be satisfied as long as our children are stripped of their youth and robbed of their chance at life by these traitors. No, no we are not satisfied and we will not be satisfied until freedom rolls down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream.

I am not unmindful that some of you have come here out of great trials and tribulations. Some of you have come fresh from brutal plantations. Some of you have come from areas where your quest for freedom left you battered by storms of persecution and staggered by the winds of prejudice. You have been the veterans of creative suffering. Continue to work with the faith that unearned suffering is redemptive.

Let us not wallow in the valley of despair. I say to you today my friends -- so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream.

I have a dream that one day this town will rise up and live out the true purpose of its creation.

I have a dream that one day on the red-lit hills of Fadrex the sons of skaa and the sons of noblemen will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the city of Luthadel, a city sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my children will one day live in a town where they will not be judged by their heritage but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day down in Urteau, with its vicious haters, with its "Citizen" having his lips dripping with the words of revenge and anger -- one day right there in Urteau little skaa boys and skaa girls will be able to join hands with little noble boys and noble girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today.

This is our hope. This is the faith that I stay here with. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our city into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to play together, to struggle together, to fight together, knowing that we will be free one day.

And if we are to be a great people, this must become true. And so let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of Fadrex. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of Terris. Let freedoring from the keeps of Luthadel.

Let freedom ring from the canals of Urteau.

But not only that; let freedom ring from here in Tyrian Falls.

Let freedom ring. And when this happens, and when we allow freedom ring -- when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every dominance and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of us --Skaa men and noble men-- will be able to join hands and sing.

This week, we started on a mighty fight. We have fought through betrayals and through despair. We have fought on barricades and rested the bodies of our brothers and sisters in the ground. Some of our faces are burned from the outpourings of the sweltering sun. Some have literally slept in the mud. We have been drenched by the rains. Our bodies are tired and our souls are somewhat sore.

They told us we wouldn't last this long here. And there were those who said that we would get here only over their dead bodies, but all the world today knows that we are here and we are standing before the forces of power in the town of Tyrian Falls saying, "We ain't goin' let nobody beat us down.

Once more the method of resistance was unsheathed from its scabbard, and once again an entire community was mobilized to confront the adversary. And again the brutality of a dying order shrieks across the land. Yet, Tyrian Falls became a shining moment in the conscience of man. If the worst in our lives lurked in its dark streets, the best of put instincts arose passionately from across the town to overcome it.

The battle is in our hands. And we can answer with creative fighting the call to higher ground to which the new directions of our struggle summons us. The road ahead is not altogether a smooth one. There are no broad highways that lead us easily and inevitably to quick solutions. But we must keep going.

I know you are asking today, "How long will it take?" Somebody's asking, "How long will prejudice blind the visions of men, darken their understanding, and drive bright-eyed wisdom from her sacred throne?" Somebody's asking, "When will wounded justice, lying prostrate on the streets of Tyrian Falls and communities all over the world, be lifted from this dust of shame to reign supreme among the children of men?" Somebody's asking, "When will the radiant star of hope be plunged against the nocturnal bosom of this lonely night, (Speak, speak, speak) plucked from weary souls with chains of fear and the manacles of death? How long will justice be crucified, and truth bear it?" I come to say to you this night, however difficult the moment, however frustrating the hour, it will not be long, because "truth crushed to earth will rise again." How long? Not long, because "no lie can live forever." How long? Not long, because "you shall reap what you sow."

This battle will be won. It will be fought with valor and courage as it has been. We will survive and we will continue on. Hope is never lost, for hope, as our Survivor said, is the one thing that can never be killed. Fight on!

Analysis:

This one was posted the day after Martin Luther King day, so I thought it fitting to put together some pieces of a few of his most famous speeches.

The italicized letters spell Altermind, my LG9 character as well as my Oregon RP character.

Night 8:

I suspect that this is my last message. If I die, know that my spirit is with you. You can still drive these koloss away and purge the town of these Spiked. Keep hope! For all is not lost. Mr. Morse might help us now.

Fourscore seven years ago our pops brought forward on this land wonderful new groups., conceived amidst free dedication among a good proposition that all men created are the same. Presently we are . in civil war, testing if this .town or any town so conceived and so dedicated can long endure. We are met on a great battlefield of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field as a final resting-place for those who here gave their lives that that town might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this. But in a larger sense, we cannot dedicate, we cannot consecrate, we cannot hallow this ground. The brave men, living and dead who struggled here have consecrated it far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living rather to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us--that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion--that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain, that this town under the Survivor shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Give me Liberty or give me death!

B2A5A3C3E3C3B3B3

My last suspicions for you(in order): Unodus(Spiked Rioter), Piff(Spiked Rioter/Soother), Joe, Newan, and Senn/Peng.

Analysis:

Here the clue is Mr. Morse. If you take the syllables of the first few words, and count one syllable ones as dots and 2+ syllables as dashes, the morse code spells Maill. Maxill. End. Maill was the character I played in LG1 and this game. Maxill was LG2.

If you take the table from the Playfair cipher and use each column as 1-5 and each row as A-E, the message at the end says: FAREWELL. I thought that would be my last message.

My final message had nothing hidden in it. I really had no more ideas and was burned out from these. :P

Hope you guys enjoyed these! :)

Edit: not sure why Night 6's spoiler tag isn't working right...

Edited by Mailliw73

Wow, that was a lot of layers there, Maill! Very impressive! 

...Also....

Good game all! Thanks Joe for GMing.   :D

:angry:  

I'm not one for acclaim and I can see how this mistake happened, but really?

Yep, thanks Joe! I thought it was a great game and really well balanced! Everyone should strive to make a game as good as this! :P

Edited by Metacognition

Just to let everyone know, we'll likely lock this a little bit after the start of LG 10. As such, if you have any additional questions, comments, or threats or friendly ribbing you want to make before then, get them in soon! :)

I had a blast running this game and it could've gone either way a hundred different times, IMO. I was very impressed by those that were new to the game on both sides. They all jumped head first into it and I was impressed with how well they handled it! I look forward to many more games with you!

So get in your comments while you can, cause soon we'll be moving on into our second year together and that means even more blood and death! Can't go wrong with that! ;)

I had a blast running this game and it could've gone either way a hundred different times, IMO. I was very impressed by those that were new to the game on both sides. They all jumped head first into it and I was impressed with how well they handled it! I look forward to many more games with you!

I just want to second this. Good job :)

Meta, how did you decide Roles?

First thing I do is decide which and how many of the roles I plan to use for the game. I decide on which roles, if any, I think would make for a challenging Spiked team. After I decided on which and how many of the roles I think will make for a compelling game, I randomly distribute them to the player list. Then I pick out of that distribution who the Spike team is. This way, there can't be any favoritism in my distribution, but I can also make sure that neither side is overpowered. 

Emphasis added. That's a quote from Meta earlier in the game. While he was describing the process in picking the eliminator team, he went into the process of role distribution. It's just random.  There are a few different random role generators online (specifically for mafia/werewolves purposes), and I'm betting he used one of those.